Rimmel LASTING Finish foundation

3.5

WATER (AQUA), CYCLOMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, SILICA SILYLATE, SODIUM PCA, C12-15 ALKYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ZINC STEARATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C12-22 ALKYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), LECITHIN, XANTHAN GUM, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, LAURETH-4, SODIUM SULFATE, BHT, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].

on 2/25/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased Ivory 100

Rimmel Rimmel Rimmel, this foundation got me through university This means from age 17-21 i was wearing this lovely product (young skin is what im getting at)
Unfortunately as I have aged to 25 i have found myself reaching for this less and steering towards bb creams and other foundations. But can i really fault my faithful product when its my skin changing? No i cannot. if you are young and have minimal pores, my goodness this is right for you. if you are a little older and have pores, you can still use this product successfully but you will need to do additional steps.

Pro
- This stuff lasts long, this is my GO TO clubbing foundation to this day when i go out. it lasts hours! does it wear off a little? yes. but what make up doesnt. i danced all night from 10pm to 3am in this for YEARS. and its pretty damn good. wore this on my face to EDC 2014 and it lasted. my raver girls will know whats up.

- colour range is pretty good. Ivory -100 is great for my fall and winter months. i do not wear this in the summer (i get very tanned) unless i am not too tanned.

- price, very affordable, as a cheap university student i was driven to rimmel by its price

- finish is pretty good

- at times i use it as a concealer for the bags under my eyes or to cover minor zits and pimples, esp if im using a bb cream as my primary face product.

-coverage is medium to heavy and buildable!
- hides redness

Con
-Unfortunately it does feel a bit greasey on the skin. very oily people be aware this may be best for normal/ dry/ slightly oily

- greasey to the touch. its not as smooth as my maybelline wonder liquid finish foundation. but its not horribly greasey. its a 1.5 /5 on the grease touch scale. eventually the greasey feel does wear off over several hours of wear

-clings to my dry patches. unfortunately it does cling to some of my dry patches. im typically able to fix it by adding lotion under it and then reapplying some ontop of the patch.

- since my skin has changed, i have developed larger pores, this stuff really shows my pores. if you have large pores you will need to use a primer with this. i added the maybelline blur and illumator primer and my pores were minimized! i was able to wear this again confidently

- i noticed since aging to 25 my skin has lost its natural glow, especially in the winter. since ivory 100 is matte, i feel it makes my skin look very flat, and pale. this is easily corrected by adding a top power, and some highlighter or by using an illuminating primer (one with a peachy tint).

I wear this product clubbing, and to special events like a dinner gala.

Would I rebuy it - yes unless i found something better for my now changed skin
would i recommend it to a friend - yes
Its easy to apply, works pretty well and cheap

on 2/19/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this as a cheap alternative to Estee Lauder Double Wear. Overall, I am quite impressed! I think it applies a lot more smoothly and easily than double wear. It does last reasonably long, enough to get me through the day! The only sign of wear is that at the end of the day my nose does start to look a bit greasy! Nothing a bit of powder won't solve! The cover is a good medium coverage and I don't find myself concealing quite as much. Considering I only paid £5 I am more than happy with it. However, after a couple of weeks of using it I am starting to break out but I am unsure as to whether that is related!

on 1/22/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This has decent coverage, but it definitely doesn't last anywhere near 25 hours. I wore it for 8 hours and even with powder it wasn't impressing me at all. Rimmel also needs to work on their color range. I almost never can find a shade that is dark enough for me, and I'm an NC42.

on 12/22/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely one of my favorites. Goes on smooth and looks like 2nd skin. Gives a medium coverage and is buildable. Lasts for hours on my oily face. Bummed out that it's only sold in the glass tube now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not bad. Goes on beautifully but doesn't last. I tried using primer underneath and I never skip out on moisturizer but nothing seems to make it last all day. It goes on quite opague but my skin is very oily so it just dissolves it I suppose. I would recommend this product to someone with less oily skin for sure.

This foundation is not as good as double wear but for the price it does a good job. It leaves a smooth natural finish but for me it only lasted an hour or two on a very busy day, however if your having a calm day and dont expect to sweat alot this will probabaly last all day. I love the look of this foundation and for the price you cant go wrong. Basically it looks amazing but if you sweat alot like me then it will not last all day. I like to blend some of this with estee lauder double and it looks amazing and really does last all day. If your on a budget this will be great for you but i still swear by double wear even though its alot more expensive..

I really like this foundation. It is medium to full coverage, and I don't need concealer to hide my red spots with this! The only downside is it's a little runny and a tad sticky on the skin. The stickiness never seems to go away, until I apply some pressed powder.

Other than that, the color Ivory matches my fair / medium skin very nicely, and the packaging is hygienic...although it tends to run a little when I first opened it, I decided to store it upside down from now on to keep it from leaking.

For the price, I think this is a fairly good foundation. It doesn't seem to accentuate my flaws, such as pores or fine lines, and I like that it is a decent coverage without looking cakey.

Another con, however, is that there doesn't seem to be a very wide color range, so it's best to test the product in the store to see if it's a good match.

ETA: I can't attest to whether or not it lasts 25 hours, because I always WASH my makeup off at night and apply night cream! XD

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second foundation I got in my life!! I didn't know much about makeup since then! But I just buy things randomly!!.. Super cheap foundation! I got in the shade "400 natural beige" but still little dark for me. Saying lasting finish 25 hours?? I think that's true! It has a long lasting power Good coverage from medium to full It's not oil free and it's between matte and dewy finish! Not breaking me out and that's great! But I have oily skin and I always need to sit it with a powder! It's making me oily in a few hours Great foundation for all skin types. But girls with oily skin will need to sit it with powder every few hours!

on 8/7/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been struggling to find a good liquid foundation for a very long time. I used Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light and that was great, but the cost was just too high. I looked up this Rimmel foundation and thought I'd give it a try.

At first, the foundation looks great. It's a little runny, which was a little annoying when I would have to wash the rest away, but for the price, I was impressed with the initial look. However, it does NOT last for 25 hours. For me, it didn't even last a few hours without making me look like a grease ball! I will not be purchasing this product again.

Long story short: don't use if you have oily skin. Does not last 25 hours.

on 3/31/2014 10:19:00 AM

I have combination skin and when I use it in the morning it starts melting within 2 hours. Definitely not lasting. Would not recommend it.