September 1, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eyeliner - Boots - No7 Amazing eyes pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Ruthia101

I have used this eyeliner for about 5 years. At the beginning I loved it. The thing I really loved was the colour. I use brown and it is a really nice blackish brown that doesn't look red or too light for me. It blended and smudged well and I really loved it. THEN... no 7 did something to it, it changed and the formula seems different. It now smudges way to easily and buy the end of t he day is basically gone! I still use it when I cant be bothered to use my gel eyeliner, but its not the same...although I couldn't imagine my make up bag with out it, as on the go its a great touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Use this for a lazy smokey every day look. Soft, and doesnt create exact lines, so great for smudging, even comes with a smudging brush on the end. Also a great liner for waterline, though will need reapplying (but what liner doesnt on the waterline...)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Color: Brown
Where purchased: Target
Name on pencil: "Stay Perfect Amazing Eye Pencil"

I recently started using the Boots No7 foundation (Lift & Luminate), and I have a weird OCD thing where if I like one product, I like to switch completely over to using only products from that brand...at least temporarily, maybe because I'm a weirdo, or maybe just to try it all out together to see how it fits as a line. So, when I liked the foundation, I went out and bought loose powder, eyeshadow, and lipstick from this same company.

I hate liquid eyeliner, but it seemed Boots No7 liquid version was the only eyeliner getting any love on MUA or Paula's Choice (I obsessively consult both for EVERYTHING). There was an open one in Target so I tested a little on my hand, and I really did not like how harsh it looked. The brown in the liquid looked nasty...I grabbed the brown pencil instead.

Last night, I was all excited and got home to put it on. Oh no! It took so much pressure to drag it over my eyelid, it almost hurt...an then it was so light that it started clumping up and peeling away. Dang it, thought I'd have to return it.

But ALAS: I tried sharpening it this morning--and yes, the first run of the blade made part of the color part fall out--but after a few twists, I tried the eyeliner again on both lash and water lines, and it was beautiful! Much easier to drag/glide over my skin, richer color, and the color looked stunning. Not a dull brown or an almost black like some other brown eyeliners, and not quite a bronze (no shimmer) or raisin tone, but just the right chocolate brown to offset my green eyes, fair complexion, and dark blonde hair.

It's not the most luxurious, awesome, show-stopping thing ever, but once sharpened, the color is just gorgeous! (And so far, no clumping, fading, smudging, etc.)

*Tip: looks good with their Mother Earth shadow too ;)
---
UPDATE 2/25/14 still using this almost daily; looks awesome with Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. Check out their Lash Adapt mascara, too. It's great to find quality products I can get at my local Target :) (and that don't test on animals!)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't wear much eyeliner only really for special occasions, I have this in black and brown I got them as a present, normally I just apply to the waterline this goes there smoothly but I find I have to reapply a lot through out the night because the colour just fades to practically nothing. When I try and use these to line above the top lashes I find it impossible the pencil just snags and pulls making it look very uneven and messy, I wouldn't buy this again at full price for what you get and how it applies I find them very over priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Katch98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this eyeliner pencil as a Christmas present last year and I am glad to say that I have still got half of the pencil now, even though I use it everyday. It's a good eyeliner for controlling how much you want on your eyelid, as it is considerably harder to apply a darker line onto the waterline!(the only bad thing about this pencil) but this is great for anyone for any occasion; an essential for any makeup bag!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found a couple of No7 pencil eyeliners in my drawer from a few years ago, little ones without the sponge end and I was drawn to the brown one because it is a lovely soft look.

Having bought two new ones, both a brown one and a black one, I think I'm still set more on the brown shade, just because the black is very black and makes a big statement. I used to use the brown one everyday and it worked a treat :) They both last quite a long time and the pencil bit isn't wood, it's kind of a synthetic wood/plastic which made me feel better about sharpening it and stuff.

I have since bought Benefit eyeliners (brown and grey) and I think they are better quality, but they are twice the price!

Overall, I think this is a good eyeliner for the money, although I wouldn't repurchase just because I have one a prefer more. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Ztte3699

I purchased this pencil on a whim as I "needed" a new liner. It costs about 6 bucks at Target for a standard size pencil and smudger at the tip. The smudger, I must say, was a bit rough albeit spongy, but it didnt really have a use. I would've preferred that extra bit to have been replaced by more pencil but it's out of my power. As for the pencil itself, it is very soft but not soft to the point that the delicate breeze from the batting of an eyelash will completely total the point... but it is soft. I found myself sharpening this pencil often, or maybe that was just me trying to get through it so I could buy another eyeliner :). In any case, the pencil was not good for drawing sharp lines and flicks, but more for soft definition of the lash line and the waterline. Staying power was normal for my eyes considering they are rather oily, although it did transfer throughout the day from lashline to my crease, but thats more due to my anatomy, ymmv. S'okay...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

This eyeliner is brilliant. It's very black but not overpowered black-very wearable still. I can use this of a day without it being too dramatic. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by loopymonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this is black and brown. I bought each ne with a voucher so they cost me 2.50 each. I bought the brown as I fell in love with black. I use the brown as an eybrow pencil and it is perfect and lasts ll day.
I have real trouble applying eyeliner but find these glide on and are really soft on the skin with no dragging.
The colour is sublte and mistakes can be easily rectified with the smudger at the other end of the pencil,if you want a really striking black then a liquid product may be best as I find these colours not as dark.
Great staying power and easily removeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Isabel97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works great. I bought it in Black and it certainly is that! It has a strong colour, this one is actually black not some greyish non-black colour you get when you buy a low quality eye pencil. It has a hardish feel to it not to squishy and it stays sharp for quite long. I also thought it was worth the money.