April 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Masks - Sea Salt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lovelydana

So, a few days ago after reading great things about sea salt for acne, I decided to try it out. What I do is fill a small spray bottle about 1/4 the way full with natural sea salt (I got mine for like $2 at Target!), and then fill to the top with warm water. Then, I shake it up until all of the salt has dissolved. Morning and night, I spray a generous amount all over my face after cleansing. I leave it on for about 3 minutes, and then blot the excess off with some toilet tissue. I don't rinse it off! In the morning, I'll apply my moisturizer after it dries all the way.

Right now, it's day 4 (or 5?), and my skin has been doing nothing but clearing up! My forehead only has a few tiny bumps, and I have a few spots on my cheeks/mouth area that are still clearing up. I definitely noticed a purge starting after the second or third day, but it was nothing too bad. I've also noticed that I don't have to apply as much moisturizer anymore! For the first few days, I feel like the salt was dehydrating my skin, but now it seems to have a slight moisturizing effect! This morning I didn't even have to moisturize! I'll definitely keep using and update you guys!

UPDATE (AFTER 2 WEEKS):
Still loving it! My skin has been looking better and better as the days go on. I do still get random breakouts, but nothing compared to what I used to get. I've noticed that it is more effective if I don't follow up with a moisturizer. Morning and night, I'll just wash my face, apply my sea salt toner, and I'm good for the day/night. I've also started applying the mixture with a cotton pad rather than spraying it on. I like the light exfoliation from the cotton pad. I've also noticed that my skin feels a lot softer and smoother. I'm hoping my complexion keeps improving as I continue with this routine! I'll update again in a week or so!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by saldiamond

So far, i've tried this only twice, but i'm so impressed.

i always get big juicy whiteheads (ew i know lol) and 1 or 2 cysts around that time of the month, and usually i just have to let time do its job and the pimples will calm down in a week or so. this time, two whiteheads burst while i was washing my face, and i don't know why but i came up with the idea to put diluted sea salt on them to disinfect them. i then covered them with a bandaid and went to bed.

usually the next morning they would still be raised pimples without the pus, but this time they were totally flat! one of them i couldn't even tell where it was o:

totally amazing. i'm going to try it a few more times and update my review, hence the 3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Oh yeah this works. I've been dealing with a serious, out-of-the-blue, unrelenting acne breakout for the last 2-3 weeks. I honestly forgot how frustrating a serious breakout can be, I had been enjoying good-to-excellent skin for a long stretch of time up until recently. Anyway, long story short, I read about the Sea Salt Mask here on the Product Reviews and out of sheer desperation I gave it a try.
I dissolved a large amount of sea salt (just stuff from my kitchen) into a bowl of hot water, dipped my Shiseido cottons into the mixture and applied all over. And it stung. It stung so badly I almost washed it off immediately, but I waited it out and just let it dry. Rinsed with cleanser after about thirty minutes and moisturized as usual.
This is drying. Absolutely. But what acne treatment isn't drying? That's just the name of the game. The point is one day later my blemishes are all shriveled up, drying out, and peeling off. My skin overall looks smoother and more even, it's almost given me a peeling-effect but without all the post-peeling trauma. I am so glad I tried this. Don't be scared- give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use a water/seasalt dilution as a toner that I do rinse after 5 - 30 minutes later.... and moisturize as needed. Sea salt can be healthy for you.... particularly topically and SEA salt. just look into it biochemically. I noticed the clearing of my complexion every time I traveled seaside, California, isle of Skye, Vancouver....

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by llizron

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not use Salt on your face!!! Salt is bad news...you will end up with dehydrated skin and horrible texture!!! beware!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

WHAT THE EVERLOVING MEATBALL.

This has almost COMPLETELY cleared up my face!!!!!

Here are the steps I take to using salt in my face routine:

1. Take a small bowl, fill with hot water,and pour in salt. Don't be shy with it people, pour in a butt load of that salt, to where you think it's excessive. Go big or go home.

2. Mix it up and let it sit for a minute, so as to make sure all the salt is dissolved.

3. Take a cotton ball and dip it into the salt water, use it all over that beautiful face of yours, or just as a spot treatment.

4. When using it all over the face, don't rinse immediately, seriously, hold your horses. continue rubbing into your face for a while for maximum benefits. When using it as a spot treatment, leave the cotton ball on the blemish for 3 minutes. Take out a magazine, browse some social media, conquer your enemies, whatever you want to do in that three minutes, do it. You can do anything you lovely reader, you. Believe in yourself.

5. After you remove the cotton ball, and finish following your dreams, there is no need to rinse any salt water left on the blemish. Just leave it on there, apply your daily moisturizer, and continue living your life to the fullest.

I have seen results from this in as little as a 12 hours. When using it as a spot treatment, you will notice that after you remove the cotton ball, the blemish will appear significantly smaller. But don't get too excited my friend, it isn't THAT immediate, and the blemish will get larger again, but don't worry when that happens, because the salt is already working to remove bacteria inside the blemish! So rest assured that you will have great results later!

This is my go to blemish buster, and I hope it works for you too :D

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mooseyroach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't use sea salt on it's own because it can be really drying. I mix a teaspoon of sea salt, a teaspoon of honey and a couple of drops of tea tree oil and mix into a paste. It's a really good "healing" mask and is good for clearing up spots. Because sea salt is quite abrasive I put it on really gently, I leave it on for a good twenty minutes and then wash it off with water, I find that washing it off exfoliates my skin well because the salt is rubbing against my skin. Again I do this gently, I washed it off like I would a normal cleanser and I ended up with scratches all over my face! For people with dry skin this mask is good because sea salt can be quite drying but the honey counteracts that

Oh, I also sometimes add sea salt into my bath if I'm having a long soak :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Monzika

I don't use this as a mask, because my skin is sensitive this would irritate it too much. Instead I make a paste/scrub using sea salt and a little bit of boiled or distilled water. I apply the scrub to my nose and put small amounts on pimples or general problem areas.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by meg94

I was so excited to try this after seeing all the good reviews. I have had moderate acne since I was 14 and I'm 19 now. I have been using sea salt for a week. Every morning and night I pour some warm water into a bowl and dissolve about 2 tsps of sea salt into it. Usually until the water is cloudy and tastes a bit salty. Then with a cotton ball I swab it all over my face and let it air dry before applying my moisturizer. The first couple days I noticed improvement. There was less redness, and although pimples weren't shrinking and red marks weren't fading, I figured they would get better in time. But my face was very even and just looked nice. Then it went downhill from there. I haven't changed anything and yet my face is not reacting too well. Whiteheads are popping up all over my face, as well as more pimples and redness. My red marks, which were fading, although slowly, have gotten WORSE. I can't believe this, because when I go to the beach, my skin also clears up very nicely. But this has no doubt made my skin a lot worse. I guess Im just one of the very few people this did not work for. I would continue, hoping Im just purging, but this is way too much of a drastic change in my skin for me to continue using this. At least it was really cheap, so I guess its worth a try considering all the good reviews on here. I'm just unlucky I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wish I had discovered this sooner! I had run out of bicarbonate of soda, and I wanted to make a mask to deep clean and treat some spots I had. So I decided to try out a sea salt maks. I used Maldon salt. Wow, the results were impressive. Skin looked clearer and blemishes had toned down. Also my pores have shrunk dramatically! I now use it as a toner twice a day, and the condition of my skin has changed so much already after just a few days. Pores and smaller, more even skin tone, blemishes are clearing up and scars are fading.