China Glaze Fairy Dust

4.5

on 8/28/2015 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

China Glaze Fairy Dust is one of those staple polishes that everyone must have in their collection- ask any nail polish fanatic. it is a clear based, finely milled holographic silver glitter topper that spreads very evenly over the nail in one easy coat. take that and do whatever you want with it- the possibilities are endless. used as a topper, you can transform any of your favorite polishes into a scattered holographic. i especially love it over spring pastels- but you can also add it over glitter polishes for extra bling or use it on the tips or on an accent nail, or even do a jelly sandwich look or add it to a french manicure for a little sparkle. the name 'fairy dust' is perfect because it adds that little bit of magic to any manicure. although this polish is not especially unique, it is extremely popular because of the availability, low price and excellent formula. you can pick it up at any Sally- and if you don't have it, you should definitely put it on your list.

I really enjoy this sheer (but not TOO sheer) micro-glitter. It appears silvery-white in the bottle, but I get mostly pale pink reflection off this one (it's more noticeable with 2 coats). As a single topcoat, it makes for a good "starry sky" over navy polish. It's one of my favorites to wear solo when I feel like sheer nails, drying time is average, and it lasts about a week with base and top coats.

on 6/30/2015 8:18:00 PM

I just tried this with a beautiful light purple by Essence Dress for the Moment. Oh my gosh. The blah color and sometimes patchiness application of light colors go away with this amazing top coat. The polish looks amazing! I hope this isn't discontinued, because I have the travel size. I will have to get the full size. I will buy this over and over, for as long as they make it!

on 6/10/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a great transform-your-polish kind of topper. Looks great on virtually any color, especially dark ones. Don't give up on that nail polish you think you hate until you try this over it!

on 6/7/2015 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I would and will repurchase this over and over. It is the perfect glitter topper. It's fine micro glitter that is very subtle. It just makes anything better. It's perfect for crappy polishes and ones that need something extra.

One coat will give just a subtle look while 2 will look slightly halo.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This polish is one of the most versatile glitters I've ever used. It's a beautiful holographic glitter topcoat that looks good over pretty much everything. Fairy Dust is a polish I'd recommend to everyone who paints their nails: it's must-have!

on 3/17/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Such a fantastic topcoat, it's not just a glitter but a marvellous holographic one. It's subtle and sophiticated and prolongs any manicure by creating an almost unchippable bond with the base. So pretty over nudes, it's definetely a must have for any polish lover.

on 3/7/2015 10:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Prettiest topcoat ever! It adds a real zing to any color, yet doesn't draw too much attention to itself. Very special.

on 2/24/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

How is it that I haven't reviewed this before? Hands down, my favorite polish. Beautiful, delicate scattered holographic glitter. I haven't found a polish that doesn't look good with Fairy Dust. It's a " It's a "must have". I love it over nudes and deep colors. Adds depth to any polish. It does thicken and become gloopy, but a little thinner and it's good to go. I swear I want my epitaph to say "Everything's better with Fairy Dust".

on 2/24/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'd heard amazing things about Fairy Dust and I was not disappointed! It's also my first holographic polish of any kind and I love it. I like to use this when I want to jazz up a mani, but am feeling too lazy to do anything fancy. I haven't had it long enough to see if it thickens up after a while like other reviewers have mentioned, but if it does, I think it's totally worth buying a thinner for!

Popular Polishes