July 28, 2014 | 1230 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Aveeno Diaper Rash Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by anasofie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome product ! And btw,I am sooo happy I am not the only one who uses diaper rash cream as a sunscreen substitute ! I highly recommend it, especially since the mineral ingredients are exactly the same. And much cheaper than buying sunscreen and diaper rash cream separately....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The base for my cheap, homemade sunscreen! I admit, that I actually use BabyGanic (also available at Walgreens with a 13% Zinc, but is cruelty free and without parabens), but this is pretty darn close to the stuff I use. I live in Hawaii, so one does get sticky, icky, irritated, and sunburned quite easily. Especially if you're prone to it like I am. I have gotten the worst rashes in my underarms and sometimes around the "area" because of the environment. I apply diaper rash cream after my nightly shower to these areas and it helps to keep the irritation down.

I also use diaper rash cream as part of my homemade sunscreen. Many of the surfer's here make their own sunscreen and I decided to make up my own recipe. It consists of:
1/4 cup Diaper Rash Cream
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Cocoa Butter
1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Beeswax
I put them all in a ceramic bowl that's set in some boiling water and melt all the ingredients together. I like a shine on my skin at the beach and this gives me that "glow" even though it fades a bit half an hour after applying. I've never gotten burned using this and I like it because it's all physical block instead of chemical since I'm allergic to most chemical sunscreens. It's not waterproof in the typical sense. But the beeswax makes it more water resistance. You should be reapplying any sunscreen every 3-4 hours anyways, so reapply after a swim wasn't a bit deal for me.

All in all, diaper rash cream is a great hidden beauty product that I will keep using for a long time to come. Love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by monicameowmeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is fantastic for red irratated skin and is very calming. it also gets rid of zits super fast i love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by imissdusty

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has helped my rosacea like nothing else. It's 14% zinc oxide and I use it on my face as a sunblock. It does contain mineral oil and dimethicone which both don't bother my skin. It does have oatmeal in it, which along with the zinc oxide really reduces my rosacea redness on a daily basis. I'm sure people think I'm nuts for using this on my face, but it really works. I'm not giving it up!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very good for preventing rashes. No strong scent (actually, I don't think there is any scent.)

CONS: Can separate over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspice101

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this thick paste -like cream on the 'hot spots' from eczema. This creates a thick barrier so irritants cant flare up my skin.I find it soothing,nuetral and smells nice.A keeper....Iam sure it would be great on a babies bottom.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by olga_thes

I use this cream after I shave my legs-my skin is super sensitive- and it has never let me down! In the past, I used aloe vera gel after shaving, but now, I must admit this diaper rash cream works better! I usually shave my legs in the night and go to bed so the next morning my legs look perfect!I sometimes use the cream on my face too.No pimples on my face since i started using this product...it's wonderful and multipurpose...i simply love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I use diaper rash cream fro my Perioral Dermatitis, which dermatologists believe is a type of Rosacea. As recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology, I avoid Paraffin (mineral oil), Petrolatum, SLS, Isopropyl Myristate, Cinnamon flavouring, Fluoride & Tartar control ingredients in toothpaste. I use Diaper Rash Cream but mine doesn't have mineral oil like this one has. I use Method Baby Diaper Cream and I would advise anyone here to seek it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by veronicakeith

Out of the blue I began to experience severe itching on my legs. When it first started I just assumed that I had been shaving too close, or needed to use less scalding water in the shower ( I like hot showers). There were nights when my itching legs would keep me up at night. My husband thought I was crazy, I guess. There was no visible rash, but I was miserable. I tried hydrocortisone cream, and it absolutely did not help at all. I bought a big bottle of Gold Bond Triple Itch Relief Lotion. It felt and smelled like I was rubbing Icy Hot on my legs, but it mainly distracted me from the itching for a little while. I was at the end of my rope when I decided to try this diaper rash cream. And voila! The itching immediately stopped! I've also started using Aveeno's theraputing shaving cream. This stuff is so soothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This creme has been a godsend for chafing of any kind, in any place (even my face!). I find it to be gentle, yet effective--just one application is usually all I need.

Even though I feel stupid carrying around a tube of diaper rash cream, the results are definitely worth it!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!