July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Hair - Stila - crème bouquet hair refresher

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ColorDream

I've been wanting to try dry shampoos for a while. I chose this one because I like Stila products and this one got excellent reviews on Amazon. When it came, I tried it immediately. My hair was very greasy as I had not washed it in over a week. My hair is a mixture of fine and thick strands. My scalp tends to get very oily, but I'm hesitant to wash it everyday. This stuff works wonders! A little goes a long way and it takes care of the greasiness like a charm! It also gives my hair body -- which regular shampooing doesn't seem to do. It also leaves my hair with a fresh, clean scent. I can't say enough good things about this product. Yes, it's a little pricey, but it's money well spent, in my opinion. It also lasts a couple of days -- so daily re-application isn't necessary. I use a few methods to apply dry shampoo. One, is to sprinkle some in both hands and work it through my hair. Another, is to use a makeup brush to pick it up off the palm of my hand and apply it. I use this method for touch ups. The third, is to simply take the bottle and "puff" it onto my hair and work it through. This stuff is wonderful! If you're not a dry shampoo convert yet, this just might change your mind. I know I'll be using this for a long time to come.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Ciji63

Best dry shampoo hair powder out there! It adds volume, takes away the oil and makes hair smell fresh. The volume is actually the best part of this powder. I sprinkle some on my Mason Pearson brush and brush hard for a good minute. Make sure that the powder is evenly distributed or the white residue will show (I have dark brown hair and it is not a problem IF I brush enough). Great product and I really hope they don't discontinue. I am tempted to stock up with a case of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

I think this is a love it or hate it type of product. I really couldn't live with out this. I have long hair that I cannot wash every day. Without this, I'd have a greasy, stinky, oily mess all the time. This product MAKES my hair. It adds volume and texture, keeps it fresh looking and even makes it smell nice. My hair is actually BETTER a day after washing with some of this powder sprinkled in, as opposed to freshly washed. They used to carry it at Sephora but no longer do, but I just order it online now. I hope they never discontinue it. It's seriously my best kept secret. I love it! HOLY GRAIL

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by evienoir

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just enough fragrance. Remember the rule ladies: If he can smell you, you're wearing too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Starberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product because it allows me not only to get away with not washing for a day (I've got pretty oily hair) but it also is a great styling tool for clean hair. It takes away the oiliness and adds volume and lift. I like the packaging because it's easy to squirt on the spray just where you want it. Plus, it smells amazing!

The only thing that would improve it is if it came in colors to match your hair; the powder is white so if you accidentally put too much on you have to brush it through until it's not white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple product for me. I bought this because I have thick hair that is a hassle to wash every day. Also Creme Bouquet is my very favorite scent, and Stila doesn't make the perfume any more, just the hair refresher :( It does give your hair volume and takes away the greasiness. The scent helps if you have cigarette smoke/strong food smells in your hair and don't have time for a shower. It's also great when you're camping. I have both the Creme Bouquet and the Jade Blossom scents and have noticed the Creme Bouquet lasts longer. My only complaint is that it's over priced - I thought for $28 I would be receiving a bigger bottle. But it does last a very long time (I've now had the same bottle for at least two years and still have more than half left), because you don't need to use much. I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

Smells nice, lasts all day and it really does refresh your hair (only if you can distribute it evenly on every part of your hair/scalp). It would be more effective if it came in a spray can. Even though the bottle is pretty small for the price but it lasts pretty long (I use it daily).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LizClara

I have been using Khlorane and Baptiste spray dry shampoos for several years now, and they both work great. The only gripe I had was that I go through the bottles so fast (they have like nothing in them, I feel its like when you open a bag of chips and half the bag is just air) and would routinely go to use it in the morning and find the can empty or with only a teeny bit left. Even when I would buy and stockpile 4 or 5 bottles at a time, I still burned through it, using it about 4-5 days a week. I have very long, thick hair that only needs to be washed about 2x a week...if I wash it too often it gets frizzy and dry.

I decided to try this because I thought it would be longer lasting, and so far I seem to be right. I have been using it for a couple weeks now and dont seem to have made much of a dent in the amount. Big pro- I LOVE the smell! Especially since Baptiste smells like Lemon Pledge. This is important because hair holds fragrance the longest. The only cons are that the application is a little trickier, it does leave a gray tinge to the hair (the sprays brush through invisibly, unless you go way overboard with application), and it leaves a little "grip" to the hair, which is a pro if you are styling it, but if you just let your hair hang naturally like I do most of the time, its a little annoying. So far, I am not bothered enough by the cons to go back to the sprays...eventhough this product costs more up front, it will save me a lot of money and hassle in the long run.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

What is this ewww! Putting powder on hair just feels gross. I like the scent don't me wrong but my hair feels gross when I put this on. My hair gets really oily and this doesn't do anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by gibbylet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a swap after reading the reviews, I had been about to buy some bumble & bumble hair powder but this looked like a better bet from the reviewers statements.
Pros - pretty bottle, lots of product, and it works. I don't take the time to perfect the application like some reviewers do, but it still makes a big difference on the days when I don't wash my hair. I have medium length fine & thick hair, and it brightens it up and gives it a ton of volume too. It takes me about 45 seconds to do a haphazard job and make me presentable for leaving the house when I think my hair isn't up to snuff.
Cons - it could have a better sifter sort of lid to make it easier to dispense, and although the fragrance is like a pleasant flowery baby powder, my husband can smell it in my hair when I wear it.
This bottle will probably last 2-3 years, and I will likely try Bumble before I repurchase it, but if it's not superior I will be buying this again.