CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 9/30/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

- moisturizing
- absorbs quickly
- lightweight
- not greasy
- packaging

- no antioxidants

COMMENTS: Great, basic moisturizer. It does the job without feeling heavy or greasy. I have combination skin and this doesn't make the problem worse. I do, however wish it contained antioxidants. That's something that I love having with my MAC moisturizers, but this will be my go-to drugstore pick.

Will repurchase.

on 9/30/2015 9:17:00 PM

I used this and liked it until I found out the dangers of parabens. Needless to say I checked out the label and sure enough they are there!

on 9/30/2015 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using the moisturizing lotion on my face for several years. I like the fact that it doesn't cause any breakout issues and it's good for people with sensitive skin. I regularly use 1% Retinol, 20% Vitamin C and a strong Glycolic serum). This is a nice soothing lotion to have when you want to give your skin a break or if you just want a mild skin product to use daily. My only issue is the price - it's gone up and is a bit pricey at $14.00. Shop around online and you can beat it:)

on 9/17/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this lotion for years and still love it. It’s lightweight, spreads easily and evenly, fragrance-free, absorbs quickly, non-greasy, and won’t clog my pores. I have breakout-prone skin, but this has never caused a breakout on my face. It also won’t interact or interfere with other skincare ingredients like AHA, BHA, or retinol. Even during harsh New York winters, it keeps my skin (face and body) hydrated and comfortable. I thought nothing would replace my beloved Cetaphil cream, but this has done it. I still keep the Cetaphil for my hands and feet for some heavy, rich hydration, but CeraVe is my go-to body and face cream. I will keep buying this. My only con, is that I wish it were readily available in a travel-friendly tube. The pump bottle is great to keep under my sink, but a tube is more convenient to toss in a toiletry bag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Skintype: oily in t zone, dry around chin/mouth area. Prone to whiteheads and clogged pores.

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. I started using it in 2012. I have switched moisturizers multiple times and always end up going back to this. Now the reason I switch is because I get bored and think there may be something better for me, something that absorbs just a tad more. But alas, that is not the case. My skin really loves this stuff. The texture of this lotion is light, non greasy almost watery, but not runny. It leaves my skin feeling hydrated and plump. Every time I switch out of boredom my skin breaks out, i get clogged pores etc... I ultimately end up coming back to this lotion and within a week my skin starts clearing up, irritation disappears, starts looking even and healthy again. For me this lotion is very soothing and healing. It restores my skin back to an almost perfect state. No breakouts, no clogged pores. No annoying, unnecessary scent. I've tried the pm version, but the niacinamide breaks me out, and it feels a tad slimey on my skin. Also, for the amount you get the price is very affordable, a bottle lasts me a little over a year. I apply 2 pea sized drops onto damp skin and massage it in (about half a pump?). I love that I can lock the pump for when I travel. This is the only lotion I pack when I travel, I don't feel guilty using it on my body too since it is not rediculousely expensive. Back in the day I used to use murads skin perfecting lotion, about $30 an ounce, but I would never dare use that on my body too. And for something so simple it was way too expensive per ounce, i hated having to replace it every 3-4 months. So in comparison this one is a steal. It goes on sale fairly often and I can find $2/3 off coupons too; dont recall a time when i paid over $10 for a 6-8 Oz bottle. Even at regular price it is still affordable since it lasts me a full year. I'm not going to list all of the other moisturizers I've tried but it is safe to say that this is my favorite one. I always recommend it to friends and family. I don't know what I will do if it ever gets discontinued. I am a customer for life, I have no choice, lol, my skin loves it!

on 8/28/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

OK, I bought this a week ago. So far, so good... Or I could say great. If my opinion changes, I will edit my review. Anyway, I have sensitive fair skin that dries out easily but is acne prone with the wrong product. I also think I have mild rosacea (the "first level" of it). But I can't say for sure until I visit a dermatologist.

About two months ago, for whatever reason, the right side of my face got dry from the temple down, though not the skin around my eyes. Just that side! I hadn't used a heavy cream since winter (usually just need regular spf moisturizer in the day during the summer), so I tried some Olay night cream I've used in the past during cold months. Yeah, it was perfumy and made that side feel irritated, which didn't usually happen (maybe even more sensitive now than just last year?). Either way the cream didn't make a difference. But after just a week of using this Cerave lotion, that dryness is almost gone! Yes!

I also sometimes get little dry patches, maybe a type of eczema. One started just under my jaw a couple days ago. Started rubbing this lotion in. It's almost gone! With other stuff, it tends to take at least a couple weeks.

I use Olay sensitive skin foaming wash (great cheaper buy IMO, been using it for a couple of years now). I also like to use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid for exfoliation, but stopped using it maybe three months ago when I ran out of it. I decided to forgo using my spf lotion at all, and started using the BHA again once a day on most days and the Cerave morning and night (applying a separate spf product in the day) since last weekend, and I'm happy with that routine so far and liking my skin better. My face feels smoother, and the lotion doesn't make my face feel oily (and it's humid here right now). And my concealer seems to go on and blend in better (I don't use foundation).

