October 22, 2014 | 912 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - The Fragrance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On me this perfume smells like a yummy blend of lemon, sugary sweetness, and a touch of vanilla. The vanilla and sweetness really round out the perfume so it's not harsh citrus but rather soft and sweet. The lasting power is poor, which is why I docked a lippie, but I find that combining it with Bath and Body Work's Lemon Vanilla body spray and lotion makes it last longer and, since I got a good deal on it at TJ Maxx, I don't mind reapplying throughout the day. I find this fragrance to be comforting and feminine and will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the clean lemon scent, but it doesnt last at all. After 20 plus sprays its gone, like a splash. Love the body wash much better~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This opens up on me very very citrusy lemony. I tend to pick my perfumes on a day to day basis depending on weather and what I am wearing and this goes perfect for those warmer sunny days. I think I am one of the lucky ones that this works well for, I get a lot of compliments while I am wearing it and I never hear or thought of lemon Pledge. This fades over about a 4 hour period for me, which is why I won't repurchase. It fades to a gentle citrus scent that is very pretty and my husband enjoys. I like the neck nuzzling myself;) I do like a little more staying power without having to go through the whole layering sequence in the morning that I have little to no time for so thats a big reason why I wouldnt repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Philosophy is dry, boring lemon for about ten minutes. Then it is no more. No sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by i82much

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased this on a whim through QVC several years ago. When I received it I wasn't sure I liked it so I put it aside. Several months ago I decided to give it a try again. I'm not sure if my body chemistry changed or if I just didn't use it long enough the first time but now I LOVE IT! It has a nice, clean scent with a hint of citrus and seems to be one of a very few fragrances that mixes well with my body chemistry.
I decided to get some more before I ran out. But sadly, it wasn't available on the Philosophy website and QVC didn't carry it anymore either. I was able to find it at an online drugstore, and considered myself lucky thinking there was a dwindling supply. Well today I checked back on the Philosophy website and IT'S BACK!!!! The only way you can find it on their site, though, is to actually type Philosophy the Fragrance in the search engine for the website. Hopefully it's here to stay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Why oh why is this discontinued? I love this fragrance. I can't imagine a catatonically depressive person it would not make happy. The tagline is "sunshine in a bottle" and that's exactly right--smelling it is like standing outside on a fresh, energetic day of 74 degrees at the beginning of September (like today!) when the light is playing in the trees, the leaves are just starting to gather warmth, and you're wearing a light cashmere cardigan for the first time since summer. Your cardigan was fetched from a nice, sunlit, cedar-lined walk-in closet with a bowl of lemons inside. Now the grass is being mown and you have all the energy of a perfect day--motivation and a little reflective sweetness, too... I know I'm waxing a little bit CRAZY, but this scent really is sublime in that exact way. And now it's gone! Why, why? I love this and there's nothing like taking a bath in it on a sunny morning, and then facing life.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at Marshall's for around $30 and since I love Philosophy fragrances, I picked it up. This starts out so lovely, a lemony soapy scent. But something godawful happens during the drydown; I smelled like man. I was in the mall with this stuff on and swore some guy walked by me with cheap cologne on. But alas, I soon found out it was my own scent that was offending me. This stuff turns into a harsh, drugstore aftershave type scent. I'm glad others have noticed this and that my nose hasn't gone crazy. Will be returning tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was lucky enough to recently purchase two new (2) bottles of this fragrance at the Goodwill Store for a steal. I had previously received this fragrance as a promotion as well. I love lemony fragrances and this definitely has lemoney notes. But, it is also is masculine/unisex to my nose. Not a real harmonious marriage of notes to me, but, definitely kind of invogorating to the senses. I love all things Philosophy, so, I couldn't resist the purchase for such a small amount of money, so, I will definitely use this Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by itsmedrea1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this scent. It is a little citrus with a fresh air and slight "green" twist. It is definitely not pledge-like. It is not masculine. It is not floral in any way.

I purchased a set from Philosophy.com that came with a light blue train case/8 oz of the body wash in this scent/11 oz bubble bath/a great oil perfume roll-on/and a nice sample of an eye product ---all for only $25!!!! One of the best purchases I have ever made.

It is a lighter, close-to-the-body scent. I love the smell so much myself that I will sometimes put it on at bedtime for 'comfort'. BUT! when I get comments as I am walking by like "What is it that smells so good?" or "You smell so good!" and on and on.... it makes me love it even more. This scent definitely makes me happpy! I believe because I have the oil roll-on, it lasts longer than the spray.

My favorite and only other perfume is Fresh Sugar. I am on bottle #5 of it. It has a lot of citrus and light sweetness. Philosophy's The Fragrance is great to mix with it!

So now I wear 3 scents only: Fresh Sugar; Philosophy The Fragrance; or the 2 mixed.

I will be repurchasing and I hope that they come out with more layers of this fragrance!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't like. This smells like a man. This scent may work for others but I'll pass. I don't like anythng that smells anywhere near masculine.

Its nothing at all like the Grace lines (amazing, baby and pure). If you are aiming for something soft like those then you can pass on this one.