Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 3/7/2015 12:20:00 PM

Everyone else says pretty much what I want to say, but just to add to the raves about the multiple benefits of ACV in your body inside and outside:

DRINK IT. 3 ounces a day, don't dilute, just chug it down and chase it with a sip of water.

Dilute in a glass bottle and splash face with it then rinse splash with cold water to reset the ph of the skin after a cleanse or mask or what have you.

use that same diluted rinse, more of it of course, on hair after shampooing. Rinse well, and do that once every two or three shampoos to keep residue down and get nice bounce and shine. Don't over do it. Not every wash.

Put in on a cotton pad over an inflamed bruise or even dose it on heavily on a sore spot, like an over-trained hip joint or knee (a trick from my nurse client who swears it lowers inflammation when applied as a compress.)

wipe down cutting boards with it to disinfect

And finally, drink it (yeah I said that at the beginning) but really: get the big bottle for 20 bucks and put some into a smaller bottle in fridge and rest can be room temp no worries there, and shake it up to get that mother bacteria all dissolved (it settles like sediment, that is good stuff, have no fear, if it's not present then that is not good acv!)
DRINK it. Do your research. Thousands of years of internal use and records and research into this ACV for over all health and it is so cheap compared to supplements that are so iffy and sketchy.
Your skin nails hair digestion immune system....ALL will benefit!
enjoy!

on 3/5/2015 12:36:00 AM

I have been waiting a long time to write this review, and it's possible I have already written a review for this product! But I have finally figured out how to use it with flawless results :)

In the past, I tried it topically as a toner - but I didn't dilute it (stupid) and was bummed out that it broke me out more. I tried mixing it with green tea as well but for some reason it just never really did much for me. I then tried taking it internally, diluting a tablespoon or so in a glass of water. I remember my skin clearing up - but for some reason I couldn't get over the taste and stopped after a week. Fast forward a few years, still breaking out at the age of 25, tried everything under the sun and becoming pretty hopeless. I remembered that I did get results drinking it, and decided to try it again.

The first couple weeks were rough, I definitely purged and suffered through a few big breakouts. But let me tell you, once you get through it, you will be so glad you stuck with it!! Even though it sucks, the purge is beneficial; since ACV detoxifies the body and blood, the built up toxins inside of us have to escape somehow; i.e through our skin (and/or waste...and I did experience this effect of detox, too). I have been taking ACV internally for just over 3 weeks now, and my skin has NEVER been better. The last week I have also started trying applying it topically again, this time mixing it 1:3 with filtered water. Again, much better results this time around so i'm a happy camper!!
I like to mix the ACV with hot water and honey - I drink it first thing in the morning, and right before I go to bed. I initially started with 2 tbs per cup, so 4 tbs per day - I have now cut down to just 2 tbs per day with no side effects or breakouts. It's definitely not a cure all - I still get small breakouts here and there, but NOTHING compared to what I used to. I literally haven't seen my skin this well behaved since before puberty!
Give it a try, and if you don't like it and are still breaking out...well, maybe try again :)

on 3/1/2015 9:01:00 PM

I started using this as a toner when I got pregnant. I began to develop these weird cystic-like bumps all over my cheeks and neck. This ACV was the only thing that kept them at bay. Ever since then, I've used this as a spot treatment, or as a toner if my skin is breaking out in multiple places. I personally don't dilute it, but it doesn't bother my skin. Yes, the smell is terrible but it goes away and it's worth it to me to have clear skin. If your skin is sensitive, I highly recommend you dilute this. I also take a shot of this every day and chug water afterward. It helps with digestion and helps keep the flora in your intestines at a healthy level. I will never be without my ACV!

on 2/2/2015 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using a 1:1 solution of ACV and water to combat the dry skin I get on the sides of my nostrils. I use the mixture twice per day and the redness and flakiness has been greatly reduced. I am so happy with how my skin looks now!

on 1/11/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

amazing shit right here. gets rid of acne, clogged pores, annoying bumps on your face that don't go away no matter what, etc. i use it as a toner (1/2 water and 1/2 acv), and put it on a cotton round to apply on my face after cleansing. god bless acv.

on 1/7/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Apple Cider Vinegar has been a crucial step to my skin routine for the past 4 years. It was a major game changer when I was still struggling with my acne.

It helps to reduce and treat breakouts, has anti-bacterial properties, has a naturally occurring Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) to help to naturally exfoliate the skin which hence give it some anti-aging property.

How I use it: Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

In a air-tight glass jar, mix one teaspoon/tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to 3 teaspoon/tablespoon of room temperature green tea or distilled water.

This is the starting concentration I would recommend to any who are just starting on Apple Cider Vinegar. Chill toner in the refrigerator to minimise any irritation and for a greater pore minimising effect when applied to the skin. The maximum concentration I have tried and will recommend is 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar : 2 tablespoon green tea /distilled water.

