MAC Lustreglass - Spring Bean

4.3

on 5/15/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a sheer green shimmering gloss to top off lipsticks with for a fun effect! Great for layering. Unique.

on 4/22/2013 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my all time favorite lipglosses ever! Spring Bean is a lusterglass. In the tube it looks lime green with sparkles/glitter. On the lips it looks DIVINE! Think glamour, polished makeup and wet caramel lips with reflective sparkles. Gorgeous!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Green in the tube, caramel on my lips with minimal sparkle.

I put it over bright colors (orange, red) to tone them down just a bit. I've used it since 2002/2003. Sadly, I can't buy it again because it's been discontinued.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I saw this at my local MAC counter, I was going "Oh dear Lord, I wonder how green lipgloss is going to turn out...". So I decided to swatch it on my hand, and it still looked green, but there was something about it that I loved that made me buy it. So I got home, took it out of the box, and tried it on. The green completely dissapeared on my lips, but it left me a wonderful natural caramel colour on my lips that I was amazed by. I applied this in a restaurant full of people, and I got a few stares, because it was green lip gloss. So you will get a few looks if you apply this in public.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I initially purchased this because any makeup product that's different from the norm instantly grabs my attention (such as foam foundation). I mean, green lip gloss? I thought it was one of those fashion-forward colors that was part of a spring collection or something, but nope.
Turns out that the green is supposed to counteract with the redness/pinkiness in your lips to create a golden color--which, to be honest, made me disappointed, because the shade of green in the tube looks so pretty! And I really was looking forward to green-tinted lips.
But regardless, it's very interesting. Not really a new concept with the green/yellow/orange concealer and all, but still interesting.
The color that shows up on your lips is a golden, caramel color that isn't really flattering on me or my NC30-35 skintone (I prefer light peachy pinks), but I can layer on different kinds of lip glosses over this if I ever want a golden sheen.
But I just LOVE everyone's reactions when you whip out this lip gloss!!! I think I might keep this in my makeup bag just for moments like that lol.
Anyway, the consistency of this is great. It's not sticky like the Lipglasses are, but it's smooth and glossy. This is actually my first Lustreglass; I only own Lipglasses and Cremesheen Glasses!
Would I repurchase? No.

on 5/26/2011 5:49:00 AM

I bought this after I emailed a MAC artist if she could recommend me a lipgloss that would actually show up on my lips. My lips are very, very pigmented even though I have very pale skin, they are very red. She told me that this lipgloss would neutralise my lips and make them a lovely honey colour.

Hmm, I received the gloss yesterday and needless to say it just looks like a clear, shiny gloss, my lips look the same but shiny. Im very disappointed because if I wanted a clear gloss I could have got one for much cheaper rather than 12.50.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

What a springy color with shimmer and shine. MAC has high quality and quantity of makeup, especially the lipsticks and the lipglosses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MAC's spring bean lustreglass is amazing! I love how it has a brush applicator. The color is extremely unique and when its on the lips it gives them a gold and yellow sheen.However, the consistency of the product is thick and sticky. The lady working at the MAC counter told me they were discontinuing the lustreglass!
UPDATEE: okay so if you mix anything green with red, it can turn brown or neutral!! and i put a pink toned lipstick under this lipglass and it completely changed the colour! (: you can do SO MANY looks with this! try mixing different tones with it!

on 4/22/2011 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Over the years I have owned many MAC lipglosses (Tinted Lipglass, Dazzleglass, Lustreglass) but I gave them away to my mum, my sister, and my cousin. I am much more into lipstick (and Kissable Lipcolours).

But Spring Bean is amazing. This is the only MAC lipgloss I would repurchase. MAC describes it as a "new apple green with gold sparkle pearl overglaze". It makes my pigmented lips look like caramel.

on 3/19/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

just to add a comment. Rimmel used to make or at least still selling in some places, three golden tones lipglosses like this one and eachof them are absolutely beautiful. check them out. not smelly, not sticky, perfect alone or over other colors

Recommended for Medium Skin