April 24, 2014 | 2037 users online

Polishes - OPI - Hong Kong Sunrise

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this product almost 2 years ago when I went to get a pedicure and told the nail tech to surprise me. I went to ulta the next day to buy this shade.... it's coral & salmony and bright, but still manages to be wearable. I can pull this off in an office environment on my fingernails and I think it complements olive tones nicely. It's nice to have options other than a french manicure or sheer pink at the office.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

This colour is SO beautiful... I'm so glad I picked it up... it was on sale too! I'd describe it as a rosy coral salmon with golden shimmer. Looks nice against my olive/tan skin tone. One coat is enough - doesn't chip for days - and I love the wide brush. I wish all polishes had the brush that OPI's have. This is a colour I will certainly repurchase.

If the colour in this bottle is an accurate depiction of what sunrises look like in Hong Kong, then wow - you folks have a mighty pretty sight to see in the morning. : )

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by iloveOPI

I love this color! I bought it online and was slightly afraid that it would be too orange, but it actually looks amazing on my warm-toned skin. On me, it looks like a peach color with a hint of orange.

I have been searching for a color like this for a while, ever since I saw a colleague wear a beautiful peach polish. However, hers was prone to chipping, so I wanted to find a similar color that was longer-lasting. I finally found it in Hong Kong Sunrise!

The shade reminds me of leaves changing colors in the fall, so I'm very excited to wear it this fall. However, it would be a great spring and summer color as well. It would look amazing on my toes at the beach.

EDIT - I don't know if there was something with the lighting the last time that I wore it before reviewing this color, but now, I feel like it looks more like bright coral. It still looks great, but it just seems brighter now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by phyllistaylor

It's a great polish that has the most attractive color I've seen. The color goes well with my skin and clothes and it looks great. There is no chipping or cracking. The only con about this is that sometimes the entire coating of polish on my nails fall off. It is annoying sometimes but it's okay since I just repaint my entire nail instead of messing around with nail polish remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pinky coral copper rose shimmer. It is a shade warmer than the colour that is often termed tea rose in lipsticks and blush. It is a touch darker than the picture, which is accurate if the polish is viewed in sunlight.

It has a bit of brown in it to tone it down, we aren't talking shrieking coral pink (which I am also fond of) such as OPI on Collins Ave or My Chihuahua bites.

I'd actually call it a neutral with life to it polish.

We are talking a shade of warm pink just a touch deeper and warmer than Suzi Sells Sushi. If you ever thought Suzi's Sushi shade was too light, try this one.

It isn't deep enough to fit in with the coral red tones, but it has that bronze shimmer that Smoking in Havana does so well, only a few shade lighter than THAT one.

So it's a warm shimmery in a pearly sort of tea rose blended with bronzey and coppery tones polish.

Covers nicely in 2 coats. One is a touch too sheer, 2 will cover the nail tip margin nicely.

Mine lasts well, but I do use a base coat (Sally H's Age Correct) and a top coat (Sally H's no chip insta dri top coat) and I am careful to clean off my nails with polish remover before starting. I have also learnt it's best to use gloves for dry and wet cleaning projects, and not to scratch things with my nails whether itchy skin or labels off jars.

That said, I get 3 to 4 days from this polish, assuming a fresh top coat after day 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by firewoman450

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had it applied at a salon with a pedicure after admiring it on another customer. Very pretty color and it lasted without a single chip for 8 weeks until I had it removed and (foolishly) switched to another color. Will definitely use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by accentcc

This polish is one of the most beautiful colors I have worn. It is peachy orangey salmony, corally, but also neutral looking on my NC15 hands. Just incredibly flattering. I thought it was pretty in the bottle, on it is 10 times prettier. I could wear this polish to a beach party, I could also wear it to a high-powered business meeting. It is the best of both worlds. I would rebuy in a heartbeat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Hong Kong Sunrise is a shimmery salmon dark peach-orange polish. What you see in the bottle is what you get on your nails. Even though I'm warm toned with yellow undertones in my skin this color did not work for me at all. It was way too orange. The application and finish were a dream, though - smooth application and highly shiny when I was done. I can't comment on the wear because it was only on my nails for two days before I couldn't stand it anymore. I just can't wear orange - which is too bad because I have a bunch more OPIs in the orange tint/tone to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this color totally on MUA advice - never would have picked up that bottle. The descriptions of the color on the nails are quite accurate - salmony coral with bronze shine. However, I don't think it looks that special on my hands (I am warm-toned). Just a little orangey. Maybe it would look better on toes - will try that next. A nice change from pale pink and deep reds but not HG
Edit: tried it again on my hands. Got several comments, 2 out of 3 negative. It is just too orange

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by vatonc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't expect to LOVE this color as much as I do!!! This is such a better color on me than Your Villa or Mine! The bottle color totally doesn't do it justice. It is perfect for my pale, warm toned skin. On me this is a copper/peachy combo that is not too bright, yet not so drab that it's boring. You could definitely wear this in a conservative setting (like the office). It is not a trendy color, but more of a staple. I am very impressed with this one!