April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Superlustrous - Certainly Red

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a screaming vibrant red! Its creamy, not to glossy but not matte either. Not too orange or pink. It's extremely vibrant, so if this is your first venture into red lips this might not be the one for you :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW!! With Vanlentine's Day coming up, I wanted a true red lippie and this fits the bill perfectly! True, classic, red and shows up beautifully on the lip. Worn without balm, the red is rich, and very pigmented. Feels great on the lips and leaves a stain when color wears off. Over balm, it's a sheer candy apple red. Applies evenly straight from the tube. Great formula - LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

lovely true red very richly pigmented. goes great with Revlon red nail polish. formula is perfection smooth creamy and non drying. will absolutely purchase again. I plan to always keep this shade in my arsenal of reds.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Classic, deep red that makes my super yellow, sallow skin look brighter. I love it so much--I have tons of red lipsticks but this one is the one I find most flattering on me. Not many lipsticks look good on my face without some makeup on but this lipstick does just that.

Glides on nicely, covers my lips in a single swipe with insane pigmentation, great price, stains lips, no funny smell, what's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Perfect red for me! I am cool toned and very light, NW20 mostly, winter more NW15. This is a very cool red which I love and looks very flattering on my skin. It will only pull bright pink or magenta as others have experienced because you need lipliner. Using liner I have never had this issue with any reds. I have had this issue in the past with ANY reds, even high end without liner.
This is a midtone red, not too bright and not too dark. Its perfect and for once I am actually very happy with a red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by shinghyphenchu

Bought this at Ulta after reading reviews and OMG. BEST RED LIPSTICK EVER! As a blue toned Asian, I have problems finding red lipsticks that won't look orangey on me. This makes my teeth look super white and my lips bombshell red. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jadietnguyen

Got this in a BOGO dead at CVS and this color is so red!! Better than Mac makeup. It is the perfect red color for fair skin. You should try applying this with a lip brush instead of straight from the stick cause it might get a bit messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading through the reviews, I find that I am among folks who happily find that Certainly Red certainly is true red.

I had previously gotten another shade of Super Lustrous lipstick line, and was extremely impressed with the quality, though the color I hoped to be red turned out to be more pink (Cherry Blossom). Upon applying Certainly Red, it also looks pink on my lips, but that goes away once the lipstick is more layered on. I posted a pic of me wearing it in a green top, in a natural light.

Certainly Red is a beautiful, bright red color that is juicy and fresh on cool-toned skin. I haven't worn lipstick in several years, particularly red, yet it only took me a day to get used to it, and I get wonderful compliments.

This lipstick has a great pigment, and looks chic as both subdue stain and full-on bold. It is very creamy and moisturizing, and stays on very well with drinking and light kissing. I love it so much, I sometimes will wear it at home...

Overall, I am very happy with this product and would certainly recommend this shade to anyone looking for a fun and classy red lipstick!

*** *** ***
11/10/13: I enjoy this red lipstick very, very much, and am using it at least a few times a week. That makes it particularly sad for me to say that, due to my recent discovery of Revlon testing on animals, I will not be repurchasing from them until they move away from such practices. I hope to find a safe alternative that will offer just as nice red lip color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Certainly Red is great! Flattering and a blue toned red that isn't too cool toned, does not turn fuchsia and isn't too dark or too bright. This color and the sadly discontinued Scarlet Velvet and the Matte one called Really Red are more flattering on me than Love That Red.

But Certainly Red is mostly opaque but could stand to be a bit more opaque though and also it's a bit creamy or shiny as if it would come off in minutes of drinking something. But all in all Certainly Red is pretty on and flattering not neon and weird. I'm an MAC NC45, Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and Fashion Fair Butterscotch.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by cassia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this is a beautiful, rich, true red on me. Very classic, great for an otherwise bare face with a bit of eyeliner and mascara. I am on the cool side of neutral, and this does not appear at all pink or fuchsia on me. Very flattering to the skin, and with a smooth texture...I really think the Super Lustorus are some of the best lipsticks on the market. Love it!