April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Cherries in the Snow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for the right magenta, something that's not obnoxious but still stands out. This is perfect. It's like magenta with a hint of red, for my skintone (NC 25-40, olive & tan) this is not red red, red for me is darker more brick like.
The formula is awesome, the brush laid down the color pretty wide like the more expensive polishes, but it was easy to control. I got great coverage with just 1 coat, it leveled out as it dried, and felt really rich.
Plus it was only $4-5!
I used this with a gold glitter on the tips and had a great manicure for my trip to Vegas!
Definitely try it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

beautiful sexy red with a pink tinge is youthful and fresh. creamy formula is easy to work with and i love the retro feel of it. love the fact that this has a matching lipstick that is gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Jywhite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new go-to red. I am a cool tone gal and this compliments my hands perfectly. It's easy to find at Walmart or the drug store and under $5. I use a fast dry top coat and it's perfection. This will be my holiday nail color for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Emma241

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all-time favourite nail polish colour. It's such a nice vibrant, bright pinky red. I love Revlon nail polishes, as they are really good quality and pretty cheaply priced. And I love the bottles they come in, they look so classy. I also find the brush and formula really good and easy to apply with. This would be a good colour to start out with if you haven't really experimented with red coloured nail polish before, as it's not a really dark red.

10/10!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. It was thick and gloppy. Doesn't coat evenly at all and don't get me started on how it stained my fingers. Absolutely horrible. Color looks very pretty, I just wish it would work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is the perfect red for cool tones!

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle in the summer). This color looks AMAZING on my hands, I received so many compliments. It is now my new favorite red.
Only took 1 lippie off because it seems to chip easily : (

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I am a huge nail polish fan and this colour suits my NC20 tone very well. Cherries in the Snow is a blue-based red. I would say it is a combination of fuchsia and classic red.
I got really sick of wearing classic and orangey reds, so I purchased this. I am happy with the colour but I'm finding that I'm just really over red at the moment. Recently I've been wearing crazy colours such as lilac, dark green, and aqua, so I think I'm in a phase where I'm not interested in predictable colours. This is a good "safe" colour though. If I need a nice red, I will definitely wear this shade because it is one of the best red shades I have tried. I am also happy with its quality: it's smooth and glossy. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are so many interesting shades out there. Overall, not a bad product, not amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I absolutely adore this color (both the nail polish and the lipstick, actually). BUT, the nail polish stained the heck out of my fingers. They were a bright pink for a day or two after taking it off. I've never had that happen before with other bright red/pink nail polishes, so that's why it didn't get 5 stars from me, and probably why I wouldn't personally buy it again if I ever ran out (which, let's face it, I won't).

But the overall color and application are great. For less than $5 at the drugstore, it's a pretty good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect, classic pink-red polish that is the perfect counterpart to the warmer Revlon Red. I love Cherries in the Snow because it's beautiful and also because I love the retro feel of it and the happy memories it evokes (see my review of Revlon Red). It's the colour the Ya-ya sisters painted their nails on warm afternoons and swore they always would even when they were grown-ups. I think it's more pink than red and it's the perfect summer pedi.
The formula isn't great, it gets bubbly if applied too thickly or too quickly and it takes forever to dry, but quick dry top coats have really helped that. It is under $5 and frequent coupons and promos make it half that or even free. It's an American classic and I will always have a bottle around. However, if you don't have any sentimental attachment to it, interest in vintage cosmetics, or live somewhere it's expensive I would suggest that you can find another pink/red with an easier to work with formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

What a fabulous striking 'red'. To me it is not a true red but rather a very bright raspberry shade that looks great with my fair cool skin tone. Great for any time of the year. My only complaint is that I found it a little awkward to work with - it is quite runny - but I am a little of a nail varnish phobe who tends to paint knuckles and all. A couple of coats of this varnish achieves a lovely opaque, glossy coverage. Lasts really well with a good top coat. Great for those special occastions or you just feel like cheering yourself up.