October 1, 2014 | 1599 users online

Skincare - Face - Tazorac

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Nayaabk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this product. Definitely takes 12 weeks to work so be patient and only use a dime size. My skin is combination so I really didn't need moisturizer. I also used this in conjugation with aczone My acne is all cured and I will continue to use since my skin looks and feel great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by m0oreeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't normally write reviews but... Tazorac changed my life. The only problem is that I've run out and now I see that the pimples are about to reemerge, hopefully not as badly as before.

Dear lord my acne was so getting so nasty and out of control. I was doing everything to avoid using crazy chemicals but Tazorac has completely cleared my acne!! The purging is real. Around week two my skin was bright red, bumping and pealing. It looked like the worst sun burn mixed with the worst cystic acne. But after a month it was smooth and glowing and healthy. I had to switch from a light cleanser to a light scrub and heavier moisturizer to deal with the dead skin. I've been using Alba Even Advance line. Good luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Leibunny

After I was first prescribed Tazorac, I admit, I was unimpressed. I went through that dreaded purging that honestly happens whenever I switch up my treatment. I am prone to cystic acne, so I had little expectations for Tazorac. However, after the initial purge, my skin looked healthier than I have ever seen it before. Because tazorac is a retinoid, it works by thinning the outer dead cell layer of skin, so the skin looks like it's glowing. I usually use a small amount over my face/neck, and add a bit extra to any breakouts. Now, while i still get breakouts, the cysts' lifespan is dramatically shorter, less scarring, reduced frequency and they are much smaller in size. An added perk is that, like other retinoids, there is a possibility for minimizing wrinkles! While I don't have any yet, I'm glad that I have a weapon in my arsenal against those unsightly crows feet and frown lines.

Although I couldn't believe how expensive this medication is, at $300 for a tube, but I've never been more grateful for my insurance as they cover this cost for me. But if you are on the fence or debating whether this cost is worth it for you, just know that a tube will last several weeks as a little truly goes a long way.

Please note that it is drying so moisturizer is essential. It causes photosensitivity, so sunblock is needed or you will face its wrath of redness and peeling. And if you are or are thinking of becoming pregnant while on tazorac, think again. Talk to your doctor as tazorac is detrimental to your baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Melqetspaid

Okay so I started using tazorac 4 weeks ago. I am now on week 5 and it's making me break out really bad. I don't know if that's normal. I was getting better on week 4, but now is juts getting bad again. I'm just wondering if I should still stick to it. I have very oily skin and I am just scared to keep braking out and not seeing results.

I'm the morning I use tazorac and at night I use tazorac.
I will appreciate anyone, thank you !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Kourtneymarieh

I love this product! I started getting acne about a year and a half ago. I was used to getting the occasional pimple every once in awhile, but then overnight my face turned into basically a pepperoni pizza. I had tried many products including pills, until I realized I was allergic to alot of them. Nothing seemed to work. Keep in mind my face was very oily, yet dry in different areas. My skin was also VERY sensitive. Some months later, my dermatologist prescribed me tazorac in the gel form. In just a few months my skin was FLAWLESS. I couldn't believe it! It didn't make me too dry or too oily, it was perfect. One downside to this product was it's way of making my face SUPER red. I'm a makeup junky so it was nothing foundation or concealer couldn't fix. I only use this product once a day at night for the best results. I would recommend it to any body struggling with bad acne! It may be expensive, but it's definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Ybustos

I'm giving this product a good review simply because of the main ingredient (tazorotene). I was using 0.05 tazorac cream for my face and 0.1 fabior foam for my back and shoulders. Both made me break out even worse initially (more blemishes, dryer skin, red skin) but the fabior started working like a miracle after 4-6 weeks while the tazorac was doing virtually nothing. With the tazorotene foam, My skin has ten times fewer blemishes, my pores are getting tighter, and skin feels smoother for the first time in over ten years. I have had mild to moderate acne since I was about 13, but it's only gotten worse in my 20's. It got to the point where it was destroying my self-esteem. I was so self-conscious I'd avoid going out. I hated going to work. I never let my bf see me without some makeup (we live together). I would literally break down in tears at times. I've always been prone to comedones (little white and blackheads underneath the skin that makes it look bumpy) but recently I started getting more cystic breakouts (very painful) which prompted me to try the dermatologist again. I've tried everything over the counter, proactiv, proactiv+, differin, and other topical gels but nothing has worked like the fabior foam. I can finally see a notable difference in my complexion and some reduction in scarring. This stuff will surely dry your skin out so moisturize!!! I use cetaphil oil-control and ceraV night-time moisturizer. I also use these two brands for face washes now. Although the first few weeks/months may be rough, don't give up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by NajlaAl

