September 2, 2014 | 1136 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by guitarheroine91

This product is okay. The good thing is it doesn't break me out at all. It is fairly moisturizing for my dry combination skin, and doesn't cause any irritation.

However, it does leave a white cast on my face, and I'm fairly pale so I can't imagine how that would look on someone more tan. It also feels very heavy and almost tacky. I can definitely tell I'm wearing something with this. I like my moisturizers to feel lightweight and to let my skin breathe, and this just doesn't fit the bill.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really dry, sensitive skin and I was looking for something that is cheaper than my HG Aveeno ultra calming. I decided since a lot of people love this moisturizer and I usually like Olay products that I'd try this out, and the price was great ($10).

After using this my face feels slightly greasy, it doesn't soak into my skin at all and leaves my skin feeling tight. I need a moisturizer that is going to sink into my extremely dry skin, and I've been using this in the humid summer I'm terrified how dry my face would be with this in the winter. I would definitely NOT recommend this if you have very dry skin and need something that will soak in and doesn't leave a greasy film. I'll be returning this today

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Day two of using this product, so far, so good. I was recently diagnosed with rosacea and already have seborrheic dermatitis at times. This one is great for not only the ingredients used (no oxybenzone, which is an irritant for people like me) but the protection and moisture it gives you. I will wear this every day, whether I wear foundation over it or not. The price is right, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by trimgal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 58 years old and have been using Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin for probably 10 years. It is one of the only moisturizers or sunscreens that doesn't make my face sting or feel weird the day of or after. Because it has 6% zinc oxide, I know it has broad spectrum protection no matter what the box says. I think because it isn't waterproof, they have to put that on the label.
If I am going to be out in the sun for a long time, I will put on Blue Lizard or something that is waterproof, but for most days this is the greatest.
Plus, I refuse to pay big money for a decent everyday moisturizer and it is available at most drug stores or on amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by frommarissav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite sunscreen moisturizer! I have fair skin and it works well. It feels good to put on and doesn't smell bad (I hate products with strong smells). My friend's dermatologist recommended it because it contains zinc oxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jcbalint

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Olay Complete Defence SPF 30 for many years, after trying everything else (high & low end) on the market. The others all broke me out, sooner or later, or became too expensive to use on a regular basis.

I was surprised by one of the reviews stating that it does not have UVA protection and all the rest (on the back of their bottle), and it is what prompted me to leave this review.

I live in Australia, and my bottle does not state the above. In fact it states "SPF30, UVA/UVB protection", and is made by Procter & Gamble, Australia. Perhaps the US P&G need to put certain legal disclaimers on their packaging, to cover themselves legally.

I can also attest that it DOES have UVA/UVB protection. The Australian sun is merciless, through all our seasons, and it is the only thing that stops sun damage on my face, neck & décolletage, which here can happen even after half a day of gardening (which I do quite often). I can tell the difference (red & sunburnt the next day) when I (very rarely) forget to apply it prior to going outside.

There is a "Normal" and "Sensitive" option, I've always opted for the "Sensitive", due to my sunscreen related breakout history. Being a supermarket product, I can't complain about the cost (A$14, sometimes less on special).

The bottle could be better engineered so that every last drop could be used (ie cap down, gravity fed product), is my only complaint.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is saving my face. I've been battling with extremely sensitive skin prone to mild rosacea flareups for years. I've carefully whittled down the products I can put on my face without causing irritation, and this is one of the products that has made the final cut.

I put it on every day after cleansing and applying Metrogel for rosacea. I wait 10-15 minutes for the Metrogel to dry, then I apply this moisturizer on top. It sinks in very quickly, doesn't leave a white cast, and dries matte/satin on me. I don't have a problem with oily skin, however, so oily skin types might have a different result. Other sunscreens, and even plain moisturizers with no SPF protection, can make my face red and itchy. This sunscreen doesn't irritate my skin in the least (I can't feel it at all when it's on) which is practically a miracle.

The bottle is also great. It comes in a sturdy little pump bottle that's easy to travel with and dispenses the perfect amount of product for my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ajj0061

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want UVA coverage, don't buy this. If you read the back label, the product states that it doesn't provide protection to prevent skin cancer and signs of aging.

I used to use the Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15– Sensitive, and I really liked it. I decided I wanted to up the SPF so I bought this. I've been using this for 2 weeks when I just noticed that on the back!

I'm actually pretty upset about this! WOULD NOT RECCOMMEND!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aklobastova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a decent moisturizer, but to me, the negatives outweigh the positives. It didn't do a good job of protecting my skin from the sun and the strong chemical smell was extremely unpleasant to have on my face. I feel like there are plenty of other drugstore moisturizers that are better and cost less (looking at you, Cerave.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not very moisturizing, if you skin feels at all tight it will still be so after application. Leaves face with a white cast. (Note: I'm pretty pale, wearing the second lighted shade in most makeup brands.) The whiteness mostly fades as it sinks in, but it did tend to gather some in creases over time. Doesn't leave skin overly greasy. I love the pump bottle that easily locks for travel. No real scent. Would not buy again.