December 19, 2014 | 616 users online

Skincare - Face - Rodan and Fields - Calm Skin Care Line

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by flashdownglory

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am a huge makeup and skincare snob. So much so that I started getting fed up with the skincare products on the market and started making my own. Not just organic make at home type but skincare with actives, peptides, niaciamine and collegian. My girlfriend who never really had the greatest skin bought the Reverse line and I could see a change after 2-3 weeks. I decided to buy and OMG I LOVED it. I am not that surprised though because it is from the same two ladies that created ProActive and for as much crap as they got for being an infomercial it was the quality of their product and word of mouth that made it was it is today. I will say though that the daytime lotion is a little thin and if you are in a cold dry climate you might have to add some of the night cream to make it richer. Anyhoo- I love this line so much I became a consultant.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2006 4:48:00 AM More reviews by LEB1448

I've been using the Unblemish line for about a month now and have to say - it's worth the money. I'm 29, with classic t-zone oiliness and sensitive/easily reddened pale skin. My acne is hormonal and a couple times a year I get a nasty cyst or two. While this system hasn't headed off all of my monthly breakouts - it seems to definitely be keeping things under control. My skin honestly looks better, clearer, than it has in a long long time. And everyone's comments are true - the bp formulation really is fantastic, and yes, the cleanser runs out before anything else does. One of the travel kits lasted me a month though - so at $45 for 3 products for one month, that's not too too bad. I have noticed a little dryness, but what i've done is only use the system at night (just a good splash of water in the AM is enough for me) and I make sure to moisturize. All in all, I'm really happy with the system as a whole! For the moment - as close to an HG as my difficult skin is going to let me get!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2006 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm still not sure about this stuff. i've been using it for about 7 or 8 weeks, and my skin seems to go through this cycle where it looks very bad for a few days, and then over the course of about 2 weeks it clears up. for about a day my skin will look really good, almost perfect, and then i'll wake up the next with 10 huge new pimples. it's all very strange, which is why i'm not sure. i'm 15 years old, so of course i'm going to have a pimple every once in a while. but if i'm using an $85 skincare system, should they really be a constant condition? i suppose i would recommend it, it might work more efficiently for others than it has for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 10:28:00 AM More reviews by HeidiBrewer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Unblemish line (formally CALM) for a little over three weeks now and I can't say enough good things about it (except the high price tag, of course!). Let me start off by saying that my skin is a weird combination of oily, dry & sensitive -- not a great combination to say the least and especially so since I'm in my mid-tirties and starting to see a few lines. I've tried just about everything out there and I've either gotten zero results, or only one of my "ailments" covered. Products that combat oilyness, dry out and irritate my skin, products that are hydrating leave my skin oily and acne-prone (although I don't have even moderate acne, I am prone to break-outs from time to time and have always seemed to be sporting a zit or two at any given moment).

Once I began using the unblemish line, I started noticing a difference *almost* immediately. I followed the directions implicitly -- used every other day for the first week, then daily thereafter. I only use at night, since I don't have to use more often and I have to say my skin looks pretty fabulous! Neither oily, nor dry (which is a miracle since I live in Minnesota and it's bitterly cold in the winter!) and not even remotely irritated.

Thumbs-up for me -- despite the sticker shock.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use proactiv untill it sorta stoped working for me:( well....... i decided to give this skincare line a try and i'm very glad i did!!!! :) this is very effective towards my stubborn blemished skin and i found it not too irratating i always use a good moisturizer afterward. overall i'm pleased with this line,it's very good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by tldavis36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the Unblemish (formerly Calm) system for the past 5 weeks, and I must say that it has made a difference in my skin. I've had acne problems since around the age of 12. I am now 42. I've done a course of Accutane and still use Retin-A Micro to keep the acne under control. I've also tried a multitude of other acne products, but they always seem to irritate my skin and cause more breakouts, since the Accutane. At night I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil, Clinique DDM Gel and the Retin-A Micro. I use the Unblemish system in the mornings and my acne has calmed down even more. I'm hoping, with continued use, that the acne will totally clear up. The texture of my skin has also improved. I will update again after I've been on it a little longer, but I'm quite pleased with the improvement I've seen in 5 weeks, and will continue to purchase. It is quite expensive ($85 for the full-size kit), but I think it will last me 4 to 5 months using it once a day. I initially bought the travel sizes (all 1 oz. each), and I just ran out of the cleanser after 4 weeks. I think I'll run out of the toner this week, and the BP lotion should last another 2-3 weeks. So, the full size products should last much longer. When you figure the price that way, it's really not so expensive considering all the money I've spent on other products that I had to quit using and never returned.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ffsgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

