July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - LASTING Finish foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by holborner

I have combination skin and when I use it in the morning it starts melting within 2 hours. Definitely not lasting. Would not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The lightest shade was too dark for my skin, and I'm really not that pale. It had decent coverage but was rather greasy and had an odd, though subtle, scent. I only bought this because my wal-mart didn't have the Wet N Wild foundation I like, and I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

Not a fan. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't buy again. First of all, like others have said, the lightest shade is not very light at all. It is probably two shades too dark for me. I am NC15. The consistency has a nice thickness to it, but I feel that it goes on a little heavy feeling and oily. I have combo skin and when I wear this, I feel too dewy and within a couple of hours, my nose is a bit shiny. It has a scent to it, it's a little bit noticeable, but not downright objectionable unless you have a sensitive nose. Funny about the shade though, I have another rimmel foundation (clean finish) and that shade is a true ivory. I still use the foundation, I mean it's not garbage material, just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Not sure if its long lasting or not. Bought their lightest shade and it was MILES darker than any other brand on the markets' ivory. Seemed to geared towards mediterranean complexions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by aimeejmpr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loooove this product. The coverage is great and it is pretty high quality for drug store make up. People with oily skin shouldn't use because its got a more greasy feel to it I guess is how I'd explain it.. It's great for my skin since mine is pretty dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by laraax

The coverage of this foundation really impressed me. I have acne and scars that I need covered and this did the job well. The color 103 true ivory suited my nw20 skin well. I use this with a primer and I've had no problems with breakouts so far. However I've found this to be very sticky and uncomfortable to wear. If it wasn't for how horrible it felt on the skin, this would be an amazing product because of its coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Rumz

I've not the one that's in the glass bottle and comes with a pump which disperses a little product at a time which is great for me because I only use a little foundation. I bought it for £5 from Wilkinson which is awesome because it does almost as good a job as my MAC Studio Fix, good coverage and lasts all day. It doesn't oxidise and the colour 400 Natural beige works fine on my NC44-NC45 skin. I tend to mix it with my MAC Studio Fix to get better value for my MAC which is quite pricey for me. The only difference really is that the MAC applies a bit more smoothly and blends better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ccpetrucci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love it! I've used various foundations but this is by far the best priced foundation around. Even some higher end foundations couldn't compare and I've used a lot. I am a licensed MUA & Esthetician so I've used many products on myself and others. The down side is the color range, if you are fair-medium, medium, neutral or olive you may find one. These makeup companies (especially drugstore) should really start considering very fair to dark complected women with realistic undertones! Luckily I found a color that works for my neutral skin tone with olive undertones (Soft Beige). Usually drugstore foundations tend to run very pink and it is near impossible to get a correct color match. Within the limited color range of Rimmel there are a few neutral and slightly yellow shades so if MAC foundations are either too yellow or too pink (like they are for me) check out these colors.

The finish is a very natural looking satin to matte finish. You can easily build the coverage, however if too much is applied it may start to look unnatural and heavy. A little goes along way! Besides the overall quality, performance, & flawlessness of this foundation it is affordable.

I found no need to use concealer and/or powder, as well as not having to touch up my face at all throughout an entire day. As far as being 25 hrs... not too sure about that but NO ONE should be wearing any makeup when they go to sleep. The important aspect is that it lasts an entire day until you take it off.

Even though I am an advocate for spf I do not like spf in foundations for several reasons: the white cast it gives in photos, cosmetic spf can be irritating to some skin types, & if you want your foundation with spf to protect you more than a few hours you would need to constantly reapply it just as regular sunblock. So IMO spf has no place being in foundations. I am very happy that there is no spf in this foundation, since it seems most if not all are turning into that direction. I have had no oxidizing, no transfer, no breakouts, and it feels moisturizing and not heavy like other longer staying foundations. Remember this may vary with different skin types and climate. The only concern I have about this foundation is the possible new packaging, a bottle? I have the tube and I love how practical and sanitary it is! I have only seen the tube in the Chicago land area but I noticed on the Rimmel site it looks like they are bottling it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by xEmzyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Im very fair and even the ivory in this line is way too dark..I have just used true ivory and my partner told me my face was orange when I got outside! BIG mistake buying this! Even though the coverage is really good. No one on here seems to mention the sticky feeling you have when it's on..you really feel this stuff on your face! It doesn't smell too bad and is very cheaply priced but the colours are too dark for me and I don't like the sticky feeling..when walking through wind you can feel your hair sticking to your face! it literally is like glue! Wont buy this again it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by fawn001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second package of this foundation. My skin color is NC10/15 and the lightest shade is too dark. I usually mix a little Coastal Scents color corrector in white into my foundation to lighten it but do not do that with this one. I find the texture so sticky after applying that an almost white powder will tone it down. Yes, I do find the texture to be sticky but that is not a deal breaker for me. It is the sticky texture that allows it to grab so much powder and tone down the dark color, and I like that. It is hard to wash off but who cares! It lasts all day and through my aerobics class at night after work. Not my holy grail (Maybelline Super Stay is my HG foundation) but it is a close second and I will purchase again, and again.