April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by HausOfMusic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It has a really nice matte finish and If you blend it nicely, it doesn't look cakey. It didn't break me out and It's really cheap. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by erica5574

i don't like this product.
it is expensive (in Australia it is RP of $22)
this product doesn't last very long and is unhygienic because you hand/brushes are going in and out and can cause bacteria.
overall i think it is not the worst but definetly not the best product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this because I needed a cream/mousse foundation that doesn't contain SPF. After much research, it was between this and Rimmel's Lasting Finish liquid foundation. Well, I bought both because, well because it's makeup!! Anyhow, this is pretty good stuff, especially with primer. I tried applying with a stippling brush and a beauty blender and neither yielded good results. My ELF Studio powder brush proved to be the winner in this battle. The consistency is smooth and when applied with a flat top brush, my skin looks airbrushed. My shade was pretty easy to find - Natural Beige. The shade was a perfect match - which is pretty damn amazing since I usually have to mix at least two shades to get a match. Good job, Maybelline. The coverage is buildable - I usually only need one application to get an even tone. For heavier coverage, I just spot apply using the same brush.

There is no scent, the product itself is pretty creamy and the packaging is typical of mousse/cream foundations. It does seem like a small amount of product in the pan, but I assume that's because you really don't need much to get a nice result. I'd repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

I'm not a fan. I may not be applying it correctly as I find it messy to use. I just dip a clean sponge in the pot and try to just get a little product and kind of dab on where needed. Blends good but even though I'm careful some product drops off sponge as it is cakey. I have had little balls of it on my shirt. Annoying. I guess I'm not a fan of the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Everythinghappens4areason

i have a tanned skin, oily acne prone face, and a tight budget. I bought my first one two months ago and it works ok. It cost me P500 in the Philippines then in US i bought my second one for $8 to 10. It will be cakey IF you put too much on. I suggest use a concealer (i use Covergirl invisible concealer - light pale {btw this was my first concealer thats why its too light/whiter than my skin]) then put the foundation next in LIGHT LAYERS. It lasts for about a whole school day (7.30 am-3pm). My skin works ok to it. BUT dont forget to remove it after because it will give you a few zits. The shorter/longer you let it stay + how much you put on = works great/disaster.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by emmacurriee

I really didn't like this product, it looked very cakey and left my pours looking massive. This was one of the first foundations I ever used and i wouldn't buy it again. Unfortunately I used it until the product was done because I hate wasting foundation (it was a nightmare), I like foundation to make my skin look smooth but this just made my skin look cakey and oily which made me very self conscious. I don't remember how much it cost but I assume it was between 5-7. I give this product a 2/5 and would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I'm a loner here, but this is alright for my skin! I use the light ivory shade since I'm as pale as a ghost. I actually like how it feels, its so soft and light! With a beauty blender I got some good coverage out of this, and I didn't find it that cakey. Maybe by the end of the day, but only if I reapplied powder. For the price, I may buy again. I like it more than other mousse foundations I own.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cakeeeyyyyyy.
This was the first foundation I ever bought. I wanted something to even out my complexion and I had combination skin back then, so I thought I'd try it.
What a terible decision that was.
There's literally no coverage to this foundation. When I apply a thin layer, it looks chalky and cakey. When I try to layer on more, it pills up and rolls off of my face, and I'm back to square one. Regardless of what brush I use or if I use my fingers, this will happen.
It didn't do much for oil control either.
Highly discourage anyone from buying this. Not even worth $0.50.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee

Ehhhh cakey !

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly don't know why I purchased this or why I used it for so long. I'm pale yet the coverage leaves me looking like a chalky ghost nightmare. It is very drying and ends up creasing in any little smile lines you may have. Even when applied over a heavy moisturizer it manages to suck the life out of your skin. Somehow it deadens all the lovely bits of my skin and doesn't cover any imperfections. I've tried applying this several ways but it just doesn't work. I wouldn't recommend this to ANYONE because it will age your skin during wearing.