October 20, 2014 | 862 users online

Skincare - Face - Tazorac

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by WindyJoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

❤️❤️❤️❤️👏👏👏👏 HG for persistent freak of nature adult acne! You must try this! It has transformed my skin & life as I was starting to drift into the ebyss of the war zone developing on my face!

I followed the Acne.org precisely! I skipped the BP.

I also alternated between the Taz & AHA lotion. No serums or scrubbing until I felt my face was in the clear.

Pea size all over a night only!

I relunctantly paid retail for this at the time & I'm glad I did! Seriously if you are not convinced message me for b/a pics! This stuff is the best & all women should have a tube!

My purge lasted 6 weeks.
Yes I peeled no fun as it was sometimes unecpected while wearing foundation.

Go easy on the foundatiom if you can.

Like others say if you can stand the purge the reward is skin better than pre-acne. My skin is smooth & yes my barely there pores virtually invisible!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by clare26

I sooo wanted to love taz, but after using it for a year, I decided to give up on it.

My skin is acne prone, with some acne scarring, lots of blackheads and I now believe also dehydrated. I've been "blessed" with skin problems for about 12 years now.
I've used EVERYTHING to help my acne. I've used derm prescribed treatments such as doxycyline, minocycline, epiduo, differin, retin a cream/gel, retin a micro, skinoren and isotrex. I've used pretty much every skincare line under the sun from such as Jan marini, clinique, paula's choice, skinceuticals, estee lauder and neostrata, just to name a few. I've even tried dietary supplements. Some things worked a little bit, but stopped after a while, some things didn't work at all, and some things made my skin much worse.

I would describe my acne at the moment as mild but persistent. I used to have moderate acne, but it wasn't the cystic type. My face was covered in whiteheads and blackheads and I'd get a couple cysts every now and then. I do think I see my skin as a lot worse than it is (as I'm sure we all do). Everyone wants perfect skin and I'm excessively self conscious about mine! I haven't left the house without make up in a good 5 years, and I could count on one hand how many times I have in the past decade (basically when going to the derm!).

So, back to taz. I used the cream first which worked well at first, but then stopped working and was making my skin oily. So, I tried the gel.
My skin is tough (or so I thought at the time) and it didn't get irritated by either product, nor did I get dry or flakey at all. I also used it every night. I tried mixing it up by only using it every second night for a while too, but because my skin could handle every night, for the most part of the year I used it, I used it every night. I'm not sure using it every night was the best idea, even though that's what was recommended by my derm. I think sometimes it's too much for our poor skin :(

I did feel like taz helped control my breakouts a little, but it made my skin so incredibly oily I couldn't take it anymore. I also thought my skin was looking older, and more irritated as time progressed. My skin just looked haggard and because it was so oily, my pores looked ridiculously big, which I hate as much as acne!

I've since realised my skin is probably more sensitive than I think, and I believe after 12 years of having acne and using harsh products, my skin is dehydrated, over processed and fed up. I have stripped my skin far too much and it reacts my over producing oil to compensate. I've heard using too many products can wreck the skin barrier, so maybe this is what's happened to me.

I would still recommend giving taz a try, because lots of people have success with it. I know it is suppose to help with wrinkles and building collagen, so I'd love to use it again, but I worry my skin will start looking awful again. Since stopping all tretinoin products (retin a, taz, differin etc) my skin looks much healthier to me. I don't know why this is, because these are meant to be the top products to use and come highly recommended by derms. Perhaps my skin is just too over processed to cope? Who knows.

I certainly don't want to put people off using taz. If you do decide to use it, start slowly and do not use any other exfoliating products. Remember to use a good quality sunscreen too. Often skin starts to look worse before it looks better, but if after six months of using it, you're feeling like your skin just looks crappy, dehydrated and irritated then taz might not be for you. Like everything out there, it doesn't work for everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by blueaking

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm giving this 3 stars for now but I'll do another review in a couple of months. So far I am very pleased at the changes I see in my face after spending lots of $$ on so many different acne products. I'm a Carmel complexed black woman. I've had acne since my teens & I'm 37 years old. I used to just have breakouts but still pretty nice skin. Once I hit my mid 30's I had straight acne & my skin looked horrible even with make up!! I had horrible black heads & bumps. My self esteem was SO low I refrained from social gatherings or hanging out with my friends especially with them having Beautiful skin. I always compared my skin to other women's. My friends & husband didn't see what I saw & thinks I'm beautiful but that wasn't enough for me. So I finally broke down & went to a dermatologist which my husbands insurance covered....thank goodness!! She recommended Tazorac & advised it would take 6 weeks to see results. The first two weeks things were good & I thought I beat the odds from what the reviews said but then ALL Hell broke loose!! I broke out bad, my skin itched, peeled & my chin & jaw turned black. I almost stopped using it but the reviews kept saying hang in there! So I did and I am so glad I did. After week 4-5 things calmed down & started looking good. I'm now in week 8 and my skin looks Great! I mean I still have to wear makeup but it looks great now & I hope to be make up free in the next month or two. It even got rid of this ugly mole & skin tag I hated that was under my eye. So far I'm happy & I paid $40 for two tube. I'm almost done with the first tube after 8 weeks so the price is nice. I was using it 3 times a week but now that my skin is used to it I can use it daily. Only in the affected areas. Do not use it on areas you don't have acne or sensitive areas like your chest. Speaking from experience :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Nayaabk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this product. Definitely takes 12 weeks to work so be patient and only use a dime size. My skin is combination so I really didn't need moisturizer. I also used this in conjugation with aczone My acne is all cured and I will continue to use since my skin looks and feel great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by m0oreeen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't normally write reviews but... Tazorac changed my life. The only problem is that I've run out and now I see that the pimples are about to reemerge, hopefully not as badly as before.

