October 20, 2014 | 1898 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Hepcat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by schwabj

Hepcat is a purple color with reddish undertones. It's very pigmented. I don't reach for it often, but when I do, I mainly use it as an eyeliner on the upper lid (above black eyeliner). My only problem with it, is that if I don't even out my skin tone (I have pink undertones), it can make me look sickly (since it brings out reddish pigmentation and highlights blood shot eyes). I would not repurchase, mostly because it's not easily wearable and is discontinued anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Glemt

I really love this shade... !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I always hear that purple is good for green eyes. So, I've been on a mission to refine my makeup style and find makeup shades that say "look at my eyes" not "hey, look at all the crazy colors I have on my eyelid". I guess I'm maturing a bit out of my goth/punk look and just want something that is flattering and not boring brown. Not crazy bright or super dark purple with glitter everywhere either!

The problem is: the majority of purples are blue based. If you are warm toned this can look a bit odd. My eyes are bluish-green with gold in the center...but wearing the proper colors can really make the green pop and become the dominant shade.

I've experimented a lot over the years and I'm going to say that Hepcat is one of my favorite purples/violets. It's on the verge of purple converting to a plum/cranberry shade, not too red and not too bluish purple. Not too dark, not too light and is a unique color that you won't find in a drugstore.

My favorite way to apply this is just all over my lid with no other colors. It really brightens up my eyes and is a simple way to make them pop. It's still a fun, edgy color that I feel safe wearing to work. I get compliments whenever I wear it and it lasts all day even without primer which is nice because I think that if you are paying $15+ for a single eyeshadow, it should not require a primer to achieve a good look. Definitely worth the money and I will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC Hepcat (0.05 oz and $14.50 usd) is a frost reddish purplish plum color. This is one of the first eyeshadow I have purchased from MAC. On my tan warm nc 40 skin tone, this looks too harsh because of the red undertone in the purple. It makes me looks tired and sick whenever I would use it. The application is avearge and it applies nicely with no problems. Hepcat is also pigmented and easy to use. This can make sa nice smoky eyeshadow when applied with MAC carbon to get the sultry purple. On it self, it does not look great. Overall, Hepcat is a good reddish purplish eyeshadow for a purple lover.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by seasigs

I just bought this shade recently and wore it for the first time today and got so many compliments! I have more than my fair share of e/s in shades of purple but this one is definitely different with the reddish undertones. I agree that it is definitely not an all over the lid color but I used it on the lower lid through the crease paired with some lighter pink shades and it is just gorgeous. I felt it complimented by hair and eyes well (brown/hazel). Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this color works for me. in mac i wore nw43. i wear this on my lower lid softened with a brown in my crease and arena and a pot concealer under my brow. it is a bold color and not something i'd pair with another bright color. i had on a pretty green sweater the other day and had this on and i got so many compliments on my makeup. i had neutral lips. it's not an everyday color and i don't use a lot but i like having this in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by fairyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of those colors that is an "in between" color that I am always looking for. It is a color that can go "in between" a two other colors and make them look great. With black and yellow, with wine and silver, with dk. purple and light violet etc... I don't think I'd cover my whole lid with it, you'd look like you'd been in a major fight! But, love it as a blending between color! I use it a lot to blend darker colors up to lighter ones. Click on continued to see a photo of me wearing it!

MAC
    Black Tied
    Hepcat
    Phloof!
    Motif (over NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil)

Hip Eye Khol
    Covergirl Lashblast Mascara (black/brown)

NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

I don't know what ever came over me when I went out and bought this color. It's a medium-toned magenta with seriously fuschia/red tones and an unquestionable sheen to it. This looks ok paired with blacks or cool purples just because those types of colors help draw the attention from its overly warm undertones which can make you look sickly. When worn on its own (not recommended), it just looks like you overdosed on something and your eyes turned bruisy, red and oily (due to its velvety sheen, which is normally a positive thing but in this color it just accentuates the junkie effect). People who have an issue with red in their eyeshadow colors because, like me, they find it turns them into an exhausted wreck, stay well away from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Kipper8588

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a nice, shiney (especially with fix + mixed in) shadow! Looks BEAUTIFUL with carbon, nylon and poison pen! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was one of the first MAC e/s i purchased purely because of its gorgeous colour in the pan. little did i know it would become one of my most favourite all time MAC e/shadows. it glides on smoothly & for brunette coloured hair & eyes, its compliments really well.