September 2, 2014 | 1191 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Certainly Red 740

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick to replace my beloved and now discontinued "Really Red" matte. This is a creme rather than a matte finish, which is fine since I prefer the more moisturizing formula. However, this is also not actually red, at least on me. I'm pale--I can wear either an NC or NW 15 in MAC--with dark eyes and warmed up hair, and this pulls very pink, wearing like a raspberry rather than a red. As mentioned above, I do like the formula. It's forgiving and doesn't dry out my lips. It also wears very well, lasting for quite a bit before fading evenly and leaving a nicely stained appearance. I actually find myself reaching for it more than I'd expect, but it isn't what I thought I was buying and I wouldn't repurchase this color again. That said, I'm keeping the high rating since I'm sure this is perfect on someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by AppleSeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is very smooth, moisturising, and pigmented. It shows up as a gorgeous blue-based red on my pale, yellow-toned skin (think NC 10-15). I have eczema on my lips due to allergies and this just glides right over it like butter, without catching or emphasizing any flakes. One coat is all I need for a full, bright red. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by spooji

Very pigmented and stayed on for a very long time! It's not that drying and its the perfect classic red lipstick for events and parties.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

This is one of my favorite red lipsticks. (And I have A LOT!) I hated the pinkness of it at first swipe but layered on, the trueness of the red can be seen, no more pink. I don't know why but this lipstick makes me look more youthful. It's not too bright but it can gain you your most deserved attention. It's head turning because it's beautiful. Texture-wise, it's creamy, opaque and non drying to my lips. I don't have any problem with this. And because my honey gave this to me as a gift, it holds a special place in my heart. ;)

To all red lipstick lovers who never tried this before, PLEASE DO!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a screaming vibrant red! Its creamy, not to glossy but not matte either. Not too orange or pink. It's extremely vibrant, so if this is your first venture into red lips this might not be the one for you :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW!! With Vanlentine's Day coming up, I wanted a true red lippie and this fits the bill perfectly! True, classic, red and shows up beautifully on the lip. Worn without balm, the red is rich, and very pigmented. Feels great on the lips and leaves a stain when color wears off. Over balm, it's a sheer candy apple red. Applies evenly straight from the tube. Great formula - LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

lovely true red very richly pigmented. goes great with Revlon red nail polish. formula is perfection smooth creamy and non drying. will absolutely purchase again. I plan to always keep this shade in my arsenal of reds.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Classic, deep red that makes my super yellow, sallow skin look brighter. I love it so much--I have tons of red lipsticks but this one is the one I find most flattering on me. Not many lipsticks look good on my face without some makeup on but this lipstick does just that.

Glides on nicely, covers my lips in a single swipe with insane pigmentation, great price, stains lips, no funny smell, what's not to love?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Perfect red for me! I am cool toned and very light, NW20 mostly, winter more NW15. This is a very cool red which I love and looks very flattering on my skin. It will only pull bright pink or magenta as others have experienced because you need lipliner. Using liner I have never had this issue with any reds. I have had this issue in the past with ANY reds, even high end without liner.
This is a midtone red, not too bright and not too dark. Its perfect and for once I am actually very happy with a red.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by shinghyphenchu

Bought this at Ulta after reading reviews and OMG. BEST RED LIPSTICK EVER! As a blue toned Asian, I have problems finding red lipsticks that won't look orangey on me. This makes my teeth look super white and my lips bombshell red. Love it.