October 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Fairy Dust

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by BeckyWithaY

Easily my favorite glitter polish. The one downside is that it does thicken up after sitting for a while, but giving it a good shake and adding polish thinner solves that problem quickly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by GodIsLove33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My all time favorite nail polish! Pictures do not do this wonderful color justice. It's a beautiful, very fine rainbow glitter polish but is not obnoxious in the slightest. I like to wear it alone with 1-4 coats but on top of another color 1 coat is perfect. The wear is very long lasting (I find this to be true with all China Glaze polishes) and I just can't get enough. My only gripe is with the actual China Glaze bottles as some tend to leak. This is remedied if you just keep the bottle upright :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, yes, yes I would buy this again, and have a backup as I'm typing. This is the perfect clear topcoat with tiny different colored shimmery specks in it. Fairy Dust is a very fitting name and looks beautiful over any polish. It's not too densely packed, so it doesn't hide or change the color of your polish; it just adds a gorgeous sparkle.
Fairy dust applies very smoothly and the flecks go on evenly so there aren't thick globs or empty spaces; it almost looks as though the shimmer is "built in" to whatever polish you are wearing. Total winner!
I'm going to add that, yes, this polish is thick, especially after a few uses, but as one reviewer stated, it helps to keep the "dust" from settling to the bottom. A few drops of nail polish thinner solves that problem, and it certainly shouldn't stop anyone from purchasing it. I still find it dries fairly quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely prismatic silver glitter suspended in a clear base. I love to add this over neutral, work-friendly polish for a glint of holographic sparkles. The sparkles wink in the sun or in low light. For those who are having trouble with this polish becoming thick: Simply invest in nail polish thinner, and your problem is solved. Many polishes become thick after the first few uses, and can be revived easily. I find that this is long lasting, when used with a proper topcoat, and does not chip. This is a great basic polish to have in your collection and can be used over any polish. I would highly recommend and would re-purchase if I ran out of this. My favorite polish to use this over is Yummy Mummy by Butter London.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this one. It's incredibly subtle, but adds a gorgeous silver prismatic glitter dust to any manicure. Magical.

It does have a kind of weird formula on the clear base. It's thick and kind of reminds me of rubber cement or some kind of glue. I don't have trouble working with it, but it is very weird. Presumably, the thick base is to suspend the fine glitter.

I haven't had a lot of trouble with this thickening up, as some reviewers have noted. On a couple of occasions, it has seemed a little more "gluey" than others, but a couple of drops of polish thinner fixes it right up. This thickening happens with a lot of polishes, particularly quick-dry top coats, so when I see it happening, I just whip out the thinner and it's all good. There's no need to abandon an otherwise great polish because it thickens; that's what thinner is for. (Note: Do not use acetone or polish remover to thin polish. It may work in the very short term, but it will destroy the polish. Get actual polish thinner!)

I'm also going to add that I have no problem removing this. Lots of glitter polishes and top coats are horribly difficult to remove (and can damage the surface of your nails if you're not careful!), but this is perfectly fine, no worries at all.

I expect to buy this one again. Magical glittery finger bling is hard to resist!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It breaks my heart to say that as much as I love Fairy Dust that I won't be getting it again, and I discourage others from making this mistake.

This nail polish is SO BEAUTIFUL & the first time I used it I was truly bedazzled. Fairy Dust is a very accurate name, the colours of the "dust" are magical. It was a great polish to wear to work to as it was work friendly but still colourful in the light.

The problem is that like others have said, it becomes gluggy after just a few uses. I have worn Fairy Dust a total of twice. Yesterday I went to put it on & was very disappointed in the transformation. It has thickened to the point that it is unable to be used. I find this unacceptable. I could thin it out, but I don't feel that I should have to spend the extra money & purchase a nail polish thinner just to use this polish. Perhaps they should provide one with it?

I'm very sad. If Fairy Dust didn't thicken up it would be an eternal repurchase.

I'm so glad I didn't pay full price & hope that I can find a dupe.

So take heed in my warning, don't buy Fairy Dust. You'll fall in love, but be very very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Nomnynom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately the holo effect isn't that obvious so it looks like plain silver most of the time.
Also the formula is very gloopy and takes very long to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by danimatthews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh wooppeeee! This polish is lovely! I have just purchased my first bottle and know that this will always be a must have in my polish collection.

I have it on today over CG Evening Seduction and it just looks lush! I've posted some pics, I couldn't get them to do this polish justice so if you think they pics are nice then multiply that by 100 and you'll have how this looks in real life.

Seriously if you are in 2 minds then BUY IT! You won't regret it! :) x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ellienails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gone through 2 bottles of fairy dust! Love this color glitter! Looks great over any colored polish..if I mess up my nail polish at all, I just paint a little fairy dust over it and it smooths it out! so awesome!
check out my instagram for my nail growth journey @ellienails

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Fairy Dust is a must have for any nail polish enthusiast. I can't add much to what has already been said about this, it is truly magical. My fave combo so far has been this over OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress. Only downside, it eats thinner, I have to thin it every time I use it.