La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/29/2015 9:19:00 PM

for the price you pay for this product you should be able to see instant gratification , just a little to thick of a moisturizer

on 7/22/2015 11:36:00 PM

Definitely not worth the price..... It has a nice smell and it not horrible, but I honestly believe you could buy something that works better at the local drugstore. Also, it's INCREDIBLY thick and heavy. It sits on top of your skin forever. Has a waxy feel to it.
It'd probably be best suited to use during the Winter for extremely dry skin.
The price is the reason I could never recommend this to anyone. This feels like $10-20 jar of creme for $100.

on 7/18/2015 11:54:00 AM

thank goodness i receiced this as a gift. was not a miracle product. it was thick and hard in the jar and iused my finger tips to soften the product. it was hard to spread, perhaps mine was a 'dud'. felt like sorbolene cream + nivea moisturiser. Not worth the hype and one lippie because of the price! will not repurchase.

on 7/1/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

PROS: This is a great moisturizer/barrier cream. It's soothing, non-greasy, sinks in nicely and packs a great punch in terms of hydration. I also found it to heal the occasional spot or red patch rather than causing them. I'm on prescription tretinoin/konjic acid, and this helps mitigate irritation and dryness.

CONS: It is NOT a miracle product, it won't erase wrinkles and cure the entire spectrum of skin issues, and I don't feel it's worth the inflated price. EL's marketing claims are unfounded and sketchy. The backstory is dubious at best, and the fancy jar packaging plays to the senses and the gratification that comes from luxury, but it's impractical.

I use it as a hydrating night cream right after I've applied my face oils, which are my primary moisturizers. I'm happy with La Mer's performance in that respect. I'm getting older and need a night cream with some oomph to hydrate and prevent overnight moisture loss.
Previously I was using Nivea (Mexico). They are similar but not the same. Nivea emulsifies and spreads easier, but is greasier by far and takes longer to absorb. I got a few under-skin pimples while using Nivea. The La Mer is a pain to apply on dry skin, but sinks in fast, is not greasy and didn't clog my pores. I slather this on over a layer of oil and still not one pimple.

I am sure there are cheaper alternatives that work just as well. I wouldn't waste my beauty budget on just this. But if you can afford it, try it. At the rate I'm going, the 15ml will last me 6 months for 85$. I added a photo of that size with some items for scale. UPDATE: Seems La Mer is no longer offering the 15mL size for 85$ on their site. Just went to re-order and its gone. What shite. The 15mL was perfect for those looking to try or who didn't want to spend on the 1 oz size. Also noticed they've raised the price since I ordered 3 mos ago. Shite, I tell ya.

on 5/28/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so excited to purchase this product because of all the rave reviews and because I see a lot of famous people using it. But I was disappointed when I used it. My skin got all flaky and irritated. I thought it was just a passing thing. So I would use it alternately with other moisturizing products. But I would still get the same results each time I would use it. For the price that I paid, it is definitely not worth it. I ended up using it mostly on my neck and chest as these areas are less sensitive compared to my face.

on 5/7/2015 2:54:00 PM

So, after reading and hearing how some of my friends think this stuff is the best thing since sliced bread, I decided to buy the smallest, cheapest jar of the stuff.
Yes, it hydrates. But to me, not any better than my argon oil that is 10% of the cost for twice as much product.
I do think it is helping a new scar I have over my eye from stitches I got a couple months ago look better. So its good for that.
I'm not sure I'll get this stuff again. I do think its better for people with problem skin. I don't have much in the way of problems, just want something to make me look younger. For me, this isn't quite the product.

on 5/5/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I hate the price, but this product is the only one my skin loves. I have very reactive, acne-prone skin. I can find moisturizers that hydrate my skin, but they normally clog my pores, cause irritation, or acne. La Mer calms, soothes, hydrates, HEALS, & repairs my skin. It even heals acne that won't go away (I'm not sure how, but it does!) For several months, I've been trying different moisturizer brands, & my skin is a mess. I now have a couple of zits that just want to live on my face forever. La Mer to the rescue. In 2 days, my skin looks & feels so much better. It's healing, repairing, & looks more dewey & radiant. I'll have to buy another jar of La Mer (waaaaa!) But, I think if I apply it only at night, the 1 oz. jar will last me 5-6 months. So, in the long run, I may be spending about the same money. Currently, I'm constantly buying new products trying to find THE ONE. That's very expensive, & it doesn't work for me. I give up- La mer is THE ONE!

on 5/2/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it. I've used other brands that have provided more moisture, but this is the only one that made my skin look better

on 4/16/2015 7:38:00 AM

This moisturizing cream is over hyped. It not better than other moisturizers. For the how expensive it is it contains chemical byproducts, minerals oil, silicone,other chemical and irritants. The brand Nivea Uk and Asia version has a face cream that is $ the $$$ price that is a close dupe in ingredients to this cream. Some times more expensive doesn't mean works better is the ingredients and how your skin reacts to the product.
Just some side facts mineral oil(paraffinum liquidum), petrolatum and paraffin are basic cheap ingredients that are in most drug store and high end moisturizers. These ingredients are byproducts derived from petroleum which is a from of gasoline. They have same origins in fossils fuels. How these ingredients works is by locking moisture in the skin, mineral oil and silicons sits on the skinís surface like plastic rap and can potentially block pores. Your outer skin does eliminate toxins, sweat, and oil and absorbs moisture from the air. By blocking the pores it doesn't allow any oil, sweat or toxin to come out so it trapped underneath the skin which can cause clogged pores even breakouts

on 4/11/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm shocked that people don't love La Mer. While I have extremely dry, fair skin, this product might not be for everyone who doesn't,

I love the way my skin looks and feels after applying Creme de la mer moisturizer. My skin glows and is hydrated beyond what I had in high school.

I fly a lot and new this is what the celebrities use when they fly and finally spent the money to try it. So worth it. Plus it smells incredible.

I am still on my first jar as I use it sparingly given the cost, but when I am extremely dry or am traveling, this is my go-to product. I only wish I could find something this good that wasn't quite as expensive.

Popular Moisturizers