Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Certainly Red 740

3.9

on 6/16/2015 1:03:00 PM

In the old packaging with the bigger gold band, I remember Certainly Red being more of a true, cherry red with blue undertones and with a glossy finish but I can matte it down without any problems whether with powder or blotting with tissues. I bought it again but with the new packaging a year ago (smaller gold band), and the color looks brighter, more pink than I remember and still glossy but when I tried to matte it down, I get clumps. Thus I can only wear this new one as it is. I don't know if they changed the formula or altered the color too but I certainly see a difference in this red. Thus I wouldn't buy it again for that reason. I hope I finish this thing quickly.

on 12/17/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It's a beautiful true red color and it has a neutral undertone. It applies very easily and lasts me all day! LOVE IT!

on 7/6/2014 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this lipstick to replace my beloved and now discontinued "Really Red" matte. This is a creme rather than a matte finish, which is fine since I prefer the more moisturizing formula. However, this is also not actually red, at least on me. I'm pale--I can wear either an NC or NW 15 in MAC--with dark eyes and warmed up hair, and this pulls very pink, wearing like a raspberry rather than a red. As mentioned above, I do like the formula. It's forgiving and doesn't dry out my lips. It also wears very well, lasting for quite a bit before fading evenly and leaving a nicely stained appearance. I actually find myself reaching for it more than I'd expect, but it isn't what I thought I was buying and I wouldn't repurchase this color again. That said, I'm keeping the high rating since I'm sure this is perfect on someone else.

on 6/22/2014 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This lipstick is very smooth, moisturising, and pigmented. It shows up as a gorgeous blue-based red on my pale, yellow-toned skin (think NC 10-15). I have eczema on my lips due to allergies and this just glides right over it like butter, without catching or emphasizing any flakes. One coat is all I need for a full, bright red. Highly recommend.

on 6/22/2014 8:09:00 PM

Very pigmented and stayed on for a very long time! It's not that drying and its the perfect classic red lipstick for events and parties.

on 5/12/2014 5:44:00 AM

This is one of my favorite red lipsticks. (And I have A LOT!) I hated the pinkness of it at first swipe but layered on, the trueness of the red can be seen, no more pink. I don't know why but this lipstick makes me look more youthful. It's not too bright but it can gain you your most deserved attention. It's head turning because it's beautiful. Texture-wise, it's creamy, opaque and non drying to my lips. I don't have any problem with this. And because my honey gave this to me as a gift, it holds a special place in my heart. ;)

To all red lipstick lovers who never tried this before, PLEASE DO!

This is a screaming vibrant red! Its creamy, not to glossy but not matte either. Not too orange or pink. It's extremely vibrant, so if this is your first venture into red lips this might not be the one for you :)

on 2/12/2014 1:59:00 PM

WOW!! With Vanlentine's Day coming up, I wanted a true red lippie and this fits the bill perfectly! True, classic, red and shows up beautifully on the lip. Worn without balm, the red is rich, and very pigmented. Feels great on the lips and leaves a stain when color wears off. Over balm, it's a sheer candy apple red. Applies evenly straight from the tube. Great formula - LOVE IT!

on 2/12/2014 4:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

lovely true red very richly pigmented. goes great with Revlon red nail polish. formula is perfection smooth creamy and non drying. will absolutely purchase again. I plan to always keep this shade in my arsenal of reds.

on 2/8/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Classic, deep red that makes my super yellow, sallow skin look brighter. I love it so much--I have tons of red lipsticks but this one is the one I find most flattering on me. Not many lipsticks look good on my face without some makeup on but this lipstick does just that.

Glides on nicely, covers my lips in a single swipe with insane pigmentation, great price, stains lips, no funny smell, what's not to love?

Popular Lipsticks