CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I straight up adore this product with unfailing love. I use this as my facial moisturizer morning and night.

I cannot count how many moisturizers I have tried with all the bells and whistles and fancy packaging. My skin is dry with a normal T-zone and I am acne prone. I never found a proper moisturizer for my skin until this one. I alternated between Mario Badescu and Kiehl's for years, but in the winter months I always struggled so much because I got horrible dry patches with tight skin, then I break out, and it's just a horrible cycle.

I started using this Cerave Lotion in December. I did not have any major dry patches this winter (only a few tiny minor ones from spot treatments), and my skin feels like it is finally properly moisturized. I can't explain it, I just love how it feels and my skin looks so much better, so supple and soft. I also have not had any major breakouts since using this but I know that is mostly because of some other products I've been using. But with this lotion, I think my combination of skin care products is finally the right fit for me (finally after 10 years of experimenting!)

By the way, I am still using the same bottle from December and there is probably about 25% still left. And this is after using it morning and night including the neck.

My mom works at a dermotalogist's office and she says the CeraVe representative who comes in has the most beautiful skin (for a middle-aged woman) that she has ever seen. She asked the lady what her secret it, and of course- she diligently uses the entire CeraVe line. I started using it (the am lotion and the foaming cleanser) when I got pregnant. I had terrible hormonal acne- and after 2 weeks of using Cerave, my skin was like a 10 year old's.

I started using this moisturizing lotion a week ago-mixing it with my sunless tanning lotion and applying it to my face and neck at night. Another fantastic product by Cerave!!

on 4/14/2015 11:47:00 AM

First off, I have hypersensitive, acne prone skin. I have both the lotion version and the cream version of this. I don't really use the cream version on my face since it does contain petrolatum. I like how this lotion is very smooth and light in consistency. It's immediately absorbed into my skin. (I have tried the Cetaphil brand and I don't care for it at all. I find that it just "coats" the skin but doesn't really do anything to moisturize - it doesn't penetrate into the skin to retain moisture. Once i wash it off, my skin feels very dry). BUT with CeraVe, I do feel my skin is moisturized! Even after washing, my skin doesn't feel tight like it did with Cetaphil. They also have a BABY version of this lotion that is paraben free. I use that as an eye cream since it's a pretty light moisturizer. I tried it for the face but i don't find it moisturizing enough. Both products works very well and doesn't cause me any breakouts which is a huge plus since due to my skin type, pretty much everything breaks me out! Overall, I'm becoming a huge fan of the CeraVe line! I definitely will be repurchasing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not really impressed. Doesn't provide enough moisture for my face or body, and it takes a while to sink in on my legs. It leaves a white cast that I have to keep rubbing in. I just don't get the hype. Maybe the cream is better, but if you have dry skin, this isn't your lotion at all. I prefer Nivea Q10 for my body and my usual department-store moisturizer for my face.

on 3/19/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've only used this as body lotion and I was really disappointed. I got it based on reviews, but I didn't read that people used it for a facial moisturizer. For the price it is, I expected to do much better. I've been trying to find a replacement for Cetaphil after finding out I'm allergic to macadamias. it doesn't do harm, but it doesn't do much good. I get dry skin easily since I bathe frequently and live in a dry climate. This just barely food anything to help for me, but wouldn't be moisturizing enough even using it every day. I think it says recommended for eczema, I don't see it doing much for that. I haven't experienced this bad of skin for years and it was enough to make me go get a Curel that works better and costs half. I feel like I might as well had used Suave.

on 3/5/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this on my face several years ago and it gave me a very bad sty that took a month to dissolve. I recently bought it again and tried it on my legs. Within an hour they were red (and this is not the one with niacinamide which does cause heat/redness), they didn't feel hot but they looked veiny, all the marks were more pronounced, DRY, and flaky. The skin was super thin. I washed it off and reapplied St.Ives Vitamin E lotion and it is pretty good. It is not causing redness (and E can do that) and it is dry in no time so it feels like the legs can still breathe. Not sure if zi like it either but I know I don'tlike the CeraVe. !2.00 STILL GOT THE RECEIPT. Not for me. This stuff is just like the serum Olay had about 5 or 10 yrs ago that also caused white bumps on people. Sooner or later you will get them, everyone does. It clogs the pores I don't care what the derms say. they have to say something and most of them are not very interested in helping someone that really needs help. Actually way too many doctors aren't interested in it even though that is what they are supposed to be doing. They just want to go to work and not work at what they are claiming to be working at. Helping people. Once you find a caring doctor stay with that one!

on 3/5/2015 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an excellent moisturizer, and I also use this on my face. I agree that there is little difference between this and the PM facial moisturizer except that this costs less when you consider the size of the container. The only difference I could find in the ingredients is niacinamide In the PM moisturizer, which is supposed to help calm sensitive skin. I have super sensitive combination skin and this product moisturizers well and is easily absorbed into my skin. I love it. And I have no problem using this under my sunscreen and powder foundation.

on 3/3/2015 12:48:00 AM

Good overall product; I have sensitive skin and this doesn't bother me. When I'm really dry, it doesn't do quite enough. But it never feels slick or irritating.

on 2/28/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this as my daytime moisturizer for 3 years. Yes, the body lotion. I checked the ingredients and CeraVe's night moisturizing lotion (not the cream) is almost identical.

It's great. Very hydrating, dries matte, never irritates or breaks me out, is fragrance free, lasts months since I only use it on my face and neck, and basically does everything I need a basic facial moisturizer to do. This is a Holy Grail/crutch product that I can't fathom living without, love it, A+++ moisturizer, will moisturizer again.

Packaging--I love that the pump always locks and never leaks, even when I'm traveling and take the full-size bottle with me.

on 2/23/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I feel also this is very overrated, I found it thick, impossible to use under makeup , I don't like the texture nor the smell..it might be thick, but I didn't fnd it nourishing for my dry skin...I know this brand is very popular, I have the cleanser and it is ok, nothing more...I feel there are better choices out there, at least for me..I just don't care for the texture of the Cerave products!