October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Oh you. You wonderful product you. Snuck into my life and then out again without a trace. I seriously had no idea what I had until it was gone. I randomly picked this up at shoppers drug mart last summer, and it was absolutely amazing, until I could never find it.. ever again.

It's a great mousse foundation, super smooth and lovely, natural finish, decent coverage. I miss it terribly. I might order it online or something because I really want to experience the magic again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aryana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so sad when I could no longer find this foundation in Target stores. I ordered a bunch of back-up jars online from drugstore.com in my shade, Blonde, and still have 3 jars. I was still super bummed that I'd need to find a new foundation once those jars run out though, as I have not found anything that compares. I find this to be extremely full coverage while still looking super natural. Somehow it works for my dry skin even though it is meant for oily skin types. I set it with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and it lasts better than any foundation. I have not even found a foundation in the market here in the US that has a similar texture. Sure there are plenty of "mousse" foundations but most of them are creamier and don't have the unique dry, fluffy mousse texture of this one that just seems to work so well.

ANYWAY, long story short, I came here to share the joyous news that THIS FOUNDATION IS AVAILABLE AGAIN!!!!!! It is now called No7 MATTE MOUSSE FOUNDATION and while I haven't seen it in Target, you can buy it online as I just did at drugstore.com or from the Boots website! Same exact ingredients, same product, same spatula included. There are only 3 shades available now though - Wheat, Ivory, and Beige. Hoping one is a match for me - my old shade, Blonde, is just perfect. I ordered all 3 since I can return with their color-match guarantee... so I will update to let you know how that goes for me and perhaps share swatches! Really hope one of the shades is a good match. I am not looking forward to running out of my last 3 jars of Blonde otherwise >_<

The new packaging seems to be in line with Boots' re-vamp of the rest of their line of products, and the new jar for this foundation is just a basic round jar - the top opening is as wide as the jar itself, which is an improvement over the old shape of the jar as pictured here on MUA! I did like how classy and almost Chanel-like the old jar looked... but if you've owned it, you know the shape made it a bit of a pain to get product out from all the crevices when you're running low. With the new jar that won't be a problem :)

UPDATE: Unfortunately all of the 3 available shades are COOL. If your skin is not cool/pink-toned, they will not work for you. How disappointing! Cool ladies can often get away with wearing yellow-toned makeup, it is usually color correcting for them, but the rest of us can't get away with cool/pink tones. Ugh. I hope they expand to accommodate more than one skin tone!!! The shades available are Cool Ivory, Cool beige, and Wheat.

UPDATE UPDATE JUNE 2014: I saw this in the Boots section of my local Super Walgreens with the extended beauty department. Still only the 3 cool shades I previously mentioned, but FYI, it seems to be available at Super Walgreens locations now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by thetammyest

My favorite thing about this foundation is that it is very easy to build on, you can use it as a concealer if you keep apply more. It didn't make me break out (most products don't) and it did a good job covering my acne, I never used a concealer with this, I would just double up on trouble spots. I don't think I used a powder either. Pretty heavy stuff. I would apply with a beauty blender.
    The packaging is very pretty although once you use about half of it, it gets hard to scoop out.
    The reason I stopped using this foundation is because it started to smell REALLY bad. Maybe i just never noticed it before. I don't know how long my mom had it until I took it from her, but I had it for maybe 4 months.
    It really smelled bad. Really bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation quite a bit. It has a souffle like texture and goes on smooth. It feels sllky smooth going on and I think its great for normal, combination or oily skin. Although it has a smooth consistency, it is not oily or shiny at all. I don't wear powder over this, and I rarely need to touch up with powder during the day. Color selection is limited unfortunately, but the shade I have has a bit of a yellowish tint, which is great for cancelling out redness or discoloration. I find that if applied in the morning, by late afternoon, I have no foundation left. It seems to disappear entirely, but while its still there, it looks pretty good. There is no scent to this, and nothing that I find irritating. I am not a fan of the packaging however, mainly because the opening of the jar is small, so it gets harder to access the product as you use up the contents. There is a small spatula that comes with this, which makes it easier to scoop out contents from a jar that's being emptied, but its easy to lose, as its loose and could end up anywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by TheAmyNicole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gross. Cadaverous color and zombie like finish. By that I mean gray and matte. I have virtually no lines on my face, yet this somehow manages to make me look OLD. If you can still get this product I recommend you skip it unless you have skin so oily that you resemble a walking oil slick. It is drying. Bad news.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Makeitup5280

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WAY DID THEY STOP MAKING IT!!!! I love this stuff it's light naiver oily. and worked great on hot day to. I will miss it a lot :( super sad face

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

This is my favorite drug store foundation. It blends beautifully, lasts all day, controls oil & doesn't change colors later on in the day. This is a good foundation for someone with oily skin or for someone who is thrifty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ibeforee

I am heartbroken that this was discontinued at the Target Boots section in the US. This was my favorite foundation. You need the TINIEST AMOUNT to cover your face and it glides on so smooth! Covers blemishes and redness like no other, wonderful coverage while not looking cakey. Only bad part was the shades, there are only like 4 and I had to mix two to get my perfect shade but I didn't mind because it was worth every penny. I hope I can find it online somewhere and if not my face will never be the same :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lovelybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. My skin is super oily, I wear this everyday,feels light on my skin. I even get asked a lot about my makeup. I still get oily throughout the day, but not too bad. I think this foundation is best for people with oily skin. It tends to get patchy on anyone with dry skin. I will def be purchasing this foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by alliecobos4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe a lot of people don't give this product enough credit. It covers so nicely and you can build your coverage. i was a concealer queen before i found this foundation and now i don't use any. I was grateful enough to find my exact match but the foundation is really blendable. as long as you use a primer and a finishing primer. it works heavenly. it also controls my oil more than anything else on the market. yes i still get oily but not until later in the day.