Tone using a cotton pad after cleansing, preferably at night. It does smell a bit, hence I wouldn't recommend using it in the day. If the smell gets too much, dilute mixture further.

Note: Using green tea may be great for its anti-oxidising effects, but do note that the 'shelf-life' of your toner will dramatically shorten due to the natural oxidation process that green tea undergoes. I opt for distilled water on lazy days.

How It Works

-Antibacterial properties

The acetic acid component in Apple Cider Vinegar have proved to be anti-bacterial. This is great for those who are prone to breakouts as many cases of acne can be attributed to P. acnes bacteria. I talked about how P.acnes bacteria causes acne in my post Clear Skin: The Cause of Breakouts.

Exfoliation

Apple Cider Vinegar contains naturally derived Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA) mainly in the form of malic acid which is a chemical exfoliant. It gently slough away dead skin cells on the skin's surface while stimulating cell turnover. The AHA component have been proven to be effective in treating acne, which is what I attribute my success with Apple Cider Vinegar to.

pH balance:

Some sources have noted that Apple Cider Vinegar have the ability to restore the skin's natural pH at 4.5-5.5. They mentioned that our skin may become more alkaline with the regular use of facial cleansers, which may make it more susceptible to acne breakouts.

Another concern that I did not talk about in my posts on Salicylic acid and AHA products is the pH level. The concern is that the products might not be acidic enough for it to genuinely be effective. This has never been a major concern of mine because of my regular use of my Apple Cider Vinegar toner underneath those products.

To read on about more benefits of ACV and side effects read on at :

on 12/14/2014 12:47:00 AM

Apple cider vinegar is great! I have used it on my skin before both diluted and undiluted. If you are going to use it on your skin, I'd recommend diluted as it made my face quite red and irritated using it undiluted! I thought it worked as well as any other toner I've used, and plus it's all natural! I don't use it on my skin any more because I don't see toner as necessary for my skin, but after reading these rave reviews, I'm tempted to give it another try.
I now only drink it, and I love it! Most people are put off by the smell and taste, but I have no issues with either! I think it just smells slightly of vinegar. Granted I wouldn't want to use it as a perfume or anything, but I don't find it THAT bad haha. I also kinda like the taste. I expected it to be much worse. Since I've been drinking it most mornings, I've started to enjoy it even more. It's almost refreshing to me! My whole family thinks I'm nuts and all say it stinks like dirty feet and tastes about the same, so I guess I'm in the minority haha. Perhaps my body craves it because it's alkalizing? I will continue drinking it because I like it and it's meant to be very good for you. I also think it helps keep breakouts at bay (not entirely, but skin looks clearer). World of caution though, drink it though a straw! It is highly acidic for your teeth! Wash your mouth out with water after you drink it too if you can, but never brush your teeth or you may cause the enamel to wear away. I've heard some people shot it undiluted. I would NOT recommend this. I have tried having just a teaspoon straight and boy did it BURN! I drink about 1-2 tablespoons in a cup of warm water usually. It's good stuff :)

on 12/8/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has THE WORSE SMELL ever. I can't stand it -it gives me headaches. For that reason, I can't use it as a toner and even when I tried my face seemed pretty dull (which is not usual ever since I started OCM). I do however have two great uses for ACV and that's why I'll continue to repurchase.

1) It's a great spot treatment for blemishes, even cystic acne. I dip a qtip in some ACV and use it to spot treat blemishes for about 2-3 minutes a night. I don't feel anything at first, but on the 2nd or 3rd day I'll feel it sting (don't leave it on too long or it will frost then burn your skin!). That's when I know that the blemish will be all but gone the next morning.

2) I use ACV with the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay for a very powerful mask. My skin was very clear when I had the time to use this mask 2-3x a week.

on 12/6/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Dilute this (1/3 Vinegar) with distilled or boiled water, put some drops of Essential Oils if you like to, or mix Aloe Vera, Glycerin in it. Play with it as you like, or just mix it in your usual toner. It's definitely the best Toner on earth for oily/acne prone skin.

on 12/4/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I diluted 1 part ACV to 2 parts water and use it twice a day; morning and before night sleep. First, I was skeptical, I've tried so many products to get rid of my acney-proney (hahah is it even a word?) face but it didn't get any better. I was so hopeless and finally tried to get used to it until one day I read about this natural recipe somewhere on the net. I read so many positive reviews so I decided to give it a try. Then I started hunting down the main ingredient (I use Bragg ACV) which is so damn difficult to find in my country. But thanks God I found it although it's quite pricey.

I've been using this toner for just two days, yes, TWO DAYS, yet my skin shows so much improvement. It heals my here-and-there pimples, they're calmer now; my acne scars that have been there on my face for oh-so-long are also fading. It's more than I expected.

For now I'll just give it 4 stars and I'll give an update a month from now.

Video Reviews & Tutorials