August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hard to find this product on MA to review!

I've bought this powder multiple times over the last year and a half, maybe two years.

I purchased in Translucent Medium.

Pros: Matte, but not too matte finish
Great at setting your foundation into place
Velvety texture/No Caking
Good blemish coverage(better with foundation)
Did not cause any breakouts
Seemed to minimize appearance of fine lines and pores
Evened look of skin tone(only when used, not permanent change)

Cons: Not convinced it really does much for actual imperfections like fine lines

Packaging, packaging, packaging!!

I'm a big PF lover. Having sensitive skin, products that don't irritate my skin is a must.
I'm a bit young for "wrinkle treatment" products, but I liked the price and the color when I first tried it. I liked how the product made my skin look so much, I've been pretty faithful since then. My skin does look improved from a year ago in terms of fine lines, but I can't say for certain that is Covertox's doing as I use other products such as night cream in my skin care regime.

The BAD would have to be the packaging mostly. This particular style of powder pod, for all my years using PF almost always cracks into pieces making the product unusable. I would say it happens to 1 in 3 of the pods, typically for me at about 50% of using the product. PF is a medium priced powder, actually a bit on the expensive for me. It's such a great product, it should have packaging that matches.

I've had to resort to putting the cracked product into a mason jar when this happens. However, this isn't really the best solution for touch-up applications on the go as it would be far too awkward to try to put on in the car or public bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by braless

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely couldn't be without this powder. I have used it now for maybe 10 years. I only use moisturizer (Malibu Hemp moisturizer, which is for the body but works great on the face), then immediately put this on WITH A POWDER PUFF not a brush! so it can still have time to stick to the moisturizer. This keeps it in place and turns it into a great coverage that reduces pores dramatically, tones a lot!!!!, and covers spots. I love this stuff and hope it never goes away. I cant use anything with silica and soooo many powders have that in it now. It looks good for a little while and then it gets greasy and it causes rashes and zits and I am 58 years old. Some say silica is good but I say NO it is not! I can only find this at Walmart right now so I hope it stays in their products. I also wanted to add that if you put this on first with or without moisturizer, leave it a few minutes then rewash your face it does something amazing to the skin. It may be the laurel lysine that does this but it definitely tones the skin and prepares it for your moisturizer and then it on top of that for the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Katherine222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only product I have ever tried that advertises wrinkle therapy and works. I would not be without it. It reduces the look of wrinkles, does not settle into lines and is invisible on the face. I do not know if it has any long term benefit, but I have been using it for about a year every day, and I swear by it as a makeup. I use it without foundation, and with a little blusher and good to go. Highly recommended. One problem - I dont think physicians formula makes it any more so you have to buy it from closeouts on Amazon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by teitei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having very fair skin, I chose Translucent Light and was not disappointed. This product does not settle into your fine lines and wrinkles, thankfully! It gave me an almost flawless, very smooth appearance. I wore it alone, without the aid of a foundation and found I really didn't even need one. The only reason I knocked a lippie off is because it does contain parabens. I'm anxious to try their organic version next that does not contain any of that junk. However, I would buy it again if I couldn't find a paraben-free version because it gives such a great finish. Unlike others, I did not have a problem with the brush that was included, by the way. It just isn't that big a deal to me to not have a Kabuki brush I guess!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I have been using this pressed powder for years now. It does not look pasty over foundation and it is very finely milled, albeit somewhat more sheer than other pressed powders I have tried. I appreciate that the way it goes on is how it stays on for a good portion of the day, without the need for frequent touch-ups. It does not turn orange or settle into fine lines, helping it to deliver on its promise to de-emphasize signs of aging.

There is one caveat, though: For those with oily or blemish-prone skin this product may fail to impress. (For an alternative, Coty Airspun Powder is a classic.) What this PF CoverToxTen50 pressed powder is best for is what it is advertised for --- normal to dry skin that is beginning to show signs of aging. (It is ideal as an overlay, for example, over any foundation designed to improve luminosity --- likewise over tinted moisturizers that impart a "dewy effect" --- because it won't obliterate the look.) The only other caveat I can mention, is that the color choices run light. Because it has some translucency, I found that the medium shade was best for me --- the others washed me out.

