MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 7/27/2015 3:56:00 AM

My holy grail lipstick. I am fair with blue eyes and blonde hair and I never don't love wearing this, no matter what else I've got in my face. It is so freaking stunning. For any occasion, any makeup look, any time, anywhere. I get compliments on it every single time I wear it.
My love!!!! 💗 please never leave me!!

on 7/12/2015 4:23:00 PM

I have had this lipstick for quite a while and this is the second one I have got. I dont know what it is but it just doesnt do anything for me. I used to like it or probably been trying to like it as it had such good reviews but the nice neutral pink that it turns out on everyone else just turns out a brown mauve on me with too much glitter/shimmer.

My lips are very pigmented, more or less a red colour naturally but I put a light bit of foundation on my lips before putting this on to try and get the true colour of the lipstick but the colour just is not nice on me.

Three stars because I love MAC lipsticks in general and the way they go on but I wont be purchasing this one again.

I really love this lipstick from MAC and it was one of the first lipsticks I bought from the brand along with 5 others. This is a medium pinky brown with muted golden shimmer and a lustre finish. I'm fair with pretty pale lips so if I don't have some type of product on my lips I look washed out. This lipstick is so easy to throw in my purse and apply without worrying if it looks bad or uneven and it goes with any makeup look. I've worn it with bright colorful eyes, no eye makeup, smoky eyes...anything goes! This is the perfect lipstick to accentuate your lips without detracting from the rest of your makeup. It just adds a very nice MLBB color with a bit of shimmer and a slightly glossy looking finish. It never looks too 'done' unless you use it with a liner. I go to a lot of live music and this lipstick is always in my purse so I can throw it on without having to run to the bathroom, and it's hydrating enough that it keeps my lips smooth and doesn't dry them out.

I lost my first tube about a month ago (one of the hazards of carrying it everywhere...) and immediately bought another one even though I have so many lip products that it's incredibly rare for me to replenish something when it runs out. I use it so often that I'm already 1/2 way through that tube. I like knowing that my money is also helping to support a good cause so I'll keep buying it as long as they make it! Oh, and the scent is nice too. Other lipsticks try to mimic that scent but there's just something about MAC lipstick that is so luxe, including the sturdy and classic packaging.

on 3/9/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Picked this up because I was looking for a MLBB from Mac. At first I did not like this lipstick. It has lots of shimmers in it, the color pay off was okay, and the staying power was only an hour or so. But for some reason I keep reaching for it over my other lipsticks when I'm on the run or getting ready for school. This lipstick definitely grew on me and now I absolutely love everything about it. The color is very universal and will flattering. It's not opaque but more like a nice sheen of color on my lips

on 3/9/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my favourite lip stick from Mac hands down! I own a few Mac lip sticks and this one is amazing! it glides on beautifully! I've received quite a few compliments when I wear this lip stick. It's definitely MLBB. The color is a pinkish brown with small gold specks in it. I don't need a mirror to put this on which is a huge bonus! I absolutely love how this smells! it has a bit of a vanilla scent to me. It does go away pretty quickly if you aren't into scents. I love that 100% of the profits go to their Mac foundation. The packaging is really cute! I like the pink color on it. I top this off with my Mac Deelight Lip Glass. definitely a repurchase!

on 2/13/2015 8:14:00 PM

my first mac lipstick ! My chubby cheeks make my lips look so small and the bright reds, purples and pinks just do not work for me. i found this lipstick to be a slightly "nude" pink/brown colour that does not make my cheeks look even bigger than they are already! Love it ! finally a colour that i can wear !

on 2/8/2015 1:23:00 PM

My favourite lipstick for... forever. The colour, texture and wear are perfect for day, work, weekend, special occasion. The wear is so forgiving, it simply fades away evenly, with no embarrassing "lip line" effect. Love that! I wear it four ways: a light pat of product over balm for weekends; a swipe from the bullet for an everyday look for work ~with a natural/polished face and lots of lashes; also, I wear it with a winged eye and blush for a french look (really compliments my NARS Orgasm blush); and, finally, as a the ideal colour for a "full and sexy lipstick look" to pair with a smokier eye for evening ~perfect for dinner-dates because it fades/wears so perfectly and naturally with eating. I find this shade works with all my fav makeup looks. I have probably purchased this 5 times... and will again!

on 1/29/2015 11:21:00 AM

This is a great neutral/nude shade that looks like a real MLBB since it's so sheer. It's a brown-toned nude pinky shade that really looks like natural lip color.

I will say that it is extremely sparkely and there are tons of tiny sparkles and shimmers in the lipstick, especially when you look at it in the light. I think Mac needs to add less sparkles to their lipsticks--not really a fan, except they do make the lipstick look more glossy, if you like that look.

Lustre lipsticks are my favorite because they are non-drying, sheer, and non-opaque. However, they only last about 1-3 hours, so you need to reapply. For more long-lasting lipsticks try matte or satin. Other shades that look like Viva Glam V except are not lustre formula would be: Mac velvet teddy, Mac touch (more brown, also lustre), Mac Spirit, etc..

on 12/3/2014 3:51:00 PM

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, and I don't remember when, or why, I chose this color, but it washes me out. I am also not a fan of this pale pinky nude look, though it is so popular now. This lipstick is also a touch too frosty and doesn't have good staying power like so many of the MAC lipsticks.

on 10/25/2014 6:27:00 PM

This was the very first MAC lipstick I purchased and I still go back to it to this day. Perfect color for every day !

Popular Lipsticks