4.1

Tazorac Cream Ingredients ---------------------------------- tazarotene 0.05% or 0.1% (w/w). The inactive ingredients are benzyl alcohol, carbomer 934P, carbomer 1342, edetate disodium, medium chain triglycerides, mineral oil, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sodium thiosulfate, and sorbitan monooleate. Tazorac Gel Ingredients ------------------------------ tazarotene 0.05% or 0.1% (w/w). Nonmedicinal ingredients: ascorbic acid, benzyl alcohol, butylated hydroxyanisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, carbomer 934P, edetate disodium, hexylene glycol, poloxamer 407, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 40, purified water and tromethamine.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Tazorac is my holy grail!! I have been on this product for 3 years and it has saved my life. I had moderate acne and I was on Atralin but I didn't feel like it was working so my derm switched me to Tazorac. I had a patch of acne on my left cheek that would not go away and I would breakout on my forehead and chin. I started off on .05 and it slowly started clearing up my skin. I also have oily skin so once my skin got accustomed to taz, my derm switched me to the .1 cream. I was using the .1 cream for about a year and my skin is so smooth and I barely have any breakouts unless they're around my period. this also helped with hyperpigmentation alot. I should also mention that I am on Solodyn. Since I am very oily, I have little whiteheads and bumpy spots on my forehead so my derm prescribed me the .1 gel for my forehead and the .1 cream for the rest of my face. She also said if I have a really bad acne flare up I can use the gel all over my face for a couple nights as a "spot treatment". This makes my pores smaller and my face 100x smoother. I'm in love with taz!!!

I would like to add BE CAREFUL while youre using this medicine!! You should not put your face directly in the sun, especially if its in the summer WEAR A HAT and SUNSCREEN. seriously i wear a hat everyday in the summer. I made the mistake of stopping tazorac so I could tan but I didn't wait until it was fully out of my system (I waited 3 days) and I laid out for 30 mins and I got 3rd degree burn on my face!! No lie, I had to rush to the ER then the derm and she prescribed me 3 steroid topicals and an antibiotic because this was a week before my graduation. I'm lucky it didn't permanantly scar my face but it was the worst thing I have ever gone through. It is not joke when they say "Wear sunscreen" and "avoid the sun".

Also, tazorac can be very drying so I thought I would share my regimen. In the morning I use CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, then use Garnier hydrating serum, then use CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. At Night I take my makeup off with Ponds Cold Cream, wash with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, then use my serum. I let the serum sit for 15 mins then put on the taz. I let that sit for another 15 mins then I put on CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wish I'd gone on this sooner. I had really bad acne all through my teen years and tried so many over the counter products. My advice: skip all the acne "washes"...the medicine isn't on long enough to fix your acne. Cleansers are supposed to remove dirt and oil that's it. Be gentle with your face! Use a gentle soap free wash like Cetaphil paired with a benzoyl peroxide cream or a retinoid like Tazorac.

It will BURN when you first start using this. Follow the directions exactly and be patient. Use moisturizer and sunscreen if you go out. Be patient. The best part of this med is that it permanently fixed my skin. I use it occasionally if acne comes up, but it's always very mild and rare. It seemed to make my pores bigger? But I don't know if that was just because my pores were clogged with oil before so I didn't see how big they always were. It's worth it though, to have clear skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This changed my life. I absolutely love it. I used to have hyperpigmentation and acne. This diminishes acne that forming and removes redness overnight. It also makes my skin tighter! You have to moisturize with a moisturizer that is not light though or you may get permanent wrinkles.

I'm using Tazorac for the third time in my life. My skin is oily. I get blackheads, red pimples here and there, and lots of small pimples that give my skin a poor texture. I'm 30 now and while I've never had severe acne, the acne never seems to go away. In the past when I used tazorac, I really enjoyed the results. The only issue was when I was younger I didn't have as consistent of a skincare regimen. I wasn't nearly as healthy, and i never slept. These days I have a great routine and I try to take care of my skin. I decided to start using Taz again recently even though I was hesitant because of the initial hurdles of using the stuff. I guess This time around the side effects weren't nearly as bad as I remembered. Granted this time, this is the only thing I'm using. (The first time I used it, my derm had me using a benzoyl peroxide med in the morning.) I'm also aware of the best way to use it. I cleanse with cetaphil (I highly recommend cetaphil because it is so gentle. your skin will be sensitive on this stuff!) and apply cetaphil moisturizer after. You may hear that you should apply taz before the moisturizer (once the skin is thoroughly dry, wait 30ish minutes) makes it the most effective. That may be the case, but I find that my skin gives me less issues when I have the barrier of the moisturizer. I use a Magic Mitt from Jane Iredale to gently exfoliate any dry skin or flakes in the morning after cleansing, and I use a clarisonic at night. If my skin gets too sensitive at any point, I just don't use taz that night. I still feel like I get the great effects but it helps to calm my skin down again. I definitely recommend easing in. I worry that teenagers tend to slather on lots of these products, but they end up with a bad situation. Be patient! Ease in! You'll be so glad you did. I've been using it consistently for a month and already the bad side effects have subsided. I still have some blackhead and small bumps, but rarely any big red bumps. If a pimple pops up, it usually goes away pretty quickly. The best thing is the awesome glow this stuff gives you. It gives me perfectly smooth skin that is a perfect canvas for makeup. It also helps control the amount of oil my skin produces. One of my friends couldn't stop commenting on how good my skin looks. I feel like extractions would probably help my skin type. I'm hoping that getting some of the clogged stuff out and continuing use of taz will stop the pores from reclogging. Good luck if you're new to taz! It'll give you skin that people envy. It's great for anti-aging!

