November 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Style Surf Hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in my damp hair after I take a shower for beachy curls. This product is great and once you know how to use it, it gives great results. Def use on damp or wet hair, I cannot imagine how messy and gross it would be on dry hair. Smells good, the jar is easy to use and sturdy, and leaves my hair with great waves.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Important to note: The new formula is NOT the same as the old one. The new formula just doesn't work the same. The old formula however was my holy grail for beach wavy perfect hair. Unfortunately Garnier made the bad decision of discontinuing it. My quest for a new product like the old formula continues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting to try this forever, why it's taken me until now to spring for it I can't say. But, strolling through Target they had tubs with a $1 off coupon on them and so I thought that was a good enough excuse finally. LOVE! It gives exactly the natural, piece-y texture I have always wanted in a pomade. Not heavy, not greasy, love the fruity scent. Really separates out my layers weightlessly and it's like every tousled hair look I've seen in magazines.

UPDATE: Has this been re-formulated?? I feel like it has less hold and gives none of the definition and separation it used to. Bummer!! I wish I hadn't tossed my CVS receipt for this because I was so sure it was my go-to product. I had previously bought two other tubs of this with no complaints. Now I'm stuck with a full new tub that I guess I will keep around for back up.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by alexkaay

This is probably the worst hair product I have ever used. The smell is disgusting and it makes my hair feel so sticky. I tried it once with my hair wet and once dry-- both times it disappointed. It didn't go on to my hair very well and the parts it did stick to were really crunchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for my boyfriend because it was highly recommended for lightly styled hair, and he just wanted something to even out a bad haircut a bit. But I've sort of fallen in love with the scent of it. Its creamy, and it smells gorgeous. It works well, though isn't as lasting or stiff as I'd need it for very styled hair, but for daily light style it works. It's a lot cheaper than the S Factor Molding pot I also have, and that makes me more inclined to repurchase this product.

Edit: The more I use this the more it seems to get watery and slimey. I think I'll stick to my stickier TiGi products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I get static-y hair in the winter even though I use a rich conditioner. A tiny amount of this spread on my hands and run over my hair gets rid of static and a bit in my bangs helps keep them from going flat and stringy as the day goes on. My hair is very fine and oily, but if I use a very little of this it doesn`t get weighed down or look greasy. I really love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by PearlMiller

This is the only product I've used that can REALLY bring out the natural wave in my hair. At night after I shower, I just use about a quarter sized amount and scrunch my hair. When I wake up, BAM, my hair is wavier than ever. It also does a great job of taming frizz and locking in volume and curl. Great product, I'll always have one of these on stock.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I mainly use this paste for a couple of things. First being, as the name indicated, to help achieve a tousled beach wave effect. A little bit of product can go a long way. I also use just a smidgen to control unruly part of bangs or shorter baby hairs on bad days. This white paste has the usual Garnier fruity smell and it really does linger on my hair, not that I mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rebeletiquette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, I was tired of taking an hour and a half to get ready every morning, but it's hard to take my showers at night because I suffer from thin, flat hair. However, when I use a small amount of this on the roots of my hair, it gives just the right amount of texture and volume. Technically, I didn't use this product for what it was intended for, I guess, but I was very pleased with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Great DS product for creating a textured, piecey look. Formula is smooth and less thick than other texturizing creams/waxes I've used from HE brands. Feels very light weight and non-greasy. I use a very small amount (pea-sized) and spread it onto both hands, focusing around the fingers. I spread my fingers and quickly run them back and forth through my hair horizontally, not vertically so as to avoid a greasy result. Gives just enough texture and hold for my hair. Also smoothes fly-aways in the front nicely!