October 2, 2014 | 1929 users online

Moisturizers - Reviva - DMAE Firming Fluid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This fluid is fantastic! I've been using it for over a week. I wake up every morning with smaller pores and a more plumped up and firmer skin. It's fantastic! Absorbs into the skin instantly... it's actually even cleared my skin. And takes away brown spots slowly. I notice them less and less. I know it's only been a week but i already notice the difference. Comes in a pump that dispenses just one drop which spreads over half my face. Buy this! I got it at Ulta and if you have points you can get it even cheaper than the $20 it costs. This is a great product from Reviva. I use all their products and they're all great.
UPDATE 5/6/2013 - Still loving this! I use it twice a day, morning under makeup and night time under or over night cream or by itself. Loving it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by carmelelf

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product seems to be a good formulation of DMAE. I have just started using it, so I can't yet comment on results, but I did find a few interesting studies on PubMed that indicate its beneficial effects. Here is one:

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by tippiejax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Um...let's not get carried away stating that DMAE "kills" skin cells, folks. There is other information out there pointing out how that particular study, performed on rabbits, had many, many other factors/variances involved and was not conclusive. I can tell you as someone who takes the supplement, that DMAE has made a big difference, not only on my skin, but my well-being. Before jumping to conclusions, check out the information in this article as well. In closing, if you googled just about any ingredient in just about any skin care line, you could find pros and cons regarding the ingredient. Check this out:

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2007 10:51:00 AM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, now that I've used a whole bottle of this, I realize that DMAE causes the death of skin cells. Anyway, I have used this for about a month now and it hasn't done anything different than the other hundreds of serums and creams I've tried. On to the next miracle product......

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 6:18:00 PM More reviews by TamJamB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I notice that most of the reviews for this serum have focused on the dark-circle-under-the-eye problem. Well, I can't speak to that as I've never had circles or bags under my own eyes. I bought this product in hopes of improving a sagging neck and, for that, it has worked superbly.

I am 45 and was upset to notice, a year or so ago, that my neck was starting to sag. I went through a flurry of product buying, looking for something to tighten things up. Some of the things I've bought have been very expensive and none seemed to work very well. The most expensive product, in fact, actually seemed to make the sagging worse.

Frantic researching brought me to this board where I discovered that Argireline, the stuff in that expensive cream, was good for softening wrinkles but, for some people softened them too much (in my case, it softened them until I feared they were about to sag off my skull). I also learned that a DMAE serum may be a better product for tightening neck sag.

Which brings me to this stuff. It's not fancy -- the bottle and packaging are very plain. It's not expensive -- I paid less than 15 bucks for my little bottle. It's not luxurious -- no pretty smells, or bells, or whistles.

But it tightens the skin on your neck. At least it did mine. I've been using it morning and night for 3 weeks now (I'm almost to the bottom of the bottle) and I feel the difference is dramatic. The Huckleberry Hound jowls I started to develop on that expensive cream are retreating; and the crepey sag of my poor old neck is much diminished. For me, it really worked.

This is my new 'desert island' product -- I'd rather do without toothpaste than this stuff!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2006 12:33:00 AM More reviews by sneezydiva3

EDIT: I no longer would use or recommend this product. DMAE has been shown to cause skin cell irritation and cell death.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: Regarding the new studies that DMAE causes cell death...there is a high probability that the tests are invalid as it relates to humans. Read for yourself at the site mentioned above, and a counterperspective at http://www.smartskincare.com/ingredients/dmae_safety.html, then judge for yourself. For me...this stuff is great and I will continue to use it since I'm not a rabbit and use no more than DMAE at 1% :)

DMAE is thought to tighten skin, although it's not clear how this works. Initial studies are promising and its the first agent proven in some studies to have at least some positive effects on facial sag. All I know is it saved my skin and reversed the what appeared to be sudden, noticable sagging effect caused by Acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) :(

This is the best, most concentrated and inexpensive version of DMAE that I've found. I use it every morning after washing my face. Soaks right in, has absolutely no affect on other products or makeup.
INGREDIENTS: Demineralized spring water, DMAE bitartrate, glycerin (veg.), polysorbate 20, sodium chloride, simethicone, hydroxyethylcellulose, methyl paraben, propyl paraben.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

I didn't notice any real "firming" from this, but it left my skin somewhat silky. However, since it didn't firm at all, I'll likely won't repurchase.