March 1, 2015 | 698 users online

Moisturizers - Derma E - Derma E Scar Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2015 8:40:00 AM More reviews by totoro21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this derma e scar gel for slightly over a week now and I can say i'm quite impressed by the results.

I have used this on 3 spots - few weeks old darkened flat pimple scars on my forehead (the size of a coin); a decade old raised white stretchmarks on the back of my upper arms (they resemble zebra stripes except they are raised); a few 6 months old incision, flat reddish scars left from my ELVT surgery (funny how my surgeon promised no scarring)

I noticed this scar gel works better on flat scars, in matter of a few days I already noticed my pimple scars and reddish incision scars fading noticeably by a few shades. In fact one of my incision scars is close to fading off to the point of nothingness.

Definitely, I find my lazy self reaching out for Derma E scar gel more than the other scar removal products (such as vit e oil) and in comparison i'm definitely more inclined and persistent with Derma E as it does not leave an oily film.
However, the tub packaging is a total turn-off. I've read that the anti-oxidants in Derma E scar gel require minimal air contact to keep product fresh. I hope to hurry and finish the product while it is still fresh for optimal results.

Overall, its not a product that will produce miracles. I hope to try out more scar removal products for my raised stretchmarks.
Edit: I like to add that i'm the laziest person alive so I apply this with minimal massage once a day after a shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product twice with no success either time. I applied it daily and rubbed it in for 30 seconds and after over two months of use there is not improvement in a newly formed scar. Product is non-irritating.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by erag0126

I just started using this product two days ago, and having read some inspiring reviews, I really hope it works on my acne scars. I've been dealing with acne since middle school and now deal with nasty scaring. So far I'm please with the product. I will update the review as I use it over time and see/don't see results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by snderosi

I have been using this product for almost two weeks now. Only once a day at night before I go to bed. I recently just started using this in the morning before I put my make up on. I have some hyper pigmentation from acne scarring. This is a great product for it. This isn't greasy and doesn't leave the skin shiny. I recommend taking the product out with a Q-tip so that there's no cross contamination. Then once you do that apply it to the area then rub in with your fingers. I haven't broken out either and my skin is sensitive to new products. If anything, this product helps my acne stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Yogigirl6187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product for my face to help diminish dark acne spots from years of breaking out and picking at my skin. I only used it for a week and swear I thought I was already seeing some improvement, but I had to stop because it caused me to break out terribly, especially in my cheek area which is the main area I needed treated. I am going to continue using this on a scar on my leg that I just got from a skin biopsy and see how it works for that since I have this jar that will now last forever. This stuff absorbs into the skin so well, non-sticky, and smells nice. I would recommend anyone to try this out and see how you react. It's an amazing price, much better than Mederma.

*Update- been using about twice a day on the scar on my leg. haven't used it for long but i see absolutely no improvement yet. will keep trying and update in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by britie27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a miracle worker! I have extremely acne prone skin with horrible hormonal acne. I started using this to get rid of acne scars and it actually cleared my skin up to about 90% clear! My skin hasn't been this clear in over a year! I've been using it for just about a month and my skin is starting to slowly look better, it's not an overnight miracle it definitely takes time. I would highly recommend this product. Compared to Mederma the price is lower and it doesn't have parabens and other nasty chemicals. I use this morning and night. I typically wash my face with a mild cleanser then tone with a mixture of witch hazel and tea tree oil and then in the morning I use clean & clear dual action moisturizer but at night I use acne.org benzoyl peroxide I then wait for 5-10 minutes at the least before I apply the Derma e scar gel so that everything else has been absorbed into my skin. After applying the Derma e scar gel in the morning I wait at least another 5-10 mins before applying my mineral makeup so that it has time to absorb.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by MisseyKay26

Let me begin by saying I first tried Mederma and it made my face itch really bad, I couldn't leave it on without irritating my the skin on my face. Derma E was not irritating and was really pleasant to use.

This isn't a quick scar fix but in the 3 months that I've been using this product I have noticed a difference in my skin's texture and my past acne scars seem to be really smoothing out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by honeygirl6978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is day 4 and I think that I see a small difference. My face seems more vibrant and even and it seems like the acne scars are reducing in redness and swelling!! Will keep using the gel for now!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by megdav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been using this product as directed for about a week now and can already see results. I had my son Jack two months ago and my stretch marks (which were purple/red in color) have already faded a lot! I'm excited to continue using this product and see what the results will be. the jar has a lot in it so I don't see myself running out anytime soon. It feels good on my skin and the fragrance is also pleasant. I would recommend using Derma E scar gel to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by OliviaRoseNelson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product contains onion extract which is supposed to be good at treating scarring and antiaging. This product doesn't necessarily get rid of my acne scars but since using it I have noticed it makes my skin appear to be more even and smooth. I have been on and off with this product becuse I was unsure about the effectiveness and whether it was worth re-purchasing but after using it again I noticed that it did have impact on my skin. This isn't a miracle acne scar fix and is only a temporary solution but If you continue using this for months one end you will notice a differnce in skin texture. However if you don't use this for a long period of time and only judge it in the first weak you will not see the potential results. I also find that this product does not clog my pores or cause me any additional out-breaks.
I do recomend this product but for me it's not a holy grail.