Ulta Organza

4.5

on 9/21/2013 3:03:00 PM

This product is just so-so. This is just another Ulta-brand product that is kind of helping me to form my overall opinion of the brand. The color looks great in the pan, very dusty-mauve with a shimmer, nothing too wild or extravagant. However the consistency of the product is awful, I practically have to dig at the eyeshadow with the brush just so some color will be imparted on the brush, and then of course I have to do this numerous times just to get the desired effect on my eyelids. It's a pain, and not really worth it. I wouldn't recommend this.

on 8/19/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just used Ulta's "Organza" eye shadow as a blusher and like it even better! It's subtle heather shimmer as an eye shadow, dusky mauve as a blusher.

on 9/15/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am in love with this color! As previously stated, it is a light taupe-mauve. The amount of shimmer is just right, not too obnoxious. I would almost say that it is more metallic than shimmery. This color is kind of like a neutral with a bit of a twist. I think many different types of people could pull it off. It looks great with my blue eyes, and I'll bet it would be stunning on those with brown, hazel, or green eyes too! It is just so lovely. Paired with Ulta's Plum Smoke eyeshadow is my new favorite eye look.
As usual with Ulta's eyeshadows, I find that I get a lot more color to show when I apply it with a damp makeup brush and use either a primer or a base like the NYX Milk jumbo eye pencil blended across the lid. It lasts all day with no creasing.

on 3/30/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this color a lot. Looks really good with a smokey eye or a cat eye (like pin up makeup) for the crease area. Super shimmery but I like it. It doesn't blend super well for me.. but that could just be me. I'm still learning and most things don't blend nicely for me.

on 12/9/2010 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought every Ulta eye shadow that looked even vaguely taupe on their website during a bogo sale. The way the colors show up on the website is very misleading! I ended up with some colors I really love and some that I really don't think will work on me. In hopes of helping others avoid purchasing shades they can't use, I'm summarizing them here. I also have a picture in my profile.

Organza - light shimmery shade with hints of lavender
Sandstone - light shimmery pinkish brown - identical to Revlonís Nude Slip - a good base color.
Mystique - My favorite out of all of these! A true medium taupe, great for the crease. It is also shimmery.
Plum Smoke - My second favorite. This is another shimmery medium taupe, but with plummy undertones. Another good crease color. A perfect dupe for Elizabeth Arden's buff which I loved and is now discontinued.
Gold Dust - Quite dark, given the name! There is nothing gold about it -- one of the least shimmery out of the bunch. However, it is a great neutral taupe color, excellent for lining. I am quite fond of this one!
Chestnut - This has the least shimmer of them all. It is also one of my least favorite. It is a reddish brown color and just doesn't look good on me.
Mesmerize - This color looks nothing like it looks in the pan! It is quite shimmery and quite red! Many reviewers mention this, but I didn't believe them -- well, believe it! This is my absolute least favorite.

The quality of these shadows is excellent! They are very smooth with little fallout. The color payoff is very good and they are long lasting. I do not have a problem with the hard coating on top that some reviewers mention, even though these are the new shadows with the word Ulta imprinted on the shadow. The price ($7.00) is cheap, especially with the bogo deal ($3.50). Overall, I highly recommend these shadows and the colors are dependent on your personal preference.

on 11/24/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful mauve-taupe color with a hint of sheen. I often use it as an all-over lid color, with either a darker gray or brown in the crease. Ulta eyeshadows have been hit or miss for me, most of them I've found don't have much pigment, but this is one of my go-to shadows. Great for brown eyes!

This is a BEAUTIFUL mauve/burgundy color with a slight sheen that makes brown eyes pop. I love the way this looks! I got it in a quad with silk, twilight, and gunmetal. I love all the colors in there, so I would def reccomend picking up this super smooth color!

on 3/5/2010 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Organza is a soft lilac-looking color. It's extremely light and very neutral. It barely shows up on me and I'm very fair-complected. It's very easy to blend and wears well. IMO, this is more of a church/job interview/conservative/subdued/day-of-running-errands kind of color. I will wear it as a compliment to other Ulta shades and use it up, but at this point in time, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Too plain for me.

on 1/30/2010 3:51:00 PM

This is a gorgeous mauve shade that is the perfect neutral for any look. It has just the tiniest hint of shimmer and blends easily with other shadows. I will defineitly repurchase when this is used up. As with their other eyeshadows, Ulta shadows last all day with no creasing, which I have yet to find with other brands, except for Smashbox.

I randomly picked this off a swap list, and man, am I glad I did. This color is amazing. I love wearing it all over my lid, especially over a brown base to make it really pop. It's shimmery without being too shimmery and just the right amount of purple shows up without it being too much.

Top Rated Ulta Products