L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

The colour selection is amazing! This foundation blends in amazingly with a good quality brush, and there is no trace of cakiness! I would say the coverage is medium with 1 layer and medium/heavy with 2 or 3 layers. The longetivity on my skin is about 6 hours, with is quite good considering I have oily/combination skin. There is basically every skin tone! It's really easy to choose your skin tone too, because the shades are named after skin undertones, which narrows down the selection. I have a warm skin undertone, and I am shade 3, so my shade is called W3. I haven't tried many high end foundations, maybe 2 or 3, but this is better than Estée Lauder or Clinique! I am definitely going to repurchase this product when it is empty!

on 5/20/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation has consistently got Favorite Drugstore Foundation awards, and it's easy to see why. It's one of those foundations that feels like you have no makeup on but still somehow manages to cover blemishes and imperfections. For the record, I have pale, dry, flaky skin, and the Porcelain shade is the only shade I have found from both drugstore and high-end brands that matches my ghostly complexion. Some reviewers said L'oreal true match was a bit drying, but to my relief, it didn't emphasize my flakes at all. It blends like butter, gives a skin-like matte finish, and more than adequately concealed my acne. I am very satisfied with this.

on 5/20/2015 7:14:00 AM

The packaging i have is different, so it may be different but it says loreal true math super blendable and spf 17, so ill write here. Im honestly inlove with this foundation, it really works well with my skin, i naturally have really oily skin and it covers it amazingly obviously with a little powder on top, it gives me a natural gorgeous look and its one of the best foundations i have purchased and its so inexpensive, i really think it depends on each person's skin type but i love this product!!

I picked this up a couple of years ago after hearing lots about it and to be honest I didn't love it at first. But, I played around with it more and used different ways to apply it - I think I used to apply it with my fingers when I first got it. Probably why I didn't like it as much. Fast forward to now and this is still in my makeup collection and it's my GO-TO foundation. If I'm wearing makeup, 9 times out of 10, I'll be wearing this beauty.

If you have dry skin I would suggest moisturising well before using this as it does set to a semi-matte finish. Which I love. I have combination/oily skin - some days it's oily than others, but this foundation lasts all day on me. If I am needing a touch up then I'll usually just powder my T-zone once then i'm sorted for the rest of the day.

My favourite way to apply this foundation is with either the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (I usually use this) or the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge (don't forget to wet your sponge first!).
Having said that, I definitely prefer using my brush because this foundation is VERY thin - literally like water- so I find the sponge soaks it up abit and I have to use about half a pump more than I normally would.

My skin is by no means perfect (I uploaded 2 pics) but this foundation gives me such a gorgeous coverage - it's so buildable and IMO doesn't get cakey - it makes my skin look flawless. I would say this is a medium to builable coverage.

Obviously, we girls (and boys) all have different skin, so I can't speak for you, but this foundation is my holy grail and I would recommend it to anybody. I have repurchased this time and time again, and won't be stopping soon. If you've got the same/similar skin type as me then 100% give it a go - afterall it isn't a super expensive foundation, so it wouldn't be as heartbreaking as not liking a Nars or MAC foundation, for example.

Have fun with makeup and just experiment :)

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have to say, I was really surprised by this foundation. I never have any luck with drugstore foundations, besides neutrogena healthy skin, but the color is slightly off with that one, other then that it's a beautiful foundation. Now onto the loreal one, dare I say I like it even more then my HG nars sheer glow?? Yes I do dare! Lol the finish is natural, skin like, and just overall healthy looking. I do not have any issues with this such as, sliding or going patchy. The color is better then neutrogena, I'm a yellow gal, lol. I believe I have this in W4 and I would say it's a good match for nars sheer glow "Punjab" (less peachy) or mac NC25 borderline NC 30, a happy middle ground in the Mac. I happen to range anywhere from NC 20- 35 depending on the season, if that helps anyone, and I do wear studio fix fluid when I need a hardcore, stay all day and night foundation and I'm NC30 right now and W4 is just about right. Enough of the ramble, overall this is a good foundation and I will continue to purchase it. I think I'll try W4.5 and W5 next, as I get darker in the summer. Good color range.

on 5/14/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wah! I really wanted to love this foundation. I gave it two lippies because of the awesome color match, but really the positives stop there. This gives barely any coverage at all, is extremely dewy and sheer, and made me a grease ball in about two hours. I have very oily skin and acne scars, and have seen lots of YouTubers with oily skin use this and build it up to full coverage but I was not able to do that. The packaging sucks too. I would only recommend this to someone who has normal, perfect skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a classic foundation to me, I've seen it recommend by celebrities and make up artists tons of times over the years. I think that says a lot even if it sounds silly. All you need to do is shake it up and apply it over moisturized and primed skin with your finger tips. It should just blend right into your skin. It lasts for the day and has a natural finish. It has a thin texture and good coverage which is nice. It doesn't feel heavy.

I have been using the lightest of this product for about ~3 years now. I started using it when I started breaking out in HS, but have ruined my face because of it. Since I started it, I began to develop deep cystic acne and generally just a lot more acne. I did not think that my makeup was the issue, and so I didn't stop using it and consequently ran myself into a hole.

Now I can't go a day without wearing a crap load of makeup because my skin is horrific. I have scars and acne galore. I eat healthy, exercise and sleep regularly, take supplements, use face masks, and all the best products to rid acne yet it is super persistent.

Then, 2 weeks ago I stopped using THIS product and guess what? Haven't had a cystic pimple since, my acne has decreased like crazy. I'm convinced that this product ruined my face and turned it into what it is today, where I literally can't go makeupless. Had I stopped using this when I was younger, I can almost guarantee I would have saved myself years of suffering. I only stuck with this product because I couldn't find a foundation to match my skin color, but I'd much rather be orange than covered in acne.

I switched to the BB acne concealer, which unfortunately makes me look orange (using the lightest one too). I have very fair skin, ginger here! So I'm on the hunt for a new concealer. I use the translucent maybelleine finishing powder along with the BB currently.

Just save yourself the acne and do not get this product. It may start out nice, and work great at concealing, but it will ruin you/

on 5/8/2015 6:38:00 AM

Why, every time I want to like a product, I end up being disappointed?

Anyway, this is a foundation that has a brilliant colour range and the lightest 'N' shade seemed to suit me perfectly. But alas, it was not meant to be. I find this foundation tends to sit in pores and fine lines - especially when first applied, it looks horrible and very obvious! That said, it does last reasonably well and has good oil control which surprised me. However, by the end of the day, the transfering this foundation did was ridiculous and as such, felt uncomfortable on my skin. There's not much more to say so I'll break it down (much like the foundation did on my face...):

PROS

Good colour range suitable for a variety of skin tones
Excellent packaging - with pump
Surprisingly good oil control (with powder)

CONS
Very runny, watery formula leading to an oily feel on initial application (although, L'Oreal's website do state the foundation is oil free)
Sits in pores and fine lines (especially on the first application) - to the extent it looks chalky
Horrible transfering at the end of the day
Average coverage - nothing magnificent but nothing horrific either
Dried out my skin a little - making dry patches worse after makeup removal

I'd love to find a budget friendly, everyday foundation/bb/cc cream suitable for combo/oily skin. This is not it...

The search continues...

It's a good foundation for everyday use, it's very good coverage and I like that it has SPF on it, the only con that I find it's that it can tend to look oily at the end of the day, but even though it does not wear off

Video Reviews & Tutorials