Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 5/23/2015 8:04:00 PM

I wanted to like this so much..after seeing a lot of good reviews on it I hoped for better. I just used it twice and realized I absolutely do not like it. If you wear any makeup at all, it does NOT take it off. I wore a little bit of liquid foundation and it didn't come off at all with this. I tried it once more after that when I wore just powder and it seemed to get it off, but I wanted a cleanser that I could trust to take everything off.

My boyfriend tried it too, and his whole forehead broke out in small red bumps. I bought the Cerave foaming cleanser that it's worked wonders for me, so if for some reason Cetaphil doesn't work for you I recommend that!

on 5/18/2015 12:10:00 AM

Perfect cleanser for someone with combination/dry skin or sensitive skin. I've tried Kielh's and Clinique's cleansers and both leave my skin feeling tight and irritated after. This cleanser does the trick without stripping your skin of its natural oils and moisture. Good thing is it's also fragrance free.

on 5/11/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product! If my acne has cleared up and stayed cleared for that last 1 1/2 years it truly because of this product. I have oily/combination skin and the one for dry combination skin works amazingly on my skin. It does what it says, cleans gently and leaves my face feeling fresh and soft, not dry or tight. I notices that this has helped control the oil on my skin too. I stopped using this for a while and switched to the Cerve one for oily skin. That ended up making my skin extremely oily due to the fact that it left my face feeling dry. Overall I would recommend this to everyone any age. At first you have to be a bit patient because it is different in comparison to many other cleansers, its really creamy and when you wash your face the first time it will feel like you did not even clean your face but that the beauty of it, it cleans without removing the natural oils of your face. I wash my face twice a day (Once in the morning and once before bed) in the morning I just apply my Mary Kay sunscreen and then do my make up ( concealer and powder), at night I use the Kirkland make up wipe, wash my face then apply coconut oil as my night time moisturizer. It leaves my face so soft and not greasy. LOVE IT!!

on 5/7/2015 1:32:00 PM

It is pretty much exactly what it is advertised as. I have pretty sensitive skin, and this product is great. I have been using it off and on (mostly on) for a couple of years and it has never given me a reaction (unlike many other products). It is extremely gentle. It doesn't have a fragrance or glitter or anything that would irritate your skin. The formula is a bit odd, the consistency is creamy, but you get used to it. I like it because it leaves your skin softer than before you used it, so it is like a moisturizer and cleanser in one. I am going to try the oily-combination product because in the summer my T-zone can get oily, but I live in an area with harsh winters and my skin is very dry and sensitive most of the year and this product is fantastic, I never have to worry about a bad reaction with it. I do use the moisturizer cream and I also like it. It is just as gentle as the cleanser and isn't overpriced like other moisturizers on the market. It is moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as other products I have used, so it's not good during the winter months when I need the extra moisture.

on 5/6/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff worked for the first couple weeks, then it started stinging when I put it on my face and made my blemishes worse. I don't know what happened, but I'm never buying again.

on 5/4/2015 4:14:00 PM

Excellent for sensitive skin. Been using it for about 4 yrs now

on 4/30/2015 1:08:00 AM

I really like this product. It is a great cleanser and it does not make me break out like other products do!

on 4/28/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't like this stuff, it makes my skin red and dry. I don't understand why dermatologists recommend this stuff...it's just SLS and preservatives.

on 4/26/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm floored by how many people rave about this cleanser, it gave me one of the worst breakouts I ever experienced. I will NEVER try another Cetaphil product.

on 4/25/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is my love. I have an oily skin but this product works like magic to me! It cleanse, moisturizes my skin and softens it really well! This product also helped me with my mild acne. Love it!