October 30, 2014 | 1130 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i think this stuff is great! i bought 11 - very intense black to touch up my roots. the last clairol brand black i tried made my hair turn a little blue and i was a little anxious to try this one. im so relieved to say that this black shade is neutral, no blue undertones!
my friend dyed my hair and didnt complain about the formula (so i cant say anything about application). however the color is great, the price was fantastic ($6 cdn), coverage was great as well as rinsing. no burning, not bad smelling. the only downside was the packaging of the conditioner but forgivable given the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I dyed my hair with Garnier Belle Colour in Light Ash Blonde. I used ash blonde to dye my black hair to a dark chocolate brown. The colour does not show well. Honestly, the back of my hair looks just like my natural hair colour. The top of my hair definitely shows a medium dark brown colour. I will not be repurchasing this :(

Edit: So, my take is if you want a very natural hair colour, go for Belle Colour. I wanted something a little more than that. I've heard your new hair colour may fade in the beginning so maybe my hair will even out. Will update.

Edit April 23, 2014: I ended fixing my hair with their Garnier Nutrisse line, it works more intense than Belle Colour :) The colour is called very light ash blonde and my hair is a milk-dark chocolate colour <3

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

This doesn't do much of a change. It slightly lightens hair but that's about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by MissSmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this for $4.99 CAD on sale (normally $8.49 I think) at Shoppers Drug Mart. I got 550 Dark Red Auburn with cranberry extract (there's one without cranberry). I have naturally black Chinese hair and the box showed it would turn to this nice, not too bright or too dull red in 20min. I had it on for at least 1 hour and about 20min and it turned out pretty different than the box. It's not as bright and is not very obvious. The instructions didn't say anything about wrapping tin foil around but I know it helps make the colour richer. However I didn't wrap tin foil around but i figured it would be the same if i kept it in so much longer. It's noticeable and easily seen in light. However these weren't the results they showed. I wanted it brighter and the packaging showed it brighter. I would not purchase this line of Garnier Belle Color again because I do not trust the final colour shown on the packaging which basically takes away from the product obviously. The price is good if it worked better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by OxygenCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! DO NOT BUY! I've dyed my hair many successful times in the past. My hair is thin and dyes very easily. I followed the directions exactly and my hair is exactly the same color as it was before (I know this because I compared it to what was in my brush at the time). There was 0% difference.

I seriously made an account on this site just to write this review.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by bmtmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for mahogany brown #45. I had high hopes for this colour as I've used the dark brown before and had great results. My mom uses the blonde shades often and her hair always turns out great with no yellow or brassiness. To be fair my hair was coloured a medium golden brown (different brand) previously but I hated the gold tones so I wanted to add a little red back in. I applied this easily enough. The colour in the bottle looked greige at first and then turned to dark purple. On my head it looked pylon orange at the scalp but darkened up everywhere else. I left it on a little longer as I have resistant white hairs. I found it to rinse out easily (the key here is to add water and lather lather lather before you rinse). The conditioner sucks. I used it but had to use a richer one on my ends because my hair felt pretty straw like. Once I blowdried it to see the colour I wasn't impressed. Not much red to be had folks. There is a slight tinge but I wanted something a little more darker and intense. I knew I should have went with the Natural Instincts Cherry Creme. My hair feels like crap too. Yuck. It's been over a week and my hair isn't feeling any better. I think I'm going to do a vitamin C/shampoo treatment to lift this colour up a bit and go back to Natural Instincts, which I always like. No idea why I ever look at any other colour. Also, the bottom couple inches of my hair did not take the reddish tone at all and is still gold. Booooo!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by MakeMag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this brand for the first time with 7.1 (dark ash blonde) on my uncoloured, medium blond hair. . I do not know what it is, but all of the companies that make hair colourants, seem to struggle with a definition of the adjective "ASH". They all say that is a cool colour, will erase yellow undertones, etc. But none of them does it. Instead, they all give you plenty of yellowishness, orangeness or redness - depending on a tone of blonde you choose. And it's the same with Garnier. Straight after colouring, mu hair looks like...nothing...just a dark, no tone, no gloss. The best way to describe it, is, it's that what you see if you put a mushroom upside down. After a third wash, it looks like in the picture from the box, which would be fine, if not the fact that it is nothing like ash. But if you like the colour, despite misleading description, there are some good news - it'll stay like this for ages. Good or bad for Garnier? Well Overall, very good product, long lasting effect, but they should update their definition of "ash".

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not nearly enough conditioner ... the result was that dying my hair darker (i.e. no lifting agents) actually fried my hair! Bullcrap.