April 23, 2014 | 1874 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by fierymiss

My sister bought this for me as I am a teenager and, even though I don't have acne, I think it's way better to prevent any imprefections. I had read tons of good reviews about it, not only here, but also on Amazon and on a lot of beauty blogs.
My question is: why? This product did nothing for me. It has like eight ingredients, and three of them are parabens. No natural ingredients whatsoever, and has a weird smell. The bottle is cheap and a lot of product comes out, so you have to be really careful when you use it.
I didn't notice any improvement on my skin, it was just like washing my face with water.
Obviously, an ineffective product. I'm so glad it was given to me instead of buying it myself lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Gabyayo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, gentle cleanser for the skin! I use this on my face and body, and it cleanses and softens without leaving an annoying scent or residue. Since it's gentle, you could use this cleanser on a baby and have no problem. I've been using it for as long as I can remember!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by thescientist101

if u have acne give this a try!! never in a million years i thought this would clear up my acne!! hesitated at first, but after using it for a while, i realized it cleared up my acne!! but i do get little bumps here and there sometimes..but my face is so much clearer. Thank god for this..been using almost everything. trust me. I'm a teen and this thing is a life saver. What i do, and works best for me is i wash my face with it for about 10 secs, rinse, pat dry and then apply a thin layer of it again. hope this helps

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kind of on the fence about this one...
I use this in the morning only and it keeps skin less oily but can also cause it to be dry!

Pros:
- you get heaps of product in the bottle
- feel natural and nice for my skin
- has cleared SOME of my acne

Cons:
- bulky, ugly packaging!
- can cause me to have dry skin so must also moisturise after I use it!

I don't recommend this to people with dry skin or acne skin! But would recommend to very oily(it will keep you matte!!) , and normal skin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is an easy one.

Product: SUCKS!!! Its a bottle filled up with chemicals and more chemicals

Expensive: HELL YEEESSS!!! You are literally paying for a liquid one dollar hand soap but buying it for $11.00 just because it says its for your face...

Packaging: I would say thats the only good thing. Pumps are always nice and sanitary

Smell: Has no smell really...

Overall:
Buy a one dollar Castile soap thats gonna work just as fine if not even better!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by MissArianna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for the hype and I wish I didn't buy the big bottle. It really doesn't do anything for my skin. I've tried it with and without my Conair Sonic Face Brush and it still didn't make any difference. I actually found I broke out more often with this cleanser rather than with my other cleansers. I've used up about half the bottle now hoping it works better the next time I use it, but it never does.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had chronic acne as a teenager and as I've gotten into my mid 20s I've really struggled with how my skin has changed. While I still get the occasional outbreak, my skin is incredibly dry, to the point where it was beginning to crack, especially around my forehead. I'd been trying to use natural products only like coconut oil but my skin did not respond. I switched entirely to Cetaphil and my skin has been great ever since. It took a while to get used to washing with a non foaming cleanser but I can't use anything else now. Others have mentioned that it doesn't remove makeup but I've not experienced this at all. I usually use a washcloth or clarisonic with it if I have makeup on and it removes everything

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by xsk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! great for sensitive skin people like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product as it was recommended for acne prone skin but if you are sensitive to fatty alcohols - please avoid!

The plus side to this cleanser is that it isn't foaming, so it just isn't drying at all. It's therefore a little harder to feel like you've cleansed your face adequately but I think you just have to trust the product.

It does not remove even slight remnants of makeup AT ALL, so use a makeup remover first and make sure you get everything!

As mentioned previously, the cleanser contains two types of fatty alcohol which case breakouts for a lot of people (myself included) and also contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a detergent that is both acne forming and irritating for many people.

I found this clogged my pores only a little, but also didn't cleanse my face as well as I would have liked so I won't be purchasing again. I have instead gifted it to my eczema suffering [male] housemate who seems to like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say this product is OK.. I don't know what's so good about it, I mean like it is a decent product but not like WOWW.. Ya know what I mean rite. My dermatologist recommends this and said her other patients saw improvements.. Well it leaves my face clean but not tight. I don't use it everyday cuz it has built in moisturiser in it so it is not my acne's best friend but just acquaintance. I think this is too dry for my body.