November 28, 2014 | 1892 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blends nicely and has a nice unique texture but is gone in spots where i need it by midday and clings to dry patches.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by AngelaLOVE123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this foundation was 'OK'. I got the shade light porcelain 004 which was a good match but a bit too light (the darker shades were too dark). I have oily skin so thought it would be good to keep me matte. However, it just started to completely dry out my face and it was going all flaky and didnt look healthy when I put the foundation on. It also looked a bit cakey and you could definitely tell I had it on. I did like the coverage as it was medium - full on my skin and doubled as my concealer at the time. I stopped using this because I went to put it on I twisted the lid off and it fell to pieces on the floor! The glass just broke! I don't think it was very strong because I had never dropped it so dont know what happened. Wouldn't repurchase because too drying and bad for skin. Think it have me more breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by hy1ian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this foundation, I didn't like it whatsoever. It was streaky, barely medium coverage, and lasted maybe 2-3 hours.
After reading different makeup tips, I decided to put on powder before applying the foundation with my clean fingers. I know that sounds weird and gives the impression that it'd make the foundation chalky but it really doesn't! It makes the foundation apply smoothly and makes the coverage flawless (keep in mind I have deep red medium to severe acne marks).
I use Mac Studio Fix Powder beforehand which works great, but using a translucent powder works just as well. After applying the foundation, I set the foundation with the same powder and it lasts 6-7 hours but I just touch up with powder and I'm good to go.
If you didn't like the foundation, don't let it go to waste! Try different methods of applying the foundation to see what suits you best.
I'm NC20-NC25 in Mac and the shade Nude is perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by k8lynm1ch3l3

I purchased this product due to Google reviews... I've been purchasing drug store foundations of all brands so I have no "higher end" foundations to compare to. I rated 2/5 because I love the way this product went on. It's smooth and creamy, gave me a semi matte finish, but after about 2 hours I was super greasy. I wouldn't suggest to someone with combination / oily skin. It just didn't last :( I was excited when I was done with my make up to see how natural it looked and I wanted to love it, but it didn't even last.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by pontn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that hardly anyone seems to like this. Personally, I have been loving this ever since I started wearing makeup. I have strayed, of course, as you do when you are young and wild at heart - from the expensive crap in pretty bottles, to the liquid frauds of the high street. But I always come back to this. Convinced it's true love.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by HannahSunn

I really did not like this foundation. It hardly did anything to my skin! I felt like it just made me look orange. I hated this product! Which is weird because my friend absolutely loved this foundation. I guess if depends on the person. I would not recommend this foundation though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This was the first "real" foundation I used and I love it! My T-Zone gets super oily but this foundation completely stops that! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder with this and I never get oily skin whilst wearing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Missmakeup789

I have LIVED by this foundation for the past few years, lately though it hasn't worked the same and I get a new one every month. I have reaaaally oily skin. And wearing this foundation it looks flawless for about 4 hours, then the oil starts showing and it gets greasy and i can literally see my finger prints if I were to touch my face. I am trying something new today but this will be my go-to foundation if this other foundation doesn't work out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My feelings about this foundation can be summed up in one word: HORRIBLE! I've tried the Dream Matte Airfoam and didn't like it. But I actually really like the Dream Matte Liquid Mousse. I was curious about this makeup. In the Dream Matte Liquid Mousse, creamy natural is a good match for me. So I bought this in creamy natural as well. BIG mistake. The Creamy Natural in the Mousse makeup is quite a bit darker than the same shade in the Dream Mousse liquid. I could tell as soon as I opened the jar that it was going to be WAY too dark. I could tell just by placing my finger in the mousse. Needless to say, I wasn't about to put it on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by iHaileyloco

I am a makeup artist,and this is my favorite drugstore foundation hands down. I have acne but not necessarily oily skin..so it works perfect for coverage and love the matte finish it gives! I have been using this product for years now and I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No