September 30, 2014 | 1881 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Hard as Wraps

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by QuothetheRaven

I can't really say whether or not this product had any strengthening power on my nails because it peeled off every time I applied it within an hour or so of application. In doing so it would take slivers of my nails with it. It did the same thing to my mother's nails. Will not be finishing the bottle, let alone repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by LittleGreyBat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this because my nails have a tendency to split when I'm growing them out. This product says it can be used 'alone, or as a base coat'. Well, you definitely can't use it as a base coat, because when you put a coloured coat over the top, it will chip off immediately with this underneath it. It has a nice, thick texture and minimises the look of chipped nails, which is a pro. It basically works well as a sealant to let your nails grow out, but so would any kind of polish. Wouldn't buy again, for the price and the fact that it doesn't go well under another kind of polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I use this as a base and top coat all the time. It dries fast and does the job. My nails feel much stronger with it than without. I don't find many top or base coats that do that job. It makes my polish last longer than others I have tried as well.

Formula is great, no streaky application or being too thick. Consistency is just right. Definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by 26random5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't seem to make a drastic difference to my nails it had made them a little stronger. It wears very well as I work on farm I need something that lasts this didn't chip at all when I was working leaving my nails protected and stronger.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

This treatment/base coat contains gel and goes on clear. Packaging says it will strengthen weak nails. I've been using it for three weeks. My thin, dry nails frequently split at the sides and this product has not helped at all.

This treatment/base coat is 3-Free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Strangely mixed reviews on this one. I got the one in the blue bottle which was around $4 at Target. I have found that this makes my nails very strong. I have weak nails that peel and break easily, and don't grow much past my fingertips. When I wear it alone, people compliment me on my nails. I have noticed this chips easily. However, this makes your nails STRONG. Pay attention when you try to take it off using regular remover-it is very difficult as this bonds to your nails, which it what it's supposed to do. I wonder if this is the cause of some of the peeling others have mentioned. I haven't had any more peeling issues than normal ( I always have a couple of nails with peelies because I whack them or catch them on something). I like this product and think it delivers on the promise. I've worn this on and off for a few weeks, with polish and alone, and my nails are definitely stronger and I don't have any broken ones and haven't had to nub, which for me is rare. My nails are also longer than normal because they are stronger.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by edenholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makes my nails super hard, like cannot bend them at all hard! They still manage to get some splits/breaks but I'm very rough with my hands and have some vitamin deficiencies/health issues. I'm also lazy with doing my nails, I believe if I applied it more regularly (every few days) then my nails would be fine. They're still longer than they've been in a long time and the strength that this gel gives my nails is *amazing*! I usually use two coats now as my nails are in desperate need of help. I haven't had any issues with lumpiness or slow-drying, it dries faster than any regular nail polish for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by xkwizit1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i dont even know how i lived without this product. i was constantly getting my nails done with bio gel or acrylic and shellac.. when i finally left my real nails to breathe, it was a NIGHTMARE. they broke every day and wouldnt grow at all. i was in walmart one day and saw this stuff, the blue bottle caught my eye (blue's my fav colour, lol) & i picked it up, read the indication and decided for 6$ i could try it out. WOW. ill NEVER regret trying this stuff. i use it every single time i do my nails (hands & toes) my nails are healthier and stronger and longer than ever. LOVE it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirlxD14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is BEYOND AMAZING!! My nails are very bendable and flexible and flimsy, especially when I do things involved with water. They're basically like paper. But using this under my orly bonder makes the perfect mani!! My nails are so thick and strong they feel fake. They barely budge when I have it under my polish! It's amazing. Not to mention how versatile it is. You can use it by itself as a pure treatment, as a BaseCoat to help get that acrylic-y feel to your mani, or , considering the fact that this IS acrylic gel, can even use this to try to achieve a shellac manicure, without the high price or curing. This stuff is amazing and I sorts don't get the negative reviews, but whatever. Different people have different effects. I personally love this stuff and im getting a second bottle today just to be positive.
EDIT 🚨: I wouldn't say to completely avoid this stuff, but if you're going to use this, I hope you have a STRONG BaseCoat. I say this because I used this as a BaseCoat on my complete bare and natural nails, which wasn't wise. Because when I took my manicure off, I noticed that about 3 of my nails started peeling. It wasn't that bad. So I just brushed more on on my next mani and acted normal about it. I take my mani off 3 days later and there are more than 3 nails peeling and it's worse. My index and middle fingers are a complete peeling MESS. I was absolutely horrified. This was the only thing that I was putting on my nails so this HAD to be it. It wasn't from lack of moisture because I use olive and tea tree oil in a nail polish bottle EVERY couple of hours. I will still continue to use thise because I want to get my money's worth, but I'm using my vitamin e with 2 layers now and using this stuff. If you buy this dont ever ever EVER put this anywhere NEAR your natural nail. Ever. The only reason I'm even stil using it also is because of its hardening tendencies and the shine. Those are the only positive things I can say about this product. I shouldn't have written a review so quick but I fell love with the product quickly and wanted to rave about it. I am thoroughly dissapointed to find that it depleted the health of my nails. They were smooth and much more healthier before I started using this stuff completely bare. I wanted this to have no flaws or mistakes. And it especially sucks because I bought an extra bottle of this. So now I am stuck with it for a good amount of time. So overall this stuff isn't COMPLETELY HORRIBLE, but it WILL peel your nails if you use it with nothing underneath.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Sammyjezebel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have paper thin nails and this did make them a lot harder! Good base coat