I really hope I don't end up breaking out from this, because it's awesome so far. I usually know within a week if something will, but some products may take three weeks to a month.

Worth a try! It seems expensive but really there's a lot of product for the price if you just use it for your face and neck and not all over. I gave it a 2 rating for the Price with that in mind. (Speaking of the body, I love using the Curel Anti-Itch lotion for that.)

on 8/20/2015 9:33:00 AM

After years of using so many high end skincare, I was @ Walgreens and picked this up. To my surprise this works as well as high end products. I use Retin-A, an AHA and my skin is somewhat sensitive and I've had no reaction what so ever. I wish I found this years ago, I would be rich from not spending up to $ 250 for less than 2 oz. of product. I have combo skin, and there is no heavy feeling or any shine. The eye cream is great also. Hope this helps.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is just a useless moisturizer. I assumed I wasn't going to like it because I usually dislike these derm approved products such as Cetaphil, Purpose, Aveno and Simple. They all cause reactions to my skin. But, after reviewing some youtube videos, I decided to give this a try. This lotion broke me out and it dried out my skin to the point of it being itchy and flaky. I actually hate this stuff! It caused my skin to become so irritated. I think possibly it is the alcohol content in this. A few forms of alcohol is listed in the ingredients. That and oddly enough, hyaluronic acid will cause my skin to dry out. As for the breakouts? I'm not sure, it could be the cholesterol that is listed in the ingredients. Back to using jojoba oil. Jojoba oil seems to be the best thing for my skin as so far as moisturizers go. I just don't particularly care for it under foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If I could legally marry a moisturizer honestly, itd be this one. I will repurchase this for the rest of my life and probably buy back-up stocks for my future children and my childrens children who may or may not be (unluckily) born with the same skin concerns as me.

First off, my skin type? Acne-prone, very oily all over, prone to clogging, slightly sensitive, medium complexion, etc.
Skin concerns: Hyper-pigmentation, light scarring, uneven skin, light-moderate acne, very oily skin, clogged pores, dry patches due to acne medication. (*cries* such a long list.)

This moisturizer cured my dry, irritated, reddened, filled with dry patches-oily-acne-prone skin! Every moisturizer I tried, prior to this, seemed to sting and just make my skin feel worse. It wasnt until my dermatologist recommended this to me when I finally met my skins saviour.

Product claims: Moisturizes, restores and maintains protective skin barrier with ceramides and hyaluronic acid. Non-comedogenic, non-irritating.

The amazing this is, YES, it does everything it claims to do which is pretty, damn amazing, if you ask me! My skin just cannot seem to get enough of this stuff. I got my 51 year-old mom hooked on it too.

It keeps my skin plump, hydrated, and moisturizes it evenly and thoroughly. It is nowhere near irritating and it does not cause breakouts or clogged pores for me. It feels gentle, moderately light (not too heavy). I use it in the AM and PM and it makes my make-up go on very smoothly. It doesnt make my skin any oilier than it naturally is yet gives it the adequate moisture that it needs.

During the winter months, especially in Canada, you may need to give this baby a back-up friend such as moisturizing masks, serums, or its cream counterpart! It still keeps my skin pretty moisturized but winter in Canada is tough to battle so I like to add a moisturizing mask to help this.

For the price at $15 for 355ml, it's worth it for all good stuff it contains.
You can tell how great of a moisturizer it is just by looking at its ingredients.
Ceramides: This is naturally present in the upper layers of our skin. They help the skin retain water but also helps repair the skins natural barrier and regulates its cells. We produce less of this as we age which can lead to dry skin, wrinkles, and some types of dermatitis. There are studies that show it helps repair the skin barrier, protect it from future attack, improve skin moisture, and much more. The ceramides penetrate and moisturize from within much better when they are in optimal mixture of: 50% ceramides, 25% cholesterol, 15% free fatty acids. Cerave has these key ingredients: Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Cholesterol, Phytosphingosine

Hyaluronic Acid: Its basically a large sugar that can hold over 500-1000x its weight in water making it ideal for our body to use to hydrate tissues. It helps the skin stay plump and wrinkle free. Over time, our bodies produce less of this which can cause wrinkles. It doesnt need to penetrate the skin in order to do its work but it does need to stay on the surface of the skin (a leave-on product, like a moisturizer rather than a facial wash or toner.)

Needless to say, this is my holy grail moisturizer and Ive been using it for years now. Havent had a problem with dry patches since. Love, love, love! Please give this a try, it may or may not work for you, but if it does, youll never look at another moisturizer again, seriously.

This is one of my very favorite body lotions, right up there with Crem de Corps (that's my #1 HG) Practically everything breaks me out and irritates my skin but this doesn't. Really affordable as well. Recommended!

Popular Moisturizers