October 20, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Satellite Dreams

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of my favorite purples. The formula isn't the BEST there is, but the color makes up for it. I like that this isn't a super bright and intense color. It's more of a soft purple, but at the same time it's still fun and noticeable. This looks good all over the lid, on the lower lashline, pretty much everywhere. again, the pigmentation isn't great. but if you like the color, its worth the extra effort to apply this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

This is one of those shadows that I purchased on a whim and I am sooo glad I did. I usually use Cover Girl Forever Fig as my go-to purple shadow... but It's been getting harder and harder to find in my area. So I popped into MAC one day, found this and decided to give it a go.
I have to say, at first, it goes on a shimmery, light- almost pastel- purple color which I am not used to; I usually go for darker colors. But it REALLY makes my hazel/brown eyes POP. I layer mac's Black Tied over EVERYTHING, and this is no exception. It makes it come to the PERFECT purple color that doesn't scream "Hey notice me!". It is very versatile, and I love shadows that can be manipulated.
In my experience, all of MAC's shadows have incredible staying power and never crease on my almond/asian eyes. and this is no exception. Is definitley part of my permanent collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I'm Persian, and I have extremely dark brown eyes, almost bordering on black. I love emphasising my eyes and I'm having a huge love affair with purples at the minute. I've tried Urban Decay's 'Fishnet' and it's identical dupe MAC 'Stars 'N' Rockets' but wanted a shade of purple that wasn't quite as bright. Satellite Dreams is just everything I wanted it to be - a cool shimmery purple with slight lavender undertones. It's not too dark, like Nocturnelle nor too light, like Parfait Amour. It's a Veluxe Pearl and has fabulous pigmentation. I apply it with my 239 brush, gently packing it on, I never need to use too much. For everyday, I use Urban Decay 'Sin' or MAC 'Stars 'N' Rockets' in my inner corner, Satellite Dreams all over the lid and crease and blend thoroughly with Wedge. My MakeupGeek gel liner in 'Amethyst' compliments Satellite Dreams wonderfully. But for night-time, I basically repeat my everyday look but add Trax to the outer corner, Urban Decay 'Fishnet' in the crease and use either Nylon or Ricepaper to blend everything. Then I add MAC Liquidlast liner to my upper lashline and use Blacktrack fluidline on my waterline. Such a versatile and pretty eyeshadow, brown eyed girls, you NEED to try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is a medium purple with a veluxe pearl finish. You can use it as a lid colour or a creasy colour. I was looking for a midtone purple and tried parfait amour which looked BLUE! Anyways I picked this one up and it is everything I was expecting. This isn't as pigmented as some other I have but it is workable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I love this shadow. I also have a penchant for purple eye shadows. I LOVE DEM! Now, don't get it twisted - this is NOT for your crease! It's not the solid royal purple shadow you would expect from say, Sugarpill. This is an ethereal cool toned plum that is sheer enough to use on your lid even during the day. It can be layered for a brighter pop of color, but it will never be a "heavy" or opaque shadow on its own. This looks lovely over MAC's Black-something paint pot. I like to pair it with Idol Eyes or Vex in the inner corner, and a darker plum shadow like Smut in the crease.

I have blue eyes, and I prefer this color over Parfait Amour every time. It is one of my favorite purples. I recommend it to cool toned girls with blue, green, or brown eyes who are looking for a gentle entry into the land of purple eye shadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by kbur084

This color does not show up on my lid at all!. Don't be fooled by makeup artists or online swatches, eyeshadows actually swatch very differently to you're arm than on you're lid. It can also depend on the kind of brush you use, what primer you're using and how MANY layers you put on. If you spend this amount of money on an eyeshadow thats supposively PROFFESSIONAL quality, top of the line etc etc you should not have to put so much efford to get the color onto you're lid. This is what some makeup artists who work for specific brands (in my experience) have done with these kind of products, i have bought terrible eyeshadows before thinking they were good quality not realising how many layers that the MUA applied, or that they were using such and such a primer and wetting an expensive brush -.-

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by OpinonA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this purple.... perfect for my hazel eyes! Silvery/purple just what I was looking for

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A gorgeous purple that really brings out the green in my hazel eyes. I use it on my lids and underneath my bottom lashline paired with MAC's Stars N Rockets on my brow bone.
Perfect for both a day and night look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a gorgeous lavender purple. It's a midtone, cool purple with a subtle shimmer to it, which gives off a silvery impression. It goes on effortlessly and looks creamy and bright. Depending on the application (light/heavy hand), it can be anything between a soft wash of color and a statement look. In any case, it looks very flattering on my NC25 skintone - either as an overall purple haze, or as a beautiful purple gem on the lids. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by willhe2020

this is nice with the right brush you could tern this in to pink and a few other shades