December 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Blush - MAC - Dollymix

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Apply sparingly with one very gentle sweep of the brush. Fantastic colour pay off. Beautiful dolly pink colour that is true to what you see in the pan! Looks great with eye makeup in blues or greens. I've had mine ages as you need very little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Ingriedche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

works well on my yellow-to-tan skin colour. Got nothing to complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love it. It has some subtle shimmer, but nothing too 'fake' or noticeable. It makes your face come alive and gives your cheeks a healthy glow :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by phoebechadwick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My sister uses this and I thought, "gosh, that looks like clown make up." Wrong again as usual. Just a sweep on the cheekbone is all one needs to look fresh and vibrant. A little goes a long way if you know what I mean.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by funky_bee

Unlike many pink blushes, this does not turn orange on my face. The colour is lovely and shimmery. Perfect for the night. However, one must remember to use this with a very light hand, in order not to end up like a clown.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this blush! Usually pink blushes, especially bright pinks, tend to look orangey on me, but Dollymix comes off a true pink on my skin. It has shimmer, but it's not too glittery, and gives a really pretty glowy appearance to my cheeks. All in all, I love it. Definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NW 50, and this blush makes me look like a clown. It's just not flattering at all. The color is too bright and unnatural on my skin tone. Even when I use a light hand, it still looks jarring on me. I wouldn't recommend this for darker-skinned ladies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It is a very bright doll like pink blush with a bit of glitter in it. Can provide an extremely bright pink cheek when applied with a heavy hand, especially if you are pale. Will work for any skin tone. I like it best in summer when my skin is tanned (NW20/25). Staying power is excellent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MAC Dollytone is a really, really bright pink in the pan. It looks kind of scarey, like it's going to look cheap on you. but it doesn't. And, with my twilight bright white skintone, this shade actually looked pretty awesome. It's kind of sheer unless you just keep loading it on. It looks nice. So why did I give it 4 lippies? Well, like most powder blushes, it started to look dry on my cheeks after about an hour. It looked dry even though I had used a good moisturizer and then my usual routine of a little glycerin based lotion and my usual BB cream.
So, you would think I'd give it 5 lippies because I know that I have dry skin and experience problems using a powder blush. No can do, because I can use the powder blush in my Too Faced Glamour to Go II Pocket Palette, using the same skin routine, and I have hours of wear with no blush settling into any pores or fine lines or creasing into fine wrinkles when I smile.
So, I figure, if Too Faced can come up with a powder blush that I can use on my dry skin then surely MAC can; especially when I just paid almost as much for that blush as I paid at Sephora for the WHOLE Too Faced Pocket Palette.
Well, I was swapping with a nice MUAer and was already sending her a new Smashbox blush. But I had been held up shipping and she had been incredibly nice about it, so, noting on her wishlist that she likes bright blushes, I think that she will be really pleased with the extra that I threw in with her swap.
And, for excellent colour, great pigmentation and wearability if you do NOT have very dry skin, 4 lippies and recommended...IF you don't have VERY dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by misstaryn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

im nc45 and I love this blush. i can see this working for many skin tones but prob not much darker than mine. it is a fresh girly wearable pink. the shimmer is very subtle and flattering without looking glittery. this blends beautifully. i will buy again and again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No