October 24, 2014 | 1043 users online

Eyeliner - Pop Beauty - Glitter Stix

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by meghanli

I bought this on beautycrunch.com because they had such a good price, but I honestly wouldn't pay the full price for these. You do have to work a little bit to get the color but when you do these pencils are very true to color. Do not expect to get a thin, clean line as these are fat pencils and very smudgy. I use this almost as a shadow since they are so smudgy but layering a powdered shadow on top of this reduces that. The glitter is very chunky and is pretty for nighttime looks but I definitely wouldn't use this daily as the glitter is VERY noticeable. The most annoying part is that the glitter gets everywhere when you try to remove your makeup and unless you wash your face, you are still going to be finding random bits of glitter afterwards. I wear contact lenses and have had no problems with this product in terms of irritation or redness or anything.

Overall, I would only pay a quarter of the market price for this. You can get better quality and more user friendly glitter liner elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by raqalichavez

I got this product for as a free gift from a website I bought other cosmetics products from. I got it in the color Sage. It has large chunky glitter. I am wearing today and I only feel comfortable wearing this product along the lashline on my lower lid on the outer corner. Due to this product having large glitter I don't want to get it in my eye. I like the color it is a light green color with silver glitter. It is short and chubby and it glides on very nicely when I applied it to that small corner section. I don't think I'll repurchase this product I don't wear glitter eyeliner much and I think this will last me a long time. I might, however, buy a darker color. So far I like the extra sparkle this adds to my eyemakeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this color in Moss, a gorgeous deep emerald/ teal color with silver glitter. The color, plus it's affordability are the only good things I have to say about it. Other than that, the formula seems to be physically incapable of lasting without creasing for more than 4 hours, and does NOT go on easily. You're literally scraping your eyelid with this crayon for a good 5 minutes before any color shows up, and by then you've scratched your eyelid raw from all the enormous sharp pieces of glitter in it. Sephora has better glitter liners if you like that sort of thing...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by swtkisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for an fun, affordable, sparkle eyeliner that lasts all night while out on the town, this is it. At $8 a pop, one could afford to buy several of her favorite colors. I have this in navy, and love layering bronze and nude shimmer eyeshadows over the lid after applying this at the lashline. The specks of glitter are large enough to make your eyes noticeably dazzling. They are also large enough to tug at the eyelid during application. On one occasion, I actually felt like I had scratched my eyelid. I love the look it gives, but dislike the crude quality of the glitter. The tube itself is chubby and easily wielded, but I found it difficult to sharpen. I prefer using Victoria's Secret eyeshadows as eyeliner now. They're easier on my eyelids, and create a more subtle sparkle which can be worn during the day.

see uploaded image for swatches

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by dancinxelise

I actually quite like this product. And I wear contact lenses- no problems there. The way I apply the product is I heavily draw it onto my finger then smudge it onto my eyelid. I find it easier to apply this way- no dragging. And the pencil is really thick too, I don't really see it as an eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by pianolady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just got this last night at ULTA, i got it in gold. i tried it on n it was pretty good n it kinda BLENDED in with my skin. well not entirely , ok i was lying it does have a pretty n nice sheen in it. and they're not lying when they said they were chunky glitter but i think it's OKAY with me. i didn't really care but i accidently dropped it and the cap cracks but it didn't broke. then when i opeded it i chipped it so i'll have to go upward n not sideways when i open it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by peacegiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally saw this on Paris Hilton in a magazine a few years ago (in Azure color) and thinking how pretty I thought it was. I'm a lot tanner than her (I'm half filipino, half white) so I didn't think it'd look as good on me. After debating with myself everytime I went to Sephora whether I wanted to get it or not, I finally did! I love the color, it's pretty, fun and something new. It does start to drag and the glitter does get everywhere. I want to try the rest of the colors. If you're looking for something fun then I'd definitely recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Hmm I am surprised these have a over 50% repurchase rate because IMO they're utter crap. Great in theory, they are chubby glitter eye liner pencils. However, they are rather tough and tug at the sensitive skin around the eyes. Glitter is rather gritty and I don't wear contact lenses, but this might be of concern to those who do. I tried this in Gold and would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are seriously hard to work with, which is a shame since they come in such pretty colors. I have "Moss" which is a strong dark green, "Gold" and "Sage" which is a really pretty pale green. I especially like the shade of "Sage" which turns out a pale glittery understated green, perfect for summertime and more fun than the usual bronze and gold shades I usually opt for in summer. But dear god, you really have to work hard to get any color of these, the glitters are too big and I really feel like I'm tearing my eyelids when applying. If they just were more creamy and didn't have the harsh glitters they'd be much more user friendly.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mesram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I guess I did not read carefully enough about this product. I did not realize it was so glitter intensive. And by glitter intensive I mean glittery like an elementary school art project - big flakes of glitter . .. . EVERYWHERE . . .no staying in the lines here.. . .Furthermore, it irritates my eyes (they are red & watery). I have never had this sort of sensativity to any other product. While the colors may be beuatiful - they smeared all over & disappeared half way throught the day (though my eyes remain irritated). If this product had staying power & did not irritate my eyes - and was more subtle in its glitteri-ness (i.e. if it were an entirely more age appropriate and higher quality product) I would like it. I enjoy some irridecance & sparkle near my eyes on certain rare occaisions (despite approaching 35 . ..and while free-spirited, I am a blend of sophistication and bohemia . ..not a wishi-i-were-19 kind of woman). This product, however, is not how I will ever choose to pursue this effect.