April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Whirl

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great basic nude lip liner that goes well with all lip colors. I keep multiples of these in my car, makeup bag and at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by michkal

I have a ton of makeup, but this liner is a staple that I always wind up coming back to. This pretty much matches my natural lip color, perhaps a bit deeper. Im an NC25 with mauvey pigmented lips for reference. It's great to give depth to paler nude lip color or to match with a mlbb shade. I would definitely recommend this to people with pigmented lips looking for a natural liner. I apply it lightly and blend. It also looks great all over the lip with some gloss on top. I like the texture of MAC lip liners - they are smooth and apply evenly. I also like how they are a standard pencil. I prefer this to the automatic twist-up pencils that always seem thick and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only lip liner that I own. I absolutely love it. It is close to my natural lip color and extremely versatile. I bought it to make nude lipsticks work on me because I have never been able to get them to look right on me since my lips are really pigmented. I can finally make Mac Hue lipstick work for me! At first, I was debating between Whirl and Stripdown and went with this one. I love it. Will repurchase when I run out even though it feels dry when applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i swatched this side by side with Spice. this is slightly darker and more plummy makeing spice look a bit more corally. I like whirl as my lios are fairly pigmented and this matched my lip colour but since I find my lips are too pigmented (which is why i never wear ultra sheer or clear lipglosses) I prefer Spice on most days compared to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! Yes! Yes! I finally found MLBB lipliner. This is perfect for everyday. When I just need a lipliner and clear gloss. I love this pencil. I would say more, but its perfect. It matches my lip color exactly, which is what I've been looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip liner, I've never been into lippies whether its lipstick, colored balm, etc. I've always been into the more natural lip look. This liner, is the only exception! I like to fill in my lips with it then put some fashionflower or nice buzz gloss over it. It's just such an elegant shade, anything you add to it will only enhance it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

This is my favorite MAC lipliner thus far. It looks really natural on my lips and I usually pair it with syrup which has the same pinkish color as whirl and it looks beautiful! I'm almost out so I'll be buying a new one soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I have been a MAC Spice girl for many years now because it goes with everything, but this liner is lighter than Spice and a bit more natural looking. I love to wear it with my HG MAC nude, Hug Me. A good dupe for Whirl and Spice is Rimmel's Tirimisu pencil liner, especially when you can find them on sale. Tirimisu is actually closer to the color of Whirl than Spice because it's more nude. I would highly recommend this liner because it is a nude that pairs well with a lot of colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have too many MAC lipsticks that go with this liner so I don't see the need to buy another one! It is a really pretty liner and only $13 (inexspensive for MAC imo) This looks cool with Snob, and you look put together if you use it with Cherish. I would buy it again if my MAC lipstick collection got more nude colors. I like this lip pencil but I only have 2 shades that it goes with =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I reach for Whirl fairly often, but I don't love it. MAC calls Whirl a "dirty rose" but that implies grey to me, and there is no grey in this lip pencil. Instead it's a more tea rose color, and when I swatch it on the back of my hand, I see a lot of brown and very little pink. My lips are mauve, so this is not a good match, but it had been the closest I could find for neutral lipsticks until I discovered Prescriptives Dusty Rose (which is back for a limited time). My favorite MAC lip pencil is still Soar, which more closely matches my lip pigment. I won't purchase Whirl again, but I will use it up.