Skin Type: Combination - Oily on T-zone
Acne Severity: Cystic acne on forehead - Recently started getting cystic acne all over.
Acne since 2010 (Age 16)

I started using Tazorac Gel 0.05% on July 24th and it is now July 28th. To start off, the purge period is INSANE. Holy cow, I have never seen my oily skin so dry, flaky and red (Mind you I used Tazorac twice a day when I wasn't supposed to). The purge period started two days after using Tazorac. At the very beginning I thought that this gel was very hydrating almost greasy so I was like "???". Then boom, flakiness extreme. My skin felt so burnt and just nasty. I didn't notice much difference on the acne but I feel like it has helped dry it out a bit.

Right now I've noticed that the flakiness has gone down and it is not as drastic but my skin is D R Y. I have to use a heavy cream to combat the dryness. So I suggest moisturizing even if your Derm. says not to, because mine told me to moisturize once a week (oops sorry).

I will update after one month with Tazorac to see if anything changes! Hopefully this stuff works.

Im using the product for the second time and so happy with the results. I always felt the need to hide behind makeup before stepping out. I'm gaining more and more confidence to show my bare face to the world. My skin is brighter and the acne scars I had are fading away. After 6 months of use in still peeking around the chin area. I don't think I ever peeled around the forehead or cheek region but I think that's because it's time to upgrade to the stronger prescription of .1%. Currently I'm on .05%. Skin is somewhat red but it's better than being dull and full of scars. I use this in conjunction with Aczone but still have some breakouts. I recommend this product. I wish it was cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know what to think about this product. I used to have acne all down both of my cheeks and then i went on this product 4 months ago and I still have acne. I will admit it is a lot better but its also still there. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if this just isn't the product for me. The initial purge was horrible, I would cry myself to sleep. And I kind of don't want to try anything new because I have been on this for 4 months and I don't want all of that effort to go down the drain. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Pros : it works in a couple of months your face would be clear and scars and unwanted pigmentation would slowly dissapear. Cons : The inital purge can be horrible , takes sometimes so you have to consistent and patient. Hard using foundation since skin will be dry peeling and red. and you have to constantly use it . Even when your "done"with the treatment if you stop taking it in a couple of months youll start breaking out again. I have cystic acne its not severe but it is annoying and constant. Ive done this treatment 3 times. since my dermatologist just want me to rely on the face wash. but my acne always comes back. overall it works so Id say try it. The only really bad part is the initial purge but in literally 3 months your face would be soooo much better . ♡

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After Veltin stopped working a year into my moderate case of adult acne, I went back to my doctor and was prescribed Aczone and Tazorac, both topical prescription medications. My current regimen is Aczone 2x a day (morning and night) and then Tazorac cream every other night.

Tazorac cream is a thick, white cream that comes in a travel-friendly squeezy tube. It doesn't feel different from a thick, creamy moisturizer going on the skin and I haven't noticed any burning or peeling sensations while using it. (Veltin, in my experiences, made me peel for about 3 weeks before my skin adjusted to it.) After some trial-and-error, I found out I have to apply Tazorac FIRST before Aczone because the heavier Tazorac will "pill" and roll off the Aczone. My doctor also recommended Tazorac underneath the Aczone since Tazorac is the stronger medication and needs to penetrate the skin.

The Aczone / Tazorac regimen took about 2.5 months to show results, which was admittedly frustrating and longer than I expected since my previous medications worked within a month. On the bright side, once they started to work, I went from a few pimples a day to a few pimples a week (probably hormonal).

I never take the time to review products, but this is the exception.

I've been using tazorac for the past few months (~6) and it is the best thing ever. Naturally, I went through the initial period of redness/irritation, but it only lasted about a month and it was completely worth the results. All pimples my pimples go away nearly overnight. My skin tone is much more even. My acne scars are fading. My pores even look a little smaller.

Using tazorac is all about developing a routine that works for you.
I use tazorac in conjunction with Solodyn (antibiotic) and Trilegest (birth control) and the results are amazing.
I use tazorac at night, every night, as a spot treatment (on pimples or areas with scarring).
Moisturizer is everything: I use clinique moisture surge intense. It doesn't cause acne/clog pores and it's my favorite formula on the market.
Facewash: Origin Frothy Facewash. You need a very gentle face wash to use with tazorac, otherwise you will peel.

I only exfoliate twice a week (using Neutrogena deep clean invigorating foaming scrub).

Overall, I highly recommend tazorac.

Popular Face Skincare Products