August 20, 2014 | 1910 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Whirl

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I kinda really regret purchasing this liner. First of all, its a nude-ish shade in which I could get a comparable product/color from a lot of lower end brands. Secondly, it leans slightly grayish on me for some reason? Last but not least: I forgot how much I loathe MAC liners in that they are really hard in comparison to say Milani, NYX, and other more affordable "creamy" formulas.

I think this would be a lovely color for someone with pale (and paler) skin than mine. For me, it just doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

MAC calls this a "dirty rose" This has more of a tawny hue on me just bordering on rusty. My lips are naturally on the mauve tone. I've used this on it's own and also with the Moody blooms sheen supreme lippy Moody bloom and it is a perfect match. It does not come out nude on me as others have done which is fine I have lippys that will work with it as well as a great way to use it on it's own. I've not found a NYX pencil that can dupe this one so it will be a definite repurchase for me. Oh and you may have a time trying to find this one in stores it is rumored to be the pencil that Kylie Jenner uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great basic nude lip liner that goes well with all lip colors. I keep multiples of these in my car, makeup bag and at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by michkal

I have a ton of makeup, but this liner is a staple that I always wind up coming back to. This pretty much matches my natural lip color, perhaps a bit deeper. Im an NC25 with mauvey pigmented lips for reference. It's great to give depth to paler nude lip color or to match with a mlbb shade. I would definitely recommend this to people with pigmented lips looking for a natural liner. I apply it lightly and blend. It also looks great all over the lip with some gloss on top. I like the texture of MAC lip liners - they are smooth and apply evenly. I also like how they are a standard pencil. I prefer this to the automatic twist-up pencils that always seem thick and dry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only lip liner that I own. I absolutely love it. It is close to my natural lip color and extremely versatile. I bought it to make nude lipsticks work on me because I have never been able to get them to look right on me since my lips are really pigmented. I can finally make Mac Hue lipstick work for me! At first, I was debating between Whirl and Stripdown and went with this one. I love it. Will repurchase when I run out even though it feels dry when applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i swatched this side by side with Spice. this is slightly darker and more plummy makeing spice look a bit more corally. I like whirl as my lios are fairly pigmented and this matched my lip colour but since I find my lips are too pigmented (which is why i never wear ultra sheer or clear lipglosses) I prefer Spice on most days compared to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! Yes! Yes! I finally found MLBB lipliner. This is perfect for everyday. When I just need a lipliner and clear gloss. I love this pencil. I would say more, but its perfect. It matches my lip color exactly, which is what I've been looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip liner, I've never been into lippies whether its lipstick, colored balm, etc. I've always been into the more natural lip look. This liner, is the only exception! I like to fill in my lips with it then put some fashionflower or nice buzz gloss over it. It's just such an elegant shade, anything you add to it will only enhance it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by swtladyy

This is my favorite MAC lipliner thus far. It looks really natural on my lips and I usually pair it with syrup which has the same pinkish color as whirl and it looks beautiful! I'm almost out so I'll be buying a new one soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I have been a MAC Spice girl for many years now because it goes with everything, but this liner is lighter than Spice and a bit more natural looking. I love to wear it with my HG MAC nude, Hug Me. A good dupe for Whirl and Spice is Rimmel's Tirimisu pencil liner, especially when you can find them on sale. Tirimisu is actually closer to the color of Whirl than Spice because it's more nude. I would highly recommend this liner because it is a nude that pairs well with a lot of colors.