August 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Caudalie - Creme Gourmande - Hand and Nail Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this hand cream in a set of Caudalie favorites. My hands and cuticles are normally quite dry, so I generally go for a heavy duty/greasy style cream. I find that this doesn't provide enough moisture for my dry hands, so I would not buy this again.
The texture is smooth and a little on the thin side. It is not greasy at all and absorbs quickly.
The scent is fabulous, it is a floral/clean aroma.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This and the unscented Neutrogena are my favorite hand creams at the moment. I first tried this hand cream about four years ago and didn't like it, but I recently rediscovered it and enjoy it very much. It smells faintly of citrus, is pretty moisturizing, and sinks in quickly. There's no greasy after feel, which is an important attribute to me in a hand cream because I want to be able to continue working after washing my hands and applying hand cream. It's a bit pricey for a hand cream but I do appreciate Caudalie's more natural ingredients so every once in a while I'll splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a small size of this when I purchased the Divine Oil. It is a very nice hand cream but nothing special, certainly not special enough to warrant the hefty price. My hands take a beating as I teach Food and Nutrition so frequent hand-washing is a must, even when it's not cold and flu season. So I need a really good hand cream. This is good, though not great and, again, for someone who has to reapply often, it is just too expensive. For night-time application, it just isn't rich enough (that's when I use Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula or O'Keefe's Working hands or EA 8 Hour Cream or good ol' Nivea). So I would not repurchase this, though for someone who doesn't have to wash their hands a lot, this might be very nice to keep in your desk drawer to apply once or twice a day as it's not greasy and has a light, pleasant scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Everything about this is okay. Just okay
Not enough to warrant the 15$ price tag. I wouldn't care it it actually moisturized well but it's just so-so
It smells a bit like oranges
I have to re apply multiple times a day to keep my hands feeling soft and moisturized. The effect wears off after about 20 minutes
I'll be sticking with eucerin hand cream for moisture and treatment(with a ton of urea and lactic acid to exfoliate) and Crabtree and Evelyn for aesthetics(softness, going to touch someone else)

Mehh , don't waste your money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a Caudalie sampler I purchased that included this and the Divine Oil. At first, I wasn't impressed - sure, it isn't greasy and it absorbs quickly, but I didn't think the smell was anything special, and it didn't seem especially rich. After using it for a couple weeks though, I've changed my mind. This hand cream is wonderful, and over time really has made my hands feel and look much better! I get very dry skin in the winter, so I was actually looking for a thicker, richer cream. With regular use though, my hands are never dry, always comfortable, and look and feel soft and smooth. The cream is more of what I would call a lotion - it is thin, but not watery. Isn't greasy, doesn't leave a residue on my hands, absorbs instantly. I also love the packaging, it's easy to squeeze out the very last drop, it's attractive and elegant. I'm still not crazy about the scent, but it's light and non-offensive. I do wish the scented versions were available year round, rather than only around the holidays in a special gift pack. Price is also reasonable, despite the fact that I use it constantly, you only need a little bit so it has lasted me quite a long time. Will definitely repurchase, and check out more Caudalie as their products are fairly simple (which I love) and also elegant and effective. The French know their skincare!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I got this as a gift with another purchase. I can't say I'm impressed... it smells nice and gentle, the texture is nice, the packaging is nice, it doesn't sting or make my hands sweat, the ingredients are nice, but it doesn't do much. I have applied this every night for over a week and sometimes in the day too. I have seen only a slight improvement in my skin. This might be good enough for people that don't really have dry skin or if used in the summer, but for wintertime, this is nearly useless to me. Compared to my Avene hand cream, which can fix very dry, cracked hands in only a few days, this does nothing. It feels like most of the ingredients just sit on the skin, and the hands get just as dry as they were before if I wash them. I might buy this again if I see it with a big discount, but even them: most likely not - I don't feel it does much for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by visee

I was quite reluctant to buy this as I tried it at Sephora a couple of times and didn't like the scent (a faint grape water scent which could come across rather sourish). However I ended up with a travel sized tube from one of Caudalie's skincare sets and was really impressed by how moisturizing the hand cream is. It absorbs well and doesn't feel greasy at all. Also leaves my hands feeling quite soft even a few hours later. The smell still isn't great, might try one of the other Caudalie scented versions next, but at least its quite light and I don't notice it after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by cranky137

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the only con id that I don'T like that it smells oranges. this is a very good office/summer handcream. I do not know what it does for my nails , just hope it works. I payed 8.5€ for a twin pack when I was in France and I would not pay more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

the smell is pleasant but not overbearing, it sinks in quickly, and hydrates effectively. basically everything I would want in a hand cream. the packaging is lovely as well. caudalie always gets it right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

UPDATE: I decided I would not repurchase. I will just use whatever lotion or oil I'm using at the time to moisturize my hands. The main reason is because of the ingredients, but the price has some play definitely. I'd much rather make my own lotion with five or so ingredients; for example, grape seed oil, shea butter, avocado oil, vitamin e, olive oil. In fact, I'd leave out the grape seed oil since it is the oil that dries me out more than moisturizes. If you read reviews on grape seed oil, quite a few other people have had the same experience.

I've posted the ingredients in this update:
Aqua (Water), Glycerin*, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Dimethicone, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum (Fragrance), Phytosterols*, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Tocopherol*, Sorbitan Oleate*, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol.

------------------------------------------------------
It gets the job done and smells great. I have been using it less and less because I just use my face cream on my hands, but on days I want to pamper myself, I make sure to use this. I love everything about it. I'm one that hates fragrance, but this is not overbearing at all. Smells like what a grape should smell like lol It's such a pleasant product to use.