October 22, 2014 | 1829 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Feria-#110 Starlet (Very Light Beige Blonde)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Skin24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rarely write reviews. A product has to be far superior or monumentally terrible. This product is stellar. I've tried many shades of blonde from a variety of lines, but this one rises to the top like cream... no brassiness or bright yellow. I get lots of compliments and people are shocked to learn it's not a salon color job. Also love their new improved shimmer conditioner and it lasts for several weeks. Only problem is this shade Starlet is somewhat hard to find...often sold out or not carried. I find it at Walgreens, Fred Meyer and Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ymancill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this after bleaching my hair (I have naturally dark brown hair) and using color oops various times to get black dye out (It worked but it was a slow process and took multiple uses of Oops). I then used Starlet and it took so much of the brass out even the first time! The second time was even better and left it extra- light. I love this color. It was really shimmery too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Whenever I dye my hair with Feria Scarlet people ask me what country I'm from. They say, Holland, Sweden, Germany......thinking that this ultra light blonde is real.....Meaning that this is extremely natural looking, not too ashy, not too golden, just right. The perfect "Bergdorf blonde" I would say with all hair dye especially blonde it is drying so make sure that you always deep condition you hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love having the perfect shade of blonde. I look awake and fresh...and best of all I can look great without makeup!!!! But the last blonde shade I used sent me into yellow territory and by chance I then found this shade (which I find so much better than the "diamond" color). I test checked it after being on my hair for 20 minutes and it looked MORE yellow!!! But just 5 more minutes and all the yellow was gone. It gave me a gorgeous shade of blonde, not as light as the box but I don't want it that light. I knew it would do this as dyes always show up a couple shades darker on me if its blonde or brown it doesn't matter. Not any more damaging than any other brands. Will repurchase!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kimber123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very light blonde hair with about a level 9 lowlight in a golden blonde shade. My natural hair color is dark blonde. I had some roots and wanted to give my haor an overall beige/ash color boost and thought this would work very well since I was already very light blonde. I left it on the recommended time plus 5 mins and it turned a very yellow/orangey brassy colour. I thought it would cut brass, although I had very little brass to begin with. I had read the reviews here and was excited to try it to get that perfect beige light blonde and it is now not very flattering at all. I will have to find a good toner to correct it now :-((((

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this shade for about 5 years and it's never done me wrong. It's my perfect shade of blonde. I wouldn't say that the "shimmer" is super noticeable but it does make my hair shine and does not damage it too badly. Also it never fades on me, although my hair is naturally a dirty blonde. I don't know if that matters at all. I can't recommend this dye enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Princess619

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its the blonde that you try to tell your stylist you want but they always get it too light or too dark.....It's not the cheap white bkonde but its bergdorf blonde and in the summer get a few foils put it too take it up a summery notch....but it is great especially if you tend to pull red because it neutralizes it for you ....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by melendipity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't been on this site in over a year but had to get on here just to review this product! I love this hair color! Starlet saved me from another bad DIY dye job. I had originally started with medium-brown hair professionally highlighted w/bleach. The upkeep was costing too much so I took a plunge and colored my own hair. From the end of my roots down looked great. But the top of my head where the new growth had been turned a light, very brassy orange. I used Feria Starlet a week later and it removed a lot of that hideous brassy color. Now it's a very pretty golden blonde with platinum highlights. I would use this product again but perhaps leave it on tad bit longer. I know a blue or violet shampoo will take all the brassiness away in about a week. I will definitely re-purchase!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by darkh0rse27

I have a question for experienced box colorists! I did a strand test using Feria Starlet and absolutely nothing happened. My hair isn't "virgin"... I used Clairol Natural Instincts and Manic Panic, but it has faded and I wanted to dye my faded red hair blond. I'm aware that it shouldn't be just like the picture on the box, since I still have a bit of color in my hair, but there was literally no change in color. What could have happened?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MichelleWay

This is the best blonde hair color I've found (and I've used almost everything except for Colorsilk). My hair is naturally dark blonde/light brown and is very fine and fragile. This color gives me a beautiful light neutral blonde color with platinum highlights. It can be a little drying but I use a deep conditioner at least once a week and that really helps. Since my hair is to the middle of my back I don't pull the color through. I put it on my roots and before I rinse it out I put a lot of conditioner on the mid-shaft and lengths of my hair so no color will penetrate that hair. If I pulled it through I would get a lot of breakage. I highly recommend this color to anyone who wants to have beautiful blonde hair. Also, I've called the L'Oreal hotline many times and have been told by multiple consultants that Feria DOES NOT contain metallic dyes or salts. I don't know where this rumor got started but it is not true. Once I colored my mom's hair with Feria and it didn't do a lot since she is predominately grey. However, we recolored it a few weeks later with Excellence and she experienced no green hair, no smoking (lol) or breakage so I don't think it's true that Feria will ruin your hair or that you can never color over it with something new.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No