Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps

3.3

on 3/1/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The sheer pink turns YELLOW within hours. Ick. Had to toss.

on 1/20/2015 2:18:00 PM

This is HORRIBLE. It goes on easily but within a day, it starts to bubble up and chip off. STAY AWAY

I can't really say whether or not this product had any strengthening power on my nails because it peeled off every time I applied it within an hour or so of application. In doing so it would take slivers of my nails with it. It did the same thing to my mother's nails. Will not be finishing the bottle, let alone repurchasing.

Bought this because my nails have a tendency to split when I'm growing them out. This product says it can be used 'alone, or as a base coat'. Well, you definitely can't use it as a base coat, because when you put a coloured coat over the top, it will chip off immediately with this underneath it. It has a nice, thick texture and minimises the look of chipped nails, which is a pro. It basically works well as a sealant to let your nails grow out, but so would any kind of polish. Wouldn't buy again, for the price and the fact that it doesn't go well under another kind of polish.

on 1/5/2014 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as a base and top coat all the time. It dries fast and does the job. My nails feel much stronger with it than without. I don't find many top or base coats that do that job. It makes my polish last longer than others I have tried as well.

Formula is great, no streaky application or being too thick. Consistency is just right. Definitely repurchase.

on 12/26/2013 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product doesn't seem to make a drastic difference to my nails it had made them a little stronger. It wears very well as I work on farm I need something that lasts this didn't chip at all when I was working leaving my nails protected and stronger.

on 11/26/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a thin acrylic gel base coat that dries very quickly. It makes my nails feel strong and hard, more so than with regular base coats.

Unfortunately, it did nothing to prevent my polish from chipping and peeling the second day.

on 9/14/2013 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Strangely mixed reviews on this one. I got the one in the blue bottle which was around $4 at Target. I have found that this makes my nails very strong. I have weak nails that peel and break easily, and don't grow much past my fingertips. When I wear it alone, people compliment me on my nails. I have noticed this chips easily. However, this makes your nails STRONG. Pay attention when you try to take it off using regular remover-it is very difficult as this bonds to your nails, which it what it's supposed to do. I wonder if this is the cause of some of the peeling others have mentioned. I haven't had any more peeling issues than normal ( I always have a couple of nails with peelies because I whack them or catch them on something). I like this product and think it delivers on the promise. I've worn this on and off for a few weeks, with polish and alone, and my nails are definitely stronger and I don't have any broken ones and haven't had to nub, which for me is rare. My nails are also longer than normal because they are stronger.

on 7/19/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This makes my nails super hard, like cannot bend them at all hard! They still manage to get some splits/breaks but I'm very rough with my hands and have some vitamin deficiencies/health issues. I'm also lazy with doing my nails, I believe if I applied it more regularly (every few days) then my nails would be fine. They're still longer than they've been in a long time and the strength that this gel gives my nails is *amazing*! I usually use two coats now as my nails are in desperate need of help. I haven't had any issues with lumpiness or slow-drying, it dries faster than any regular nail polish for me.

on 7/18/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i dont even know how i lived without this product. i was constantly getting my nails done with bio gel or acrylic and shellac.. when i finally left my real nails to breathe, it was a NIGHTMARE. they broke every day and wouldnt grow at all. i was in walmart one day and saw this stuff, the blue bottle caught my eye (blue's my fav colour, lol) & i picked it up, read the indication and decided for 6$ i could try it out. WOW. ill NEVER regret trying this stuff. i use it every single time i do my nails (hands & toes) my nails are healthier and stronger and longer than ever. LOVE it.