April 24, 2014 | 2053 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ajj0061

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want UVA coverage, don't buy this. If you read the back label, the product states that it doesn't provide protection to prevent skin cancer and signs of aging.

I used to use the Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sensitive, and I really liked it. I decided I wanted to up the SPF so I bought this. I've been using this for 2 weeks when I just noticed that on the back!

I'm actually pretty upset about this! WOULD NOT RECCOMMEND!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aklobastova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a decent moisturizer, but to me, the negatives outweigh the positives. It didn't do a good job of protecting my skin from the sun and the strong chemical smell was extremely unpleasant to have on my face. I feel like there are plenty of other drugstore moisturizers that are better and cost less (looking at you, Cerave.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not very moisturizing, if you skin feels at all tight it will still be so after application. Leaves face with a white cast. (Note: I'm pretty pale, wearing the second lighted shade in most makeup brands.) The whiteness mostly fades as it sinks in, but it did tend to gather some in creases over time. Doesn't leave skin overly greasy. I love the pump bottle that easily locks for travel. No real scent. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using this when I was about 19 and continued to use this until very recently. When I first started using this my skin was fairly normal, but sensitive - no dry patches and no excessive oiliness. This was perfect in every way! It was light enough for wear in summer under makeup and didn't make my skin oily and it was also moisturising enough in winter. The SPF 30 has kept my skin protected from the ski slopes of Japan to the hot, humid beaches of Thailand as well as the day to day Australian heat. This never caused irritation and never clogged my pores or broke me out. The packaging is great, slim enough to carry with me but with enough product for about 3 months with daily use. The only downside is when you try to pump out the last 10% or so it just will not come out, so I usually unscrew the cap and dig it out. The price is also very reasonable and I can usually find this on sale in one place or another. The only reason I have started using something else is because now I am in my mid twenties my skin is starting to become more dehydrated with the start of fine lines showing on my forehead. It is time to kick it up a notch and use something a little richer and with more active ingredients. That said, this was so perfect for my skin in it's younger days, and if you are on the normal or combo side I think this would have just the right amount of hydration for you. I have just switched over to the Total Effects Gentle SPF 15 to see if that gives me more hydration, but I will keep using this on my chest and hands as it is a great light moisturiser with fantastic sun protection!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this off and on for years and I keep coming back to it because nothing else works this well for me. It moisturizes well, absorbs nicely and doesn't leave me greasy and gives me a nice base for my makeup. At around $12 for 2.5 ounces, the price isn't bad, either. My skin can swing from slightly oily to very dry and this, along with nighttime Cerave and retinoid cream, helps keep it calm and consistent. Probably not a great product for very oily people, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was recommended by my dermatologist. I needed a moisturizer with higher SPF. This has 30, which is good. I have used this daily over the past 2 weeks and am very pleased with it. I have oily skin and yes this can make your skin a little shiny, however, I have not had any acne or breakouts with this. I use a little matte powder to take away the shininess, which would be there regardless due to my oily complexion. I try to reapply a couple times a day depending if I am outdoors or not.

Another excellent thing, I have been successful in keeping this out of my eyes and it does not sting.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by aquasense

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually really do love this sunscreen/moisturizer. My biggest con about it is that it doesn't have significant UVA protection. If you read the back label, the product states that it doesn't provide protection to prevent skin cancer and signs of aging.

Pros: actually calms my sensitive skin a little bit, just the right amount of spf (spf 30). easy to put in a purse due to its size. lock and unlock option on pump dispenser, decent moisturizing qualities, doesn't appear to leave a white cast

cons: makes my skin look a little oily, lacks significant uva protection,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product, been looking for a great moisturizer/sunscreen that I can use daily for a while now and have been very happy with this discovery. Not only does it have a great amount of SPF, it is also quite high in Zinc Oxide, which offers great UVB/UVA broad spectrum protection, and helps maximize protection against premature aging. Another bonus is that it's got Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant. I never have problems with my skin breaking out, and don't have particularly sensitive skin, so I can't really comment on that aspect of it, but it's always kept my skin happy! I also have oily skin, so I can't comment too much about the moisturizing properties, dry girls might need something a little more moisturizing. Doesn't streak, run, or turn me into an oily mess after being out all day in the sun, which I appreciate as an oily skinned gal. I also love that the scent isn't overpowering, and that it comes with a pump bottle. The only hangup is that it can leave a bit of a white cast at first, but that quickly goes away. It is a little pricey for a drugstore product, about $18 CAN, but considering that the quality and ingredients are comparable to other higher end products, I don't mind, sometimes I can find it onsale for $11-12 and stock up when I do. I am very happy with this product, have already purchased it 3 times and will continue to re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by 0fftherecord

I have been using this for years. It's great for my sensitive skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This doesn't smell noticeably, absorbs well - despite my loading it on - moisturizes decently, doesn't break me out, and is affordable. It's getting harder to find, which is worrisome, but it's wonderful. Something about it feels totally luxurious and I enjoy putting it on. I dally with other SPFs, but I've used countless bottles of this over the last few years and will continue to repurchase this!

ETA: this bums me out, but this now causes giant red blotches on my cheeks. I don't know if the formula is different or if it's my skin, but this is no longer a go-to. Dang.