October 25, 2014 | 881 users online

Deodorants - Fresh - Roll-on Sugar, Deodorant and Antiperspirant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite antiperspirant/ deodorant! It smells amazing and works really great. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wrote my original review on this back in 09, tried it again recently and I love this! This is by far the BEST deordorant I've ever used, ever. I did not want to pay $18 for this again, so when I was done my last bottle I tried numerous other deodorants, yet couldn't find one that I liked more than this. I'll pay $18 b/c it lasts on me through out the day, my shirts stay completely dry even in 100 degree heat and again that Fresh smell is amazing, love all their products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by TheresaDiMoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the scent of Fresh Sugar. On a hot L.A. day I decided to upgrade my salt rock deodorant (useless!) and picked this one at The Grove. The scent was the same goodness I always liked about Fresh Sugar - sweet, citrusy, and fresh. But it was just about as useless as the salt rock. Next time I'll pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This smells really nice but it only works for a few hours and has 5 parabens in it. :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really needed to find a deodorant with antiperspirant that works. My hormones have fluctuated so much after having had a baby that even deodorants no longer work for my awful smelling underarms!! I was using the salt stick from the natural products aisle for so long with no smell issues and then suddenly even that stopped working. The only thing that even remotely works is Hydrosol but that stuff stings and leaves itchy red irritated area.

Anyway...so I'm at sephora browsing for products and come across this deodorant. It seemed like it got pretty good reviews on the website and it smells so nice. Anyway i find it works well for the first few hours and does help with the sweating but doesnt help my stench unfortunately. Maybe it is just me and not the product...so I think i will be trying Khiel's deodorant next and hope it helps. If not I will try L'occitane as ive seen that got great reviews as well. LOL!! My product jumping continues even with deodorants as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by candied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was looking for an alternative to the traditional antiperspirants that use aluminum to stop sweat. I've tried natural deodorants before (e.g., Tom's), however I found that my problem doesn't really lie with odor, it's more that I dislike my underarms feeling wet. I had heard good things about this deodorant+antiperspirant, and given my general impression of Fresh as "natural" and "good for you," I gave it a go. Imagine my disappointment when I looked at the bottle (I ordered this online, and the active ingreds are not listed on Sephora's site) and the active ingredient is Aluminum Chlorohydrate (15%). This is a higher percentage than my current deodorant+AP, and it's less effective at stopping sweat!

All in all, this deodorant+AP is ok -- it smells lightly of sweet lemons (and is very pleasant, like most Fresh products), no flaking or white residue. However, its ability to stop sweat is markedly less than my current Dove AP, and this is especially disappointing because it contains aluminum. I would have cut it a lot of slack if it were using some sort of natural ingredient or alternative to aluminum. I just don't see the purpose of paying more for this, when it's using the same active ingredient as all other APs, AND is less effective.

I wish Sephora had made it more clear on the site that this product uses aluminum as an active ingredient. It IS billed as an antiperspirant though, so maybe I'm the fool for assuming that since Fresh is "natural" and aluminum wasn't listed, that it wasn't in there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this so much. I'm on my third bottle and I rarely re-purchase products. The smell is amazing and it works well. And I'm not allergic to it. Expensive though :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by jabritao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years. Usually I do not wear any deodorant, but this is my go-to for a dressy night out. I also have Ultimate Sensitive Care Fragrance Free Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant on hand for when I may actually sweat. I love the sweet, subtle scent of the Fresh roll-on and it works just fine. It takes time to dry after application, but does not stain my clothing. I am not certain I will repurchase b/c I am making a switch to products that rate 2 or below on the Environmental Working Group's Cosmetic Database. This is rated 6. I think that is high, especially compared with the drugstore bought $4 Dove anti-perspirant I use, which is rated 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by missjoe

I've been using this deodorant for about three weeks now. In that time, we've had a myriad of temperatures so I feel like I have a good grasp on how this will work for me year-round.

I haven't used a roll-on in quite some time, but it goes on smooth, though it does take some time to dry. I generally put it on right after I get out of the shower so it dries before I get dressed. There is a light smell when first applied that is very pleasant, but it fades and doesn't compete with your other scents. The smell also doesn't come back when "in action" later as a lot of drugstore deodorants seem to do (I hate smelling my deodorant).

It also does a good job when it is hot out. There have been a couple of 80+ days lately and I haven't had an issue. I'm not the type that sweats profusely in my armpits, so that's probably why. It also blocks odor well after a long day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for a couple of years and I really like this deodorant. I initially started using this product because it seemed like all of the drug store brands started containing some ingredient that was making all of my tops have a thick, white/grey residue in the armpits. Seriously, I had to get a new wardrobe because normal laundering would not remove the unsightly deodorant residue.

After throwing away my entire closet of beloved shirts, I vowed to find a deodorant that would not cause this problem and I've been using Fresh ever since. It goes on easily, it smells great when first applied (although the scent goes away), and it controls sweating to a reasonable degree. I can accept that I'm a human being, and when exposed to oven-like temperatures or rigorous exertion I will have a couple of drops of perspiration in my armpits.

The cost is expensive, but not as much as replacing an entire wardrobe, so I won't complain about the $18.