July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Brows - Ardell - Brow Perfection Stencils

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic idea. Makeup by Tiffany had done a you tube tutorial on brow stencils and me being lousy at drawing in my brows, decided I had to have these. This is a really nice set of stencils and the directions were easy to understand and I had no trouble at all using these except for wishing I had a third hand to hold the stencil at both ends while applying the brow powder. This comes with 4 different styles and I had fun trying them all out. I really wanted to love these stencils, but I must have a small face as I looked like I had caterpillars for eyebrows when I used these! These gave me the Frida Kahlo look. Well, I wanted brows.They are much too large for my eyes and and I learned after a while to use only half the width and not the the length either. This did give me a better guideline on how to draw in my own brows now and I don't even use these any more. I think if they had fit my actual brow better I would have loved this. It's too bad these aren't in different sizes as one size clearly does not fit all!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try these because my brows have no shape. I put it over my brow, but my brow and stencil didn't line up right! Sometimes I wish I had thicker brows that spread out, then again I don't have to clean them up that often! I give it 2 lippies because it's not a bad product, just better for people with extended, full brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these stencils! I use them two ways. First, I fill in my brows with these very dark, then pluck outside the lines and I get a perfect shape. Then, I can use them to fill in my brows on a daily basis. I have received countless compliments since I started using this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of these, but they proved to be difficult to work with when I noticed I was not going to get the proper brow dimension for my face. For some of the frames, my eyebrows were too short, too thin, and too thick. I tried all shapes, and had a friend of mine do them for me as well. The shapes were beautiful, but none looked good one me. I realized I'm one of those people whose brow line just needs trimming, not too much manipulation. I look horrible with too thin brows. Also, trying to do your eyebrows with the stencils and powder proved tough. Specially when your arch is significantly smaller in width and height of the arches in the stencils. It got annoying trying to fit my brow in them. I think these might me great for people with a lot of brow to work with though. And one that can work many of these looks. Again, might be because I have an oval shaped face, but I can't work too delicate or too thick brows. That area ends up overshadowing everything else. The only reason why I didn't give these a lower rating was because the idea itself is great, and there are probably some people out there that would rep the benefits of it. The idea of this product is great, I only wish the stencil squares were small so as not to poke my skin with it. I will not be buying this product again not because it is not good, but because I have no need for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a long time I tried to draw and fill my brows by freehand but I got tired of one brow looking perfect while the other one looked a little crazy. Since finding these stencils, the time I spend doing my brows has decreased and they always come out looking precise everytime. I use the Sally Girl's brow powder and my brows last all day. For most people, including me, you will probably end up using one stencil out of the four. I use the "Glamourous" stencil because it's closest to my natural eyebrow shape plus it's the thinnest out of them all. One improvement that Ardell could make is to offer thinner options because not everyone likes thick brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I initially tried these years ago and they were enormous and didn't work for me. Recently, I was looking for something similar and ended up spending ridiculous money on the Anastasia stencils and returned them because they were so awful I don't know where to begin. Thought I'd give the Ardell another shot a decade later lol after reading the reviews on here and was pleasantly surprised. They've clearly improved them. They are smaller and have a variety of shapes.. um..oh yeah and they're only like $5 !!! Compared to Anastasia's ginormous $25 ones that come in one awful "C" shape (incidentally, the word "Clown" starts with the letter C.. coincidence?), only in different thickness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by colombianaj93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutly love this product! So before i had plain eyebrows that just kinda had no shape to them at all, they were straight with a slight arc, but i was not happy with them and whenever i wanted to do something different to them on my own, I was scared that I'd mess up , or it would just turn out bad. So using these stencils really worked, i got a nice natural brow (i used Delicate) and then i finished it off with mac's brow set in mink!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sally38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After going to ULTA and having a look at the Anastasia $20 eyebrow stencils I decided that I was NOT going to spend that much money on plastic cutouts. I also remembered that once I had seen something like them in a drugstore before. I found them at CVS last night and I am very happy with them! My favorite is 'Delicate' as that's what works for me best and looks natural, but sometime I might try another! No this product won't be perfect on EVERYONE but most people will be able to find one stencil that works for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are a great find and purchase for me. I have sparse brows thanks to years of over plucking and living the 90's gothic thin eyebrow trend & lifestyle, so I'm always on the look out for items to make my daily eyebrow routine easier, quicker, but deliver natural looking results.
These stencils completely fit that bill. Having a large face and very sparse brows which allows me to actually use three out of the four stencils provided (delicate, elegant, and glamorous, but the classic doesn't work for me). I get precise and quick results each time and are so simple to use. I did trim the stencils to allow easier usage, thanks for the tip MUA! I like these stencils and have been using them daily, plus they are durable and washable. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I absolutely love these stencils, but I could see how someone might get frustrated using these incorrectly. I bought them because my eyebrows are shaped differently, one has an arch that is slightly more round, the other more arched and the left is slightly higher than the right. You can't really tell by looking at me, but I noticed how my face was a little 'off' in photographs, and finally pinpointed the problem: eyebrows!
I have a whole method for these!
I start out with a good trim. All the plucking in the world will lead to messy brows if the hairs are the wrong length. I comb all the hairs up towards my hairline, and holding them up with one finger, I snip about 2-3 millimeters off the stragglers, all the way across on every part of the brow. Next, I comb all the hairs down ward and do the same thing. The result is a set of eyebrows with rather tame hair lengths. Over trimming will lead to patchiness- the trick is to do this often, every week or two, the maintenance is well worth it. Step two: I find the stencil where the arch matches mine the best. That means the majority of my hair will fall inside the stencil when I lay it over the brow- don't pick a stencil that looks nice but is far from reality! Mine happened to be 'Elegant'. I took a sharpened white eye liner, and shaded the entire open area directly onto my eyebrow. To get nice clean edges, I made sure to draw from the edge of the stencil inwards into the hairs. At this point, it helps to have a friend check to make sure that both the brows are level and spaced equally apart from your nose. Then finally, plucking! I plucked all the hairs that weren't covered completely in white. Hairs that were semi covered- most of the follicle, just the ends sticking out- I took the small scissors and trimmed off the uncolored part. It sounds awfully complicated, but it's not once you get the hang of it. I'm now pleased to say that with these stencils, a pair of nice tweezers and small scissors, I now have very even, nice eyebrows that I only have to set with wax in the morning.
Oh- another plus! These stencils are plastic, they clean easily- just wipe them down with makeup remover. Some of the other ones are cardboard and get soggy when wet/stain.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No