December 20, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Loose Powder Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These (particularly the ones in the larger jars in their main line) are the best quality loose eye shadows I've tried, bar none! I am a long time makeup junkie/addict, and the main brand of my desire overall is MAC. MAC could stand to learn a lesson or two from this brand when it comes to loose shadows. Yes, MAC's pigments are good. I just personally feel that the majority of Bare Escentuals' pigments (dependent on color, as is the case in any brand) are very smooth and finely milled and just apply like a dream and have major pigmentation. I get more compliments when wearing these than I ever have wearing MAC pigments. LOVE these babies!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Julia336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These eye shadows are some of my favorite. The pigmentation is great and they last all day. The only complaint I have is that since they are loose, they get everywhere. I have to be careful when I use them, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used a few of these for over 12 years. The only one I ever gave away was the black bec it gets everywhere and is so pigmented it's all over my counter, bag ect. BUT THESE WILL LAST YOU LITERALLY TILL THE DAY U DIE;)I have pebble and sex kitten and although they do make a lil mess opening and closing them I adore these colors. Rather expensive but worth the cost bec they last yearsssssss!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by agnebai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bare Minerals loose powder eyeshadow is the most pigmented and long-lasting eyeshadow I've ever tried. Very little of the product gives you a lot of color, so I have a feeling my one container that I have (I have gorgeous burgundy shade "Cable car") will last for a lifetime. The only problem I have with it is the packaging which I hate. I wish there was a better way to control how much of the powder comes out. You have to be sooo careful not to waste it!...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by LivingArtist

I would rate this a 2.5, if I could, for the color selection and the highlight shades, but I can't so I'm rounding down. To be fair I'm not going to knock it for packaging. It's a loose eyeshadow, I'm familiar with the concept (I own quite a few) and I knew what I was getting when I bought it. You have to have a steady hand and be very careful ... and basically just accept that messes will happen!

These swatched great at the BE store! I went in with my mom to help pick out colors for her (I'm an esthetician and free lance makeup artist) and wound up getting several for myself for personal use. The color selection alone made our heads spin and it was a blast playing around with them on the backs of our hands. I have to say though, I had major buyer's remorse after getting them home.

The color payoff was really poor when applied to the lid with a brush, even using Prime Time, BM foundation, mineral veil, and an eyeshadow primer before application! It took forever to build and I found it would fade within an hour or two. I did find in warmer weather (especially once I moved to Texas) that I consistently wound up with fallout through the day. The darker the shade the streakier it seemed to apply, and I would have to blend for a long long time, and then it would without fail crease on me. I have normal skin, not much oil at all except nose area in the heat, and in fact I lean toward dry in winter ... so creasing with a primer made no sense to me for a higher end shadow! I expected these to wear comparably to the other loose eyeshadows I had prior. I bought a 10 stack of Pure Colors (for $20! ps, if you think BE shadows have difficult packaging you should try dealing with a stack) at an esthetics convention, and never had a problem with color payoff AT ALL, and only very minimal creasing if I didn't use a primer, they also blended like a dream! So needless to say I was hugely let down.

On the bright side I will say I like the highlight shades, particularly the glimmers. They wear decently well on the brow bone and inner corner (although those aren't really creasing areas) and they also go on smoother/blend nicely with other shadows. They do have a little fallout but with lighter shades that isn't very noticeable or troublesome to remedy.

I really don't understand how some of these reviews can be so praising. I'm not a makeup novice by any means, I have the right tools, I know the process ... there's nothing wrong I'm doing on my end, these shadows are just mediocre at best. I've had drug store brands work better. Would definitely not repurchase, sadly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I got a sample size of BM loose eye shadow in the color Sexy Kitten. It took me awhile to get through the small amount in the plastic trial size container. Overall, the pigmentation is great and I love the earthy brown tone with copper shimmer flecks. The shimmer looks really natural and earthy on the eyes. I like the values of the company to producing paraben free make up. And these eye shadow pigments create great looks.

However, I would not repurchase for several reasons. I really like experimenting with make up. And some of the other makeup brands on the market, though not 100% paraben free, create AMAZING products due to competition. I feel like BM eye shadows are pretty expensive and have quite a bit of fallout. It is really difficult to create some make up looks with their loose shadows. Smokey eye looks just are not the same.

But out of their product line, these shadows are really great. Their eye liner pencils are not so great...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Thank god someone put up this review slot- I am wayyyy too lazy to review each bareMinerals loose eyeshadow that I own.
Overall, I am very satisfied with the quality of the bareMinerals loose eyeshadows. Honestly, they took a while to get used to; I've never owned any other loose shadows prior to bM, so I had no experience whatsoever in applying and dealing with loose, powdered eyeshadows. However, once I got it down, then it all fell into place. These eyeshadows can be used for some very neat looks- bM blends like a /dream/. They have lots of range in finish- you can find anything from matte to metallic to full-on shimmer, which is absolutely great.
With a good primer, each bM shadow lasts really nicely without fading or creasing. Plus, you get a ton of product in a regular-sized container; a little goes a really, really long way, and it will last you a long time.
Of course, each shadow comes with the hefty $14 bareMinerals price tag, but bareMinerals makes a lot of value kits, and there are numerous bareEscentuals outlets, so you can find some great sets. I definitely recommend bM eyeshadows, because they are just all-around awesome!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

My brother bought me the Sweet Obsessions eyeshadow palette as a gift for Christmas a few years ago and if you have a brother you should know how sweet that is to have a brother actually cater to your makeup interests and spend that much money on you. I was really excited to get the shadow palette since the colours in it were gorgeous, if you haven't seen swatches of them definitely look them up because they are so beautiful. My problem with these shadows is that the colour payoff of these are terrible. I always use primer with my shadows and these hardly showed up with primer so I would be terrified to think how horrible they look without it. There is a really pretty mint shade in this palette and when you put it on your lid it just looks like a frosty white, you can't see the mint at all. Really disappointing. I have had this palette in my drawer for about 4 years now and all of the shadows are basically full and I don't see that changing. Too bad. Do not buy this, you can do better with Maybelline and Wet n Wild.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a love hate thing with these shadows. I said I "wouldn't buy them again", but I'm not so sure.
Pros: Wonderful pigments, wonderful shades, professional finish, long lasting, beautiful shades.
Cons: Crap, crap packaging, difficult to apply even when you use the brand's own brushes, takes ages to get a good finish and you need to be a make up pro to do them properly. More than likely to splatter all over your dressing room. Loads of wasted product.

That is, when you get it right, it is wonderful, longlasting beautiful eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Denise048

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bare Escentuals in Faux Fox is a great color for everyone. This is a neutral color that goes with all eye colors and will bring out the flecks of color in your eyes. I would buy this again, It is a must as a staple in my makeup bag.