December 17, 2014 | 1715 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Caudalie - Creme Gourmande - Hand and Nail Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am slightly addicted to hand creams and have a gazillion of them - all brands, all price points, all shapes/sizes/scents. This is probably one of the worst I have ever tried...Here's why...

I purchased this because one of my fave YT beauty gurus raved over it and it was IMO price well at $15. I am a fan of Caudelie's other products which contain Grape Seed Polyphenols so it was kind of a no brainer for me to give this one a try so I ordered it. Right away I was bummed bc I just didn't find this to be as emollient and moisturizing as described. Then I read the full ingredient list and was like, "ew, holy shiz, this is not all that AT ALL"... It's got Shea and grapeseed oil and blah blah blah sure, and those are all great and fine and all but truth be told these ingredients are pretty standard and in almost everything now a days and kind of bore me. Call me bratty but it comes to higher end products I expect more innovative ingredients. BUT the real issue for me is that this product contains waaaay too much citrus (limonene ) which sans an accompanying sunscreen can actually cause age spots. Now I am not saying this is guaranteed to happen with this product but I personally don't want to chance it. A hand cream to me is about prevention, not acceleration!

I really wanted to like this product but no dice. I am way too lazy to add UV protection on top of (or mixed into) my hand cream to prevent possible citrus oil induced damage so I sent it back the same day I received it. I am really surprised this is being touted as such a great anti-aging hand product because well, it's really not. And even if it contained sunscreen I just don't think it's all that as a moisturizer. Truth be told you would be better off just mixing veg glycerin with sunscreen as a hand treatment and it would be better for the skin. Skip this and go for something creamier, unscented, and more affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I was pleasantly surprised with this hand cream- it really sinks in and moisturizes and does not leave a greasy feeling. It does not feel like a rich heavy cream so at first I was dubious. But despite the light weight texture it really hydrates my cuticles which are my weak point. It is more effective than the classic hand creams from L'Occitane and Clarins.
The main reason I would not repurchase is because of the fragrance- it is not for me. Additionally I think that the Aveeno hand creams are just as good and much cheaper. This is something I would give as a gift.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this hand cream in a set of Caudalie favorites. My hands and cuticles are normally quite dry, so I generally go for a heavy duty/greasy style cream. I find that this doesn't provide enough moisture for my dry hands, so I would not buy this again.
The texture is smooth and a little on the thin side. It is not greasy at all and absorbs quickly.
The scent is fabulous, it is a floral/clean aroma.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This and the unscented Neutrogena are my favorite hand creams at the moment. I first tried this hand cream about four years ago and didn't like it, but I recently rediscovered it and enjoy it very much. It smells faintly of citrus, is pretty moisturizing, and sinks in quickly. There's no greasy after feel, which is an important attribute to me in a hand cream because I want to be able to continue working after washing my hands and applying hand cream. It's a bit pricey for a hand cream but I do appreciate Caudalie's more natural ingredients so every once in a while I'll splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a small size of this when I purchased the Divine Oil. It is a very nice hand cream but nothing special, certainly not special enough to warrant the hefty price. My hands take a beating as I teach Food and Nutrition so frequent hand-washing is a must, even when it's not cold and flu season. So I need a really good hand cream. This is good, though not great and, again, for someone who has to reapply often, it is just too expensive. For night-time application, it just isn't rich enough (that's when I use Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula or O'Keefe's Working hands or EA 8 Hour Cream or good ol' Nivea). So I would not repurchase this, though for someone who doesn't have to wash their hands a lot, this might be very nice to keep in your desk drawer to apply once or twice a day as it's not greasy and has a light, pleasant scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Everything about this is okay. Just okay
Not enough to warrant the 15$ price tag. I wouldn't care it it actually moisturized well but it's just so-so
It smells a bit like oranges
I have to re apply multiple times a day to keep my hands feeling soft and moisturized. The effect wears off after about 20 minutes
I'll be sticking with eucerin hand cream for moisture and treatment(with a ton of urea and lactic acid to exfoliate) and Crabtree and Evelyn for aesthetics(softness, going to touch someone else)

Mehh , don't waste your money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a Caudalie sampler I purchased that included this and the Divine Oil. At first, I wasn't impressed - sure, it isn't greasy and it absorbs quickly, but I didn't think the smell was anything special, and it didn't seem especially rich. After using it for a couple weeks though, I've changed my mind. This hand cream is wonderful, and over time really has made my hands feel and look much better! I get very dry skin in the winter, so I was actually looking for a thicker, richer cream. With regular use though, my hands are never dry, always comfortable, and look and feel soft and smooth. The cream is more of what I would call a lotion - it is thin, but not watery. Isn't greasy, doesn't leave a residue on my hands, absorbs instantly. I also love the packaging, it's easy to squeeze out the very last drop, it's attractive and elegant. I'm still not crazy about the scent, but it's light and non-offensive. I do wish the scented versions were available year round, rather than only around the holidays in a special gift pack. Price is also reasonable, despite the fact that I use it constantly, you only need a little bit so it has lasted me quite a long time. Will definitely repurchase, and check out more Caudalie as their products are fairly simple (which I love) and also elegant and effective. The French know their skincare!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I got this as a gift with another purchase. I can't say I'm impressed... it smells nice and gentle, the texture is nice, the packaging is nice, it doesn't sting or make my hands sweat, the ingredients are nice, but it doesn't do much. I have applied this every night for over a week and sometimes in the day too. I have seen only a slight improvement in my skin. This might be good enough for people that don't really have dry skin or if used in the summer, but for wintertime, this is nearly useless to me. Compared to my Avene hand cream, which can fix very dry, cracked hands in only a few days, this does nothing. It feels like most of the ingredients just sit on the skin, and the hands get just as dry as they were before if I wash them. I might buy this again if I see it with a big discount, but even them: most likely not - I don't feel it does much for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by visee

I was quite reluctant to buy this as I tried it at Sephora a couple of times and didn't like the scent (a faint grape water scent which could come across rather sourish). However I ended up with a travel sized tube from one of Caudalie's skincare sets and was really impressed by how moisturizing the hand cream is. It absorbs well and doesn't feel greasy at all. Also leaves my hands feeling quite soft even a few hours later. The smell still isn't great, might try one of the other Caudalie scented versions next, but at least its quite light and I don't notice it after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by cranky137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the only con id that I don'T like that it smells oranges. this is a very good office/summer handcream. I do not know what it does for my nails , just hope it works. I payed 8.5€ for a twin pack when I was in France and I would not pay more.