March 2, 2015 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2015 5:27:00 PM More reviews by propertyS

I usually never review anything, but thought that I should forewarn others.

I do not have sensitive skin, but do break out with common things (MAC foundations, accidentally falling asleep with makeup on). This cleanser broke me out so badly that I just want to hide inside a cave. Though I may be exaggerating a bit, I have pimples in areas that I usually would not have breakouts. I couldn't pinpoint what was exactly breaking me out at first, whether it be stress, diet, etc but I started getting many many whiteheads, which is very uncommon for me. I didn't think this was causing breakouts because it took three months for it to actually have an effect on my skin.

It removes makeup well, even waterproof eye makeup. However, it was inconvenient that it had to be used on a dry face. I didn't like the white film it left and my face felt quite dry. Still, I thought because it was removing my makeup so well and because others loved it so much, I would continue to use it. Olive oil sounds great for the skin, so I thought why not? Fast forward a few months and now I can't leave the house without makeup on and have two huge pimples in combination with many reasonable sized ones and whiteheads. Very disappointed with the price, packaging and results of this product. ABSOLUTE REGRET.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2015 9:58:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I do not understand the hype with this product. The main ingredient is olive oil, which even when organic retails for a fraction of the price. There is also a lot of other junk ingredients in this product that I cannot understand. This may be very effective like many oil cleansers, but I do not think that this is a unique or special product given the ingredients list.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 9:56:00 AM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't figure out why I haven't reviewed this product before. I've been using it (faithfully!) for going on 4 years now. It removes my makeup, rinses off cleanly (no oily residue!) and when I take the time to massage it in, it loosens my clogs and I can actually feel the hardened grains of sebum as I massage it in. I think that is incredible! It doesn't break me out and doesn't require a second cleanser although I still generally use one to cleanse the skin. I do feel that this is geared more towards oily/combination skin types since it feels slightly drying on my skin so keep that in mind if your considering it! Otherwise, for oily, combination acne-prone skin, I cannot sing it's praises enough! It's a lifesaver!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Shoequeen40

I received a DHC catalog a few years ago and this was one of the samples. At first I was hesitant about using oil to clean my combo skin, but decided to give it a try. After that, I was hooked and have been using it faithfully ever since. It is worth the price because a little goes a long way, one pump is all you need. I don't even need any eye makeup remover because this works so very well at removing mascara. And it has never caused my skin to break out or to become overly oily.

I like to massage it into my face and then hold a hot facecloth over my face to steam everything out of my pores. I then wipe it off and follow up my cleansing routine with the Pure Soap my DHC. How can I tell these products work well at removing everything? I follow up with applying witch hazel with a cotton ball and I never see any leftover residue on the cotton.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2015 12:26:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly don't get the hype about this product! I finally managed to try it , because there are so many great reviews here. But for me it is just cr@p. Leaves my skin very dry, irritated and clogged! Plus it is expensive. I've tried better cleansing oils than this, cheaper and more effective. Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 4:47:00 PM More reviews by itsjustjess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! Bought on a recent trip to Japan. At first I didn't use it much, only for make up removal. It is AMAZING at make up removal and keeps my skin moisturised but super clean afterwards. If you also use Mario Badescu's silver powder use this to remove it! These products work perfect in tandem and leave me with completely clean pores and smooth glowing skin!
This is a HG facewash / cleanser, I love to rotate it with my other fav Checks & Balances by Origins.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by cass271

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I received a sample packet of this in a set that came with DHC's mailer. Not knowing anything about the brand, I was skeptical of its usefulness. I was able to use one small packet for two nights. I could have even stretched it to three easily. Out of the three products from DHC, this was the product that was stood out.

My face felt fantastic after I used this. It feels clean and soft. I am also prone to get cystic acne and small pimples, but I haven't noticed any new one even with this. It's pricey at $28 for 6.7 oz. But a little goes a long way. A smaller version may be best for those trying it out, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by musingturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My favorite makeup remover period. Also, when you order from DHC, they tend to throw a large handful of samples into your box so I don't feel too bad about the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CareBearReilly

I really love this. It's mild and doesn't sting, it emulsifies into a milky consistency when mixed with water, and rinses clean. It takes off all my makeup. Sometimes I have to make a second pass to remove mascara, but I sometimes get lazy when removing makeup and try to rush so that could be my own fault. I'm not sure. I would repurchase. I like this more than Shu Uemura and Shiseido. Those brands, to my nose, are too fragrant. This is just plain and simple but very effective. I don't always use it alone, sometimes I will use it and at night I wash my face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil face wash and follow up with the Aloe Night Cream. But even when I don't use the Body Shop wash after I don't notice any extra zits. This gets rid of the makeup so any pimples I get seem to be just hormonal. You should try it, it's definitely a good buy. It's "pricey" but you don't use a ton and it lasts a good long while, so it's a good bang for your buck in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by ksy

NO THREAT TO ACNE PRONE SKIN. i have acnes which would appear anywhere on my face and have pus inside. i start using this as i really want to clean my face very very thoroughly to avoid clogging of any pores with dust/makeup.

i use a pump on my face and neck. it is efficient in cleaning off all the make up. before washing it off, i also use it as massage oil to massage my face and neck to improve blood circulation and firm the skin. after i wash it off with water, i would follow with my usual cleanser (benzoyl peroxide 4% from my dermatologist)

does not irritate skin or cause any further outbreak. highly recommend. if not for the price, it would have been perfect.