December 19, 2014 | 616 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Mac cremestick liner in gingerroot [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by flipthecoin888

I am really sad that this seems to be discontinued -- this is the perfect neutral lipliner under peachy nude lipglasses. My only gripe about this is that the product breaks easily, but that's because it's a softer pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this liner twice already. The color is a pretty sparkly pinky nude that goes with everything and has a wonderful creamy consistency. However, for the price, this lipliner (especially if you use it everyday) seems to run out in less than a month, so I took one lippie off. However, I'll continue to buy because the product is so good. I just wish that maybe MAC could make these in a pencil form so you could get more product for your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I might not like the kind of ginger root that goes *inside* my mouth, I am definitely a fan of the one that goes *on* it.
I'll be honest - I'm not a huge fan of lipliners. I understand their benefit as a means of precision & definition, but I find them fairly difficult to apply and extremely obvious to see - neither of which make them winners in my book. But... then came gingerroot.
First off, let's talk about the formulation: cremestick liners are a *dream*. If you have issues with regular pencil-like lipliners, don't abandon hope - instead, get yourself to your nearest MAC counter and make a beeline for these lovely lip products. The texture is smooth & creamy... there is absolutely no dragging and no harsh lines, which allows for a soft and subtle lining of the lips. In fact, you can even get away with wearing these on your pout all on their own, or just adding some gloss on top for some shine. And, of course, fill in your lips with the liner & it's perfect for layering under lipsticks for longer wear throughout the day.
The color is also pretty perfect... a true, natural color with just the slightest hint of peachy-pink (& absolutely no orange to be seen) which makes it perfect to layer under virtually any lipstick (except for maybe plums & wines - though you can definitely get away with wearing it under reds to prevent the color from bleeding, while staying away from the harsh look red lipliners can give sometimes).
All in all, a natural & useful product if the need for a lipliner ever happens upon you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipliner. I have very pale lips so I use liner everyday. I usually use a more brown color to accentuate my lips more but this liner is fantastic. At first I thought it was too light for me, but once I put it on and applied Love Nectar lusterglass on top, it's gorgeous. The perfect nude lip!! I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

Awesome color!! No orange ~ I hate orange makeup!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found a lipliner for my nude lipsticks that not too brown! Yea! I have a few nude lipsticks where I love the color in the tube but not on my lips because it washes me out and makes me look dead. (I have very fair, pale skin.) This lipliner intensifies those nude lipsticks just enough to make them wearable.
I also like that I don't have to sharpen this pencil, but other reviewers have noted that you get less product out of it compared to a regular pencil.
$14.50 is expensive for a lip pencil, but for me it was a great shade so I just bought it. Anyone know if there is a good drugstore dup?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by babyd0llx3

I love this prior to rocking my nude lippies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jinxthedog

best neutral pink color, stays put perfect under lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have lipliner issues. My lips are fairly pigmented, I love a nude look, and I don't wear lipliner all that often, but I'm always keeping an eye out for a lipliner that might help cancel out my lip color and help my nude lipsticks look more true to color. From other reviews, it seemed as though this liner did that, so I ordered one. But on me, I'm afraid, it doesn't lighten my lips at all. It warms them a bit and adds pearl, but the depth of color remains about the same. I'm still giving it a 4, because this is a nice texture and I think will be really versatile for me since it doesn't change the shade of my lips much. But then, since I'm a lipliner slacker, I don't know how often I'll actually reach for a liner that doesn't do exactly what I was hoping it would do.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Justify_my_Love

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gingerroot is a fabulous, very subtle iridescent pink nude shade. I use this with every light or nude pink lipstick and gloss that I own (Dior Jersey Pink lipgloss, Chanel Naive Rouge Allure, Nars Mitzi, Laura Mercier Tea Rose, MAC Bare Slimshine, L'oreal Taffeta...the list goes on and on. It's that versatile!). It's almost the same color as my lips. Super smooth in texture and very long-lasting.