Dear lord my acne was so getting so nasty and out of control. I was doing everything to avoid using crazy chemicals but Tazorac has completely cleared my acne!! The purging is real. Around week two my skin was bright red, bumping and pealing. It looked like the worst sun burn mixed with the worst cystic acne. But after a month it was smooth and glowing and healthy. I had to switch from a light cleanser to a light scrub and heavier moisturizer to deal with the dead skin. I've been using Alba Even Advance line. Good luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Leibunny

After I was first prescribed Tazorac, I admit, I was unimpressed. I went through that dreaded purging that honestly happens whenever I switch up my treatment. I am prone to cystic acne, so I had little expectations for Tazorac. However, after the initial purge, my skin looked healthier than I have ever seen it before. Because tazorac is a retinoid, it works by thinning the outer dead cell layer of skin, so the skin looks like it's glowing. I usually use a small amount over my face/neck, and add a bit extra to any breakouts. Now, while i still get breakouts, the cysts' lifespan is dramatically shorter, less scarring, reduced frequency and they are much smaller in size. An added perk is that, like other retinoids, there is a possibility for minimizing wrinkles! While I don't have any yet, I'm glad that I have a weapon in my arsenal against those unsightly crows feet and frown lines.

Although I couldn't believe how expensive this medication is, at $300 for a tube, but I've never been more grateful for my insurance as they cover this cost for me. But if you are on the fence or debating whether this cost is worth it for you, just know that a tube will last several weeks as a little truly goes a long way.

Please note that it is drying so moisturizer is essential. It causes photosensitivity, so sunblock is needed or you will face its wrath of redness and peeling. And if you are or are thinking of becoming pregnant while on tazorac, think again. Talk to your doctor as tazorac is detrimental to your baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Melqetspaid

Okay so I started using tazorac 4 weeks ago. I am now on week 5 and it's making me break out really bad. I don't know if that's normal. I was getting better on week 4, but now is juts getting bad again. I'm just wondering if I should still stick to it. I have very oily skin and I am just scared to keep braking out and not seeing results.

I'm the morning I use tazorac and at night I use tazorac.
I will appreciate anyone, thank you !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Kourtneymarieh

I love this product! I started getting acne about a year and a half ago. I was used to getting the occasional pimple every once in awhile, but then overnight my face turned into basically a pepperoni pizza. I had tried many products including pills, until I realized I was allergic to alot of them. Nothing seemed to work. Keep in mind my face was very oily, yet dry in different areas. My skin was also VERY sensitive. Some months later, my dermatologist prescribed me tazorac in the gel form. In just a few months my skin was FLAWLESS. I couldn't believe it! It didn't make me too dry or too oily, it was perfect. One downside to this product was it's way of making my face SUPER red. I'm a makeup junky so it was nothing foundation or concealer couldn't fix. I only use this product once a day at night for the best results. I would recommend it to any body struggling with bad acne! It may be expensive, but it's definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Ybustos

I'm giving this product a good review simply because of the main ingredient (tazorotene). I was using 0.05 tazorac cream for my face and 0.1 fabior foam for my back and shoulders. Both made me break out even worse initially (more blemishes, dryer skin, red skin) but the fabior started working like a miracle after 4-6 weeks while the tazorac was doing virtually nothing. With the tazorotene foam, My skin has ten times fewer blemishes, my pores are getting tighter, and skin feels smoother for the first time in over ten years. I have had mild to moderate acne since I was about 13, but it's only gotten worse in my 20's. It got to the point where it was destroying my self-esteem. I was so self-conscious I'd avoid going out. I hated going to work. I never let my bf see me without some makeup (we live together). I would literally break down in tears at times. I've always been prone to comedones (little white and blackheads underneath the skin that makes it look bumpy) but recently I started getting more cystic breakouts (very painful) which prompted me to try the dermatologist again. I've tried everything over the counter, proactiv, proactiv+, differin, and other topical gels but nothing has worked like the fabior foam. I can finally see a notable difference in my complexion and some reduction in scarring. This stuff will surely dry your skin out so moisturize!!! I use cetaphil oil-control and ceraV night-time moisturizer. I also use these two brands for face washes now. Although the first few weeks/months may be rough, don't give up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by NajlaAl

This product does help eith aging but i feel it makes you so dry to the point where u get SCARS! It did clear me up and help my moms skin (aging skin) look better, but I've never gotten scars until i used this product!