note: This line is now called Unblemished. This line contains three products: A sulfur cleanser, a toner, and a benzoyl peroxide lotion. Overall, this is an excellent product that delivers in it's claims. It only takes a couple of days to see a difference. I had tried Proactiv before, which was also effective, however the cleanser contained exfoliating beads, and I really do not feel that it is a good idea to subject your skin to that much manual exfoliation. The cleanser is purple which is fun, but you must make you sure you gently massage into skin at least 1-2 minutes. Most cleansers with certain active ingredients are a moot point because you simply wash away the ingredient, right down the sink before it has a chance to effect any result on the skin, so do not get lazy. The toner smells pleasant, and does not sting whatsoever. Finally it is my opinion that both the Proactiv and the Unblemished benzoyl peroxide lotions are the best on the market. They are not drying (or at least minimally, an unpleasant side effect of this ingredient) I did not experience any dryness even in the winter months. They are creamy and feel more luxuriant on the skin than other drugstore or department store comparisons. I like the simplistic packaging, very easy for travel. I gave this product 4 lippies, simply because I think the price is a little inflated. Please note, this is a very effective product that I feel would address almost everyone's acne concerns, it will provide reliably clear skin. I just feel that the products are not so special as deserving a $90 price tag (especially for the small quantities) I would suggest maybe only using this once a day (for me I use it at night) as this will save you money, and I find it to be just as effective. I bought mine in the beginning of October and I am still running strong with a little under half of my product left in the second week of December. I would continue to buy as long as my acne concerns exist, I just feel that the price should be lowered, however it is arguable that consistent beautiful, clear skin is worth any price, I would happen to agree!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

Those two ladies may be v. savvy businesswomen bilking the rest of us, but at least they put out a great product. I started using the Radiant (now Reverse) line 3 years ago and got initially great results from it. At the time I was still using birth control pills and spending time in the sun which resulted in melasma (skin darkening) all over my forehead and cheeks. The Radiant regimen, better use of sunscreen, and stopping The Pill all helped to fade my spots while I got the bonus of overall better skin. I thought I was finally done with major breakouts until I turned 40 (!). Suddenly my skin is oily, I am breaking out on areas of my face I had not previously worried about (like my cheeks) and I found myself sneaking into my teenager's bathroom to use her acne medication. Nothing worked. I tried Oil of Olay clarifying scrub, various other over the counter products, then moved on to Differin and micro retinA, all with worsening of whiteheads, deep cysts, and overall reddening of my face because of all the irritating chemicals. I broke down and bought the Unblemish regimen after a friend of mine recommended it. I've only used it for a week, once a day so far as recommended, and already I can tell the difference, as can my husband and daughter who have both told me my skin looks great. It's lost the redness and the sensitivity. I still have some excess oil and a few zits but it's much much better. The proof is in the fact that i'm hardly using any make up, whereas a few weeks ago I was slattering the foundation and concealer every morning in the hopes of covering it all up. The mixture of sulfur in the wash with the benzoyl peroxide in step 3 must be what's doing it. There is a faint remnant smell of sulfur after I put it on, but nothing I won't tolerate. I agree with other reviewers in that the quantities are small and the pricetag large. Estee Lauder actually bought the company from R&F and the changing names and sizes may have something to do with it. Hopefully the formulation will remain the same. This is obviously not a product for everyone (as one reviewer wisely recommends, do a patch test), but it appears to work really well for a lot of us. The feeling of confidence from having clear skin is worth 85$ and more.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MisseKast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This regimine was part of a long line of stuff I tried that did nothign but aggravate the hell out of my skin and make it worse!! For those with oily yet super sensitive skin, most of those so-called "clear skin regimines" don't work for us. This product did absolutely nothing for my skin and at the price they sell it for, is ridiculous. It's a slightly gentler Pro-Activ thats packaged differently a hell of a lot more expensive. Total Crap! Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2005 3:19:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

See my separate review of the cleanser. The toner is a stupid ripoff, you can get something with an actually useful AHA level from DDF that is six times the size for the same price. Plus, it leaves that sort of "I just put some sort of not 100% clean feeling toner on my face." Is there anything more frustrating? If you're old enough you may recall that sorta disgusting texture the infamous Bonnie Belle 10-0-6 Lotion left on your face. This is just like except it costs 1000% more, given annual adjustments in the CPI.

I'll give credit to these two monkey-faced self-promoters where due: your BPO product is the nicest on the market to use. I might even buy it again. It feels cool and light going on, no chalkiness, it smells nice, and it sort of moisturizes. No flakes, no irritation, but sadly it is awfully small given it's outrageous price (you can get 2.5% bpo from the drugstore for under $7).