This product does help eith aging but i feel it makes you so dry to the point where u get SCARS! It did clear me up and help my moms skin (aging skin) look better, but I've never gotten scars until i used this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by hairproductlover112

This is great, it helped my skin a lot. Not sure if it's because I grew out of my acne stage or this, but I'm guessing this is a huge factor as to why I rarely get pimples anymore. I have the 0.1 gel which is one of the strongest ones and it didn't dry out my face and it worked very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I've suffered from cystic acne for about 12 years. I've tried pretty much everything on the market except for Accutane. I've been on proactiv, monocycline, doxycline, tetracycline, differin, retin-a, clindamycin..

The products that worked for me were: doxyclycline, minocycline, clindamycin and retin-a

I swore by my retin-a and clindamycin combo because that completely cleared my skin. My skin was pretty darn oily throughout the day, but I had no zits so I thought it was the solution for me and was pretty happy with it.

I started to run out of retin-a and the co-pay was too large. I ended up switching to tazorac..and was afraid I'd hate it and it wouldn't be as good as retin-a.

Boy was I wrong. It's not just as good..it's better. My skin is still as clear as ever but it came with an added bonus..the oiliness of my skin has decreased. It also doesn't dry my skin as much as retin-a did! I guess it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't afford retin-a because I'd never have made the switch then.

Give tazorac a try. I didn't even go through a purging process (maybe it was because I was on retin-a before?). It seems so much more gentle on my skin and doesn't dry it out at all.

PS: I am using this in conjunction with clindamycin (in the AM)

Here is how I use Tazorac:

-Wash my face with Cetaphil's acne prone cleanser
-Pat it dry with a towel
-Wait about 10 minutes then put a pea-sized amount on the palm of my hand and then try and distribute it evenly on my face focusing on my T-zone. I rub it into my skin just a tad and then I'm good to go :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by KaterinaPetrova

I am 21 years old and I just started seeing a dermatologist on July 15th. Since I have been seeing her I have been put on Differin 0.3%, Avar Cleanser, Clindamycin Solution 1% (topical antibiotic), and Tazorac 0.5 and .1 gel. My skin is very fair, oily, sensitive, and acne-prone. Differin never worked for my skin, I used it for 3 months exactly and had no results. I did go through a purging phase for about a month and a half. The Avar cleanser just irritated my eyes, which didn't make any sense b/c I never used it near that area. I have currently been using Tazorac 0.1 (cream and gel-alternating both each night, every night)and the Clindamycin Solution 1% for almost 2 mths.

UPDATE 12/20: I ended 3 mths of the Tazorac 0.1% treatment and it did absolutely nothing for my acne. I think both formulas are just too greasy for my oily skin, even the Taz 0.1% gel didn't dry my skin, it just burned it and made is really sensitive. My dermatologist decided to change my routine up. I am going to start using Benzaclin gel once daily and Retin-A Micro Gel 0.1% at night only starting tomorrow. I think I might alternate and use one item one day and the other the next. I have read reviews on both items and saw that both products can be very drying. I used a form of Benzaclin back in high school and it worked great for me with no side effects so I am hoping it works for me now. I am also going to start taking an all natural supplement called Clearzine to see if it helps. I showed my derm the ingredients in it and she said it was safe to take. Since I have Ulcerative Colitis at a young age I can't take any oral prescriptions because it could damage my body even more. So I am going for a natural solution. I just hope this combo works for me and keeps my skin clear for a long time.

Routine for this month:
AM: Wash with Purpose or Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleanser, apply Benzclin, wait for it to dry, apply Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer. (Makeup Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Foundation/Powder)

PM:Use Simple makeup remover wipes, wash with Purpose cleanser, apply Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer-wait 20 min, then apply Retin-A Micro Gel 0.1%.

I will update my review on the new routine after I use everything for about a month. Hope this review/info is useful.