Lumene Intensive Renewing Eye Serum

3.9

on 2/22/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for two nights and my dark circles seemed worse. A co-worker even pulled me aside to ask if things were okay. She thought I was having a tough time or wasn't sleeping and it showed on my face! I was so embarrassed by that! I stopped using this and the brightness returned to my under eyes. I have such a weird face/skin and how it reacts though (a.k.a this is not how normal people would probably react to this product). I think most people would like this though (thus the high rating of 3 from me). This is very similar to Mary K's under eye product (except the Mary K ball is metal and this one is plastic). So if you're looking for a cheaper version of that this would work nicely.

on 11/17/2010 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've returned this product today, as I tried using it for 4 weeks and the main result I noticed was drying of the skin around my eyes. I was applying cream after the serum had dried, so it wasn't for lack of moisturizing.

I did notice a slight lightening of my under-eye circles, but the dry skin was far too concerning to want to continue use.

on 9/13/2008 1:16:00 AM

I love this little roller ball thingie.m I'm been looking for something that will help with my dark circles and lines and this does a great job with smoothing my eye area and making my circles look noticably lighter and its only been 2 days. I will edit as the situation changes. This is a great product. I think the packaging is a bit confusing because I thought I had the Insensive revitalizing eye serum because that's what the box says and the actual roller says renewing. Hmmm, who knows, but I do like this product. Wish me luck with it, lol.

on 6/26/2008 5:58:00 PM

This serum is absolutely fantastic! Usually I skip applying this every night, but even so, I've noticed that after only one treatment the night before, you will wake up to find your eye bags a little lighter! I will definitely repurchase this.

on 6/1/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

love! I used to have dark circles and this product has significantly reduced the darkness! I don't even need to use concealer in pictures (in a dark place, lol). I use it inconsistently 1-2 times a day and I don't really have any problems other than the dark circles. It applies easily with the rollerball and has a watery consistency that I gently massage into the eye area.

on 5/6/2008 9:10:00 AM

I have tried many different eye treatments and what I like a lot about this one is that it absorbs really well and really does decrease fine lines! It has a slight stinging sensation when first applied so if you're very sensitive you may not like that but I think it's worth it! After a couple of weeks the product brightened my undereye circles and the instant hydration and plumping of fine lines each day was all I needed to make me want to buy the product again and again!

on 1/10/2008 1:49:00 PM

The main reason I bought this serum was because my previous eye cream (BeneFit Eye Con) wasn't doing anything, and I wanted something that would have more effect on getting rid of my dark circles. I don't really have puffy eyes, so I can't really vouch for its effectiveness on that aspect. I've been using it regularly for about 4 weeks now, applying it in the morning and at night, and haven't really seen much of a difference, other than the skin around my eyes getting a little drier. I do like the packaging and the use of a rollerball to apply the serum - it does feel nice rolling it on my skin, especially if you leave the vial in the fridge, you get this soothing, cool feeling around your eyes. It's unfortunate that I don't think this product really worked for me to reduce the dark circles, and I feel like it's starting to irritate my skin a bit. I'll probably keep it around to use in the summer, as that nice cool feeling will refresh my eyes when the weather is hot and humid. Hopefully keeping it in the fridge until then will prolong the shelf life.

on 12/30/2007 9:44:00 PM

Ouch! Not a product for those with very thin and sensitive skin around the eyes!

on 12/23/2007 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately, this eye serum stings the area around my eyes very badly. I have tried it day and night for three days, thinking I just needed to adjust, but today when I went to wash my face, I had actual flakes all over my eyelids and beneath my eyes. I do think this could be a great product: the roll-on application is a fantastic idea, and I like the idea that vitamin C could help the skin, but this is too harsh. I know my eyes are very sensitive, as other popular eye creams have been horrible for me as well. Add this to the list of serums, creams and treatments that are too harsh for my sensitive skin around the eyes.

on 10/27/2007 4:38:00 PM

This product does reduce bags under eyes, but it made my fine lines look more prominent at the end of the day. I will not repurchase.