July 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

Wow. This was on my wishlist for the longest time. I have read a hundred reviews on this and it just sounded soo good! And yet when I put it on, I can't believe that it doesn't show on my lips. All I can see is the tiny glitters. I can feel the lipstick, yes, but I can't see it. I have to swipe multiple times to see a difference. :/ I love the texture though, it's creamy and soft and a little bit thick and it's a bit like a tinted lip balm, so I just wear this when I'm at home or at school, or just when I don't want color on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

i really like the color. but the lipstick smells so nauseous. i cant stand the smell. you have to put a lot on with a brush , if not, you can see the lines on the lips very obvious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. As another reviewer said, this is a total snooze fest. In trying to please everyone, I feel MAC made a boring, forgettable lipstick. This would have been an awesome lipstick in the mid 90s...it has a definitely brownish undertone beneath the neutral pink with a somewhat garish golden gritty frosty sheen. It seemed to make my teeth look dingy as well (try MAC's craving if you want those pearly whites to pop!) There are way better MLBB lipsticks out there, MAC or otherwise. It gets two stars because I really like how they donate the Viva Glam profits to charity. I also love the Viva Glam V lipglass, probably because it layers well and adds a neutrality to lipsticks, but I won't purchase the lipstick version again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jayess3

I absolutely love this lipstick. I was on the hunt for a sheer neutral pink lipstick that had the "your lips, but just better" shade after I'd lost a Clinique one that was my go-to. Mac Viva Glam V is that shade for me; for reference, my skin is NC25 with very golden/yellow undertones.
As I mentioned, the lipstick is somewhat sheer, but buildable, as its formula is a Lustre. The description on Mac says it has a "pearl" finish- but I would consider it slightly more shimmery than pearl. With that being said, I am someone that absolutely hates shimmer normally, but the shimmer in this lipstick is very fine and not too detectable. In fact, I think the shimmer is what makes this lipstick and its beautiful finish.
I haven't had any problems with this lipstick drying- it's quite hydrating when you put it on. The one thing is that you may need to reapply it throughout the day, especially if eating. But this lipstick is honestly amazing for any event- very versatile.
Overall, I think this is a great shade that goes with any look and enhances my lips beautifully. Highly recommend that you try it on (I admit that I initially didn't like it when I swatched it on the back of my hand, but I was encouraged to try it on and I was instantly convinced).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite nude lipstick ever!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as my 3rd MAC lipstick I believe. I went to the counter at Macy's with my friend on the search for a nude. The mua handed me this. I tried it on and wasn't super wowed. It was darker than I was looking for in a nude. My friend and the mua said it looked awesome so I bought it. It's about half gone, but at this point I haven't touched it in a year. I actually just tried it on again, and let me tell you, I can see why I don't like it much. It's gritty in texture and VERY shimmery. I hate shimmer. On a plus, it's a beautiful pink based neutral. I think next time I will go for the color I want instead of listening to other people. NC15 cool undertones for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on the fence with this one. Like many have said before me, it's a fantastic every-day wearable shade. The color is great. It is perfect on my very fair cool-toned skin. Great for work.

But the formula! It goes on great, and has decent staying power, but it dries out my lips so badly. I even wear a heavy balm underneath, and by the end of the day, my laps are chapped and flakey. Bad flakey, embarrassingly flakey, that I can't wear lipstick the next day without a full on exfoliation and super moisturizing.

I read that Maybelline ColorSensational in Nearly There is a decent dupe. So I am going to try that when I finish this, hopefully the formula will work better for me. I am going to finish this tube, just because it was so pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get all the buzz about this lipstick. It's goes on sheer, and it's a basic nude. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice but seriously.... yawn. I think theres better nudes then this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Kiwipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC lipstick. The salesgirl recommended this to me when I told her I wanted an everyday colour that would suit my skin tone. (For reference, I wear 2.0 in Matchmaster and NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid.) I was a little thrown off when she handed me this lipstick to try on because I saw the shimmery quality of it. I tried it on anyways and I actually really loved it. She gave me a clear gloss to put on top, and it just made my lips look so nice and plump!

I really hate the feeling of lip plumpers, but I like having my lips look bigger, so this lipstick helps me achieve that look without any pain!

I would describe the colour of this lipstick as like a dark mauve with multi-dimensional shine. I really do love it, and it will be my everyday lipstick. The vanilla smell of all MAC lipsticks is also really nice.

However, it is pricey. It's about $18 CAD before taxes, but I got this when The Bay was having a sale (spend $75+ get $10 off). Which isn't a big discount but it surely helps! (Says the shopaholic haha).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by letec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a pinky nude lip. I'm NW 43-45 and I wear this with mac plum liner and sometimes with overindulgence lip gloss. I love it! It's so pretty and goes great with a good smokey eye!