Shu Uemura Drawing Pencil

4.1

on 5/14/2015 11:37:00 AM

I have specifically created an account to write a post on my experience with the drawing pencil'. Firstly, I bought it based on the reviews before their 2014 remake, so I bought it in store without really testing out it (my fault i know but the reviews seemed to be so great and She Uemura is such an amazing brand).

However, whilst using it at home I've come to realise it is by far the WORST pencil eyeliner i have ever used, its becomes blunt as soon as you put any pressure on it. You have to continuously sharpen it to be able to use as it end someone gets pushed further into the pencil, by now its size half of what it was over the duration of 3 weeks and I've hardly really use it. For the price your paying, go some where else. I love my expensive makeup brands and splurging on little treats such as eyeliners is nice, but knowing that your buying a product for 4x the drug store price is unnecessary when its just so terrible and will drive you mad.

on 4/30/2015 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bring back the old formula!! Shu Uemura Drawing Pencil was used to be my HG eyeliner. Rich color, great staying power, glided on smoothly, finished with one stroke, and didnt smudge. It was like heaven.

But in 2014 Shu changed the formula and expaneded some new shades, and this eyeliner turned from fantastic to garbage! The tip is too soft that it goes blunt easily. The result is it needs to be sharpened half a dozen times before I can finish a complete line. Every morning I get mad because this rubbish eyeliner consumes much of my time, makes me keep correcting and rubbing off my eyeline (the color stays once it set). And it forms flakes too. This eyeliner dries out much faster than the old one after opening. Just 3 weeks and the eyeliner has already been used half (I do makeup on weekdays). Rubbish. The price of this eyeliner is quite steep, but I am willing to pay more only to have the old formula back. Now it is time to say sayonara to Shu. The search starts again :(

on 5/28/2014 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this eyeliner in black based on the postive reviews here and was not disappointed. It definitely has staying power, although it has a waxy texture in order to adhere to the skin. As a result, it doesn't blend well. This eyeliner is best for drawing lines, hence the name. If you're used to smudging and blending your eyeliner into your eyeshadow like I am, this will not budge much once you've applied it. Compared to my current eyeliner, UD 24/7 Zero, they are about equal in color but the UD has more slip and smudges more.

on 6/7/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Does not budge, and I have very oily lids. Rich colour lasts the whole day, so no checking in the mirror for raccoon eyes. Does what eye liners are supposed to do.

on 5/6/2011 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall: An excellent eyeliner which strikes a balance between being long wearing and blendable. I always use NARS Smudge Proof Primer to keep my eye makeup in place all day but generally experience some fading towards the end of the day. My liner stays in place with good strong colour until I'm ready to remove it. I can sharpen it to create a crisp line, or apply it and blend with a smudge brush or blender to create something softer. It also blends well to create a base for other shadows. So, no complaints at all. I have it in M Brown 02 which is a rich, dark chocolate brown.

Price: 15.50. As I always buy high-end cosmetics, I'm used to paying a premium but overall I find that all Shu products are very well priced considering their quality.

Packaging Quality - excellent, simplistic.

Would I buy this again?: Yes, absolutely.

on 4/27/2011 4:50:00 AM

I am definitely satisfied with this product! I bought ME Brown and this is by far my best eyeliner. Having the oiliest of lids, I tend to smudge a lot (tried using MAC Powerpoint, Bobbie Brown gel liner, Dior - they all smudged in about an hour or two) but this is the only product that stayed with me. Very easy to apply to boot. Will definitely buy again.

on 4/24/2011 2:38:00 AM

Even though this is expensive, this is by far my favorite eyeliner of all time. I bought ME Brown 02 and it is my go-to, everyday, natural-looking eyeliner. Even on my very oily lids (where even waterproof formulas fail), this seems to stay almost all day without migrating below my bottom lashes. The pencil is slightly smudgy, because it's soft it's hard to get a very precise line, but I prefer slightly smudgy for myself anyways. My only complaint is that it is very hard to sharpen since it's so soft.

on 10/25/2010 10:43:00 AM

Smudges very badly.

on 9/25/2010 7:00:00 PM

bought the me black today and tested it on the upper waterline on one eye so that i could compare the smudge factor.

took some time to tightlight the upper eyelid (might be cause it was brand new) but once on, did not smudge once and i've been wearing it for around 5 hours so far. = D finally found a product to replace my anessa eye liner (as it is discontinued and was only sold in japan >_<)

on 9/13/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in ME Black (or something like that - that is greyish-charcoal with shimmer) and although I love the colour it is a horrible eyeliner. It smudges like crazy which I cannot stand. Not using it up - in the garbage it goes. I do not like raccoon eyes within a few MINUTES of wear. Not repurchasng.

Top Rated Shu Uemura Products