Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.1

on 5/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I wanted an ash blonde ombre and I bought this in light ah blonde because the price was right.

I bleached my dark brown hair to a bright yellow/ gingery color before and then I wanted to take off the brassy tones. Mind you, my hair was around the light blonde shade in the before section so I was expecting great results... Or at least ashy results. I left it in my hair for around 25 minutes and then washed it out.

It turned my hair DARKER and very orange!! No words can describe how upset I am with this. I don't mind the fact that it made it a little darker compared to the fact that it made my bleached ends orange! Never using this again brand again!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this hair dye in 20-Brownish Black.
My hair has been dyed red 3 times in (20 volume crème developer) and I had been wanting to go dark on my hair. These were around $5 a box or so and I bought 2 boxes to fully saturate my hair. It worked great! Kept it on for 45 mins, washed out with no problem, my hair also did not become very damaged. Of course, there is still slight tones of red but that is only from my previous coloring. The only thing I recommend is to make sure you have enough hair dye for your hair to be saturated completely.
Overall, this stuff does the job and is really not too much money.

on 10/5/2014 12:45:00 PM

i think this stuff is great! i bought 11 - very intense black to touch up my roots. the last clairol brand black i tried made my hair turn a little blue and i was a little anxious to try this one. im so relieved to say that this black shade is neutral, no blue undertones!
my friend dyed my hair and didnt complain about the formula (so i cant say anything about application). however the color is great, the price was fantastic ($6 cdn), coverage was great as well as rinsing. no burning, not bad smelling. the only downside was the packaging of the conditioner but forgivable given the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dyed my hair with Garnier Belle Colour in Light Ash Blonde. I used ash blonde to dye my black hair to a dark chocolate brown. The colour does not show well. Honestly, the back of my hair looks just like my natural hair colour. The top of my hair definitely shows a medium dark brown colour. I will not be repurchasing this :(

Edit: So, my take is if you want a very natural hair colour, go for Belle Colour. I wanted something a little more than that. I've heard your new hair colour may fade in the beginning so maybe my hair will even out. Will update.

Edit April 23, 2014: I ended fixing my hair with their Garnier Nutrisse line, it works more intense than Belle Colour :) The colour is called very light ash blonde and my hair is a milk-dark chocolate colour <3

on 12/29/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This doesn't do much of a change. It slightly lightens hair but that's about it.

on 6/30/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for $4.99 CAD on sale (normally $8.49 I think) at Shoppers Drug Mart. I got 550 Dark Red Auburn with cranberry extract (there's one without cranberry). I have naturally black Chinese hair and the box showed it would turn to this nice, not too bright or too dull red in 20min. I had it on for at least 1 hour and about 20min and it turned out pretty different than the box. It's not as bright and is not very obvious. The instructions didn't say anything about wrapping tin foil around but I know it helps make the colour richer. However I didn't wrap tin foil around but i figured it would be the same if i kept it in so much longer. It's noticeable and easily seen in light. However these weren't the results they showed. I wanted it brighter and the packaging showed it brighter. I would not purchase this line of Garnier Belle Color again because I do not trust the final colour shown on the packaging which basically takes away from the product obviously. The price is good if it worked better.

on 4/19/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! DO NOT BUY! I've dyed my hair many successful times in the past. My hair is thin and dyes very easily. I followed the directions exactly and my hair is exactly the same color as it was before (I know this because I compared it to what was in my brush at the time). There was 0% difference.

I seriously made an account on this site just to write this review.

on 4/3/2013 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

on 10/25/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is for mahogany brown #45. I had high hopes for this colour as I've used the dark brown before and had great results. My mom uses the blonde shades often and her hair always turns out great with no yellow or brassiness. To be fair my hair was coloured a medium golden brown (different brand) previously but I hated the gold tones so I wanted to add a little red back in. I applied this easily enough. The colour in the bottle looked greige at first and then turned to dark purple. On my head it looked pylon orange at the scalp but darkened up everywhere else. I left it on a little longer as I have resistant white hairs. I found it to rinse out easily (the key here is to add water and lather lather lather before you rinse). The conditioner sucks. I used it but had to use a richer one on my ends because my hair felt pretty straw like. Once I blowdried it to see the colour I wasn't impressed. Not much red to be had folks. There is a slight tinge but I wanted something a little more darker and intense. I knew I should have went with the Natural Instincts Cherry Creme. My hair feels like crap too. Yuck. It's been over a week and my hair isn't feeling any better. I think I'm going to do a vitamin C/shampoo treatment to lift this colour up a bit and go back to Natural Instincts, which I always like. No idea why I ever look at any other colour. Also, the bottom couple inches of my hair did not take the reddish tone at all and is still gold. Booooo!

Popular Hair Color Products