Many powders highlight the dryness of one's skin --- if that's a problem --- whereas this powder maintains a more neutral, natural look. The anti-aging ingredients such as GABA --- ingredients that are an extremely rare find in a drugstore brand --- do tingle ever so slightly but in all my years of using this I have never had it progress to anything that would redden or irritate my skin. (To the contrary, I take it as an indication that it actually has ingredients that are strong enough to produce some effect.) I do recommend ditching the included brush in favor of a kabuki brush, with softer bristles, because it improves application and comfort considerably (if applying with the included brush, it does tend to feel scratchy for a minute or two). After applying pressed powder, which is the final step in my make-up routine, I find that it improves wear when followed by a spritz of water to "seal" the look.

I can't say the anti-aging ingredients are a cure-all but they do seem to offer a modest benefit. Still, for best results I pair this pressed powder with Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy (liquid) Foundation. (The latter is/was my HG liquid foundation --- a product that drove nearly everyone who tried it crazy due to the brush-on applicator --- yet the formula itself is pure gold, more long-wearing and natural in look and feel than any foundation I have purchased.)

Sadly, a lot of the PF products, which I have always found to be of higher-than-average quality even on sensitive and problem skin, are disappearing from store shelves as of this date. In my area, CVS, Walgreens and just about any store that stocked this brand has phased it out. It's easier to locate at Walmart and Target. Still, this observation got me wondering if the brand itself is about to go under? Well not quite. I read a news article from September 2012 indicating that Physicians Formula has been sold to Markwins International, a privately-held beauty company. For those who love a PF product, it may be time to let the new owners know what you want to continue to buy. With any luck, they'll go on producing the CoverToxTen50 line of products. I hope Markwins International will also go on producing the Minderal Wear line of pressed powder blushes, also a long-time favorite of mine.

Markwins International
22067 Ferrero Pkwy.
City Of Industry, CA, 91789
(909) 595-8898

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This left my face very smooth and the coverage was wonderful. I use it before my EL Double Wear Bronzer under my eyes as it works wonders on dark circles. I notice initially when I use it, my skin tends to itch a bit- not unbearably but just a slight itch here and there. It truly is a wrinkle therapy powder as I only have (3) small lines on my forehead that it did conceal a bit however I dont think it made me look THAT young, I'm 47 but could pass for 37 so I walked around the office acting as if I looked 27.. lol. a little goes a long way and it's buildable w/out a cakey appearance. Worth trying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like that translucent fair is pale enough for PPP ultra pale NC10 skin. that by itself is great cuz I rarely find anything pale enough. its not at all pink on me. or yellow.. just light and neutral.... I am 38 with very oily skin and wow I agree with some others here and elsewhere on internet that this has AMAZING oil control! way more than my dream matte powder or anything ive ever tried. I was surprised as its not even touted as oil control.... it DRIES your skin out... but thats just to be expected with a GOOD oil control product,., 'at first' so ill give it time.. at least a week..or a month to see if the drying/oil control effect is even too much! but skin should adjust. gives skin a very nice smooth finish, youthful looking. no matte no glow, no shimmer... just right. (matte effect of course, I mentioned oil control..but not flat ,matte "finish") I like it a lot. I will have to see if skin adjusts well enough for it is STRONG. I even felt I was allergic or something. not sure yet. you can 'feel' it on.... meaning like its 'doing' something ACTIVE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with other reviewers that this really doesn't cake up after the 2nd, 3rd, 4th application! Love that because mostly what I use this for is my nose. That is the oiliest part of my face by far and I must use blotting papers followed by a powder touch-ups throught-out the day. How I get this to have a little more staying power is I dust a setting powder over it like E.L.F. HD colorless loose powder (which I always do anyway). This isn't like a wow product for me, doesn't work wonders, but it works for the purpose I use it for and I do like that it's quite sheer and doesn't cake up. If it had more staying power while keeping the sheerness of it I would love it even more.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. I started using it under my eyes to set my concealer . A lot of people say "Its never cakey" when it comes to powders, But this... this powder really drives home that powders don't have to cake up no matter how much you apply.
The only down side, is that because I have SUPER oily skin, it lasts about an hour less than everything else I have tried. But that hasn't effected my re purchasing it or using it like crazy.
Best bet is to buy it on Amazon for a really good deal on the price.
I am so happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by honu66

I bought mine at a buy one, get one at 50% off, and bought it in light medium. I actually was pleasantly suprised at how it made my wrinkles and pores seem less visible. It actually does. It powders up a bit when you swirl a brush in it, but it's the only way I apply it. I apply it after makeup and it seems to make my wrinkles and pores less noticeable. I have only used it a few times, but so far, I am liking the effects of it. I just may purchase again, when PF is offerring a sale! :-)