October 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Sueleen

I have tried so many foundations from different brands (Rimmel, MAC, Clinique, Bourjois, etc). It's been really hard to find the right foundation for my skin (mostly oily with dry patches on my forehead towards the end of the day) and I have to say this has been my favourite out of all of them. I was a bit skeptical to buy it looking at the price (£9.99) but I went for it and I'm so glad I did. With oily skin I'm used to having to keep powdering, checking my face every hour or so. When I wore this foundation I have to say I was very surprised! Not only did it not let me oil shine through but it had amazing coverage, just what I needed for teenage skin. When I finish this, I'm definitely going to go for another bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually have oily skin, but since its autumn, my usual HG Covergirl Outlast foundation seemed to be working differently than during the summer, so wanting a change (also I needed a foundation that actually matched me) I opted for this one. I used buff beige 825 in the Covergirl foundation but should've been using nude beige 832, so using the website findation.com I got matched to nude beige W3 in this foundation. I also picked up the powder and concealer in the corresponding shades. Since I bought them at Walgreens (I'm against the ethics of other more affordable mass retailers) I ended up paying $28 for all three products.

First of all the color match is spot on. I have warm yellow under tones, and the shade I got matched was perfect (I uploaded a picture, I'm wearing cat eye glasses). Coverage is actually ok, surprisingly it is isn't too light compared to the Covergirl foundation which is pretty full coverage. Along with the concealer my skin looks pretty good! Alone it's good for getting rid of redness and evening minor dark spots. I'd say I have slightly oily skin at the moment and this lasts four or five hours before I need to powder or blot. That's pretty good, since I appreciate the lighter, more breathable coverage.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase. I really like how they work in conjunction and I am absolutely blown away by the spot in color match.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

Recently found a great price and coupon so gave it a try. Big mistake...huge.
I applied it with both a brush and a sponge over moisturizer and primer. I couldn't believe how bad this was. It pooled in every pore both large and small, and the finish was cakey and dry. My skin didn't look matte it looked flakey. Adding insult to injury there is micro-glitter in it so in the daylight I have sparkles floating in the pools of my pores!
I bought a warm and neutral shade and they both were very close to my skin tone, so for that it gets a star which it barely deserves. This is one of the worse foundations I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by PallaviD

I used this foundation for a little while, didn't like it and shelved it. Almost a year later I gave in to the rave and rant about this foundation and re-purchased it. I loved it instantly! And I also understood what was wrong with the first bottle, it was the wrong shade and the product was nearing expiry.
My current shade is W3 Nude Beige. It is the most perfectly matching foundation I have ever had. It literally disappears into my skin. The coverage is very buildable and one can choose to sheer it out to a light coverage or build it up to a medium to full coverage without getting cakeface.
It doesn't cause breakouts or make my face oily. I read recently that Dita Von Teese has tweeted this to be her favorite foundation (in the shade N1).
The finish this foundation has on my skin is matte to slight satin. It looks awesome with a primer underneath.
My only peeve is that it comes in a little bottle. How about increasing the quantity some more and changing the packaging to a bottle with a pump?
Love this foundation. Will definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by roxxyy96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of, the packaging is hard to work with but I bought it anyway because I wanted to give it a try. The consistency is very runny and the formula has freaking shimmers!!! I'm a very oily faced person and omg did this make me shiny within an hour! The color selection is great but I just wish the got rid of those microscopic sparkles! I would recommend this for people with normal to dry skin. I've heard it clings on to your pores, but that didn't happen to me. Remember you must have a clean canvas for you make up to look good. So don't expect your foundation to look flawless if you don't put a lot into your skin care routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by attarius

I like L'oreal True Match when I first apply it. It is moisturizing, provides adequate coverage (and I have redness, acne, and scarring), looks very natural and comes in a lot of colors. The ingredients aren't that bad for acne prone skin either. The issue is that I'm oily within the hour, by the time I get home my face is unacceptably oily. It transfers easily, and it does break me out. It breaks me out not because of the ingredients, but the fact that it creates a slick film over my skin trapping all of the stuff my own oil traps that cause blocked pores, but exacerbating it because it's extra. I bet it'd be great for dryer to normal skinned people.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ecall1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lured in by the promise of drugstore yellow toned foundations. The W2 was not that yellow at all to me, more pale peach. It looked chalky, pooled in pores, and didn't wear well throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by malcontent

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My biggest challenge with foundation has always been an accurate color match. I'm naturally very fair, and I began using Prescriptives in my teens. I wore the lightest shade of Y/O. However, Prescriptives would often discontinue the shades light enough to work for me and paying for "custom" matches was not always possible. I tried other brands, such as Shiseido. Again, I found that the lightest shades in the range would get discontinued with such frequency that I was unable to have a consistent match. At some point, the color ranges in the drugstore improved, and I began to wear this L'Oreal product because it was inexpensive, easy to find, and the lightest shade in the warm range was quite a close match for me. I have used other non-drugstore foundations from Nars, Stila, Clinique, and MFE and so on. Again, it is very, very hard for me to find a good color match, and often the lightest shade in a range will appear to be an ugly orange against my skin. The only exception was the Nars foundation I tried which seemed chalky and white. So, I've been loyal to the L'Oreal for years due to the sheer, yellowish color available in W1.

That said, I have my reservations. The color match is good and the product applies thinly. It is doing nothing, however, for my dry skin. Though I moisturize and use primer, this particular foundation will highlight any slight dryness or flakiness. (I apply in strong natural light with a magnifying mirror, so I suppose I'm quite critical of any texture issues.) So, I think maybe this foundation was better when I was a bit younger and my skin texture was very youthful rather than now when it is "maturing." For reference, I'm 38, and while I do not have wrinkles or crow's feet, I do have slightly enlarged pores on my upper cheeks combined with generally dry-ish/dehydrated skin that needs finely-texured products, thin sheer application, and careful blending/buffing to look its best. This foundation tends to dry quickly on my skin, before I can finish buffing it out to the perfect texture. I also feel that it does not last long, though that may be an artifact of my dry skin. If I care particularly how I look that day, the product will need to be washed off and re-applied after 4-6 hours.

Given all this, while I'll keep it around, I may go back to searching for a good color match in a higher-end foundation more suited for dry or maturing skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by parishg

First of all, the colour range for this product is amazing, there really is a shade for everyone! I always buy two shades of every product for when I'm my natural pale skin tone, and for when I am tanned. I bought this product in the shades W1 and W4. I actually used this product a few years ago when it first came out and I was still at school, as it is drugstore and very affordable, I thought it was okay at the time, not incredible! I then recently started hearing amazing reviews about how amazing this foundation is, holy grail foundations for some! So I thought I would give it another go as it's not pricey so was worth a try. The consistency is very runny, this makes it very easy to blend which is great, however I find the coverage isn't too good as a result of this! I've heard many people say that it's very 'buildable' however I would disagree, one layer is enough, any more and it starts to look very cakey and patchy! I was a little underwhelmed by this foundation as I was expecting something pretty great to get all these reviews! I first used the Benefit Porefessional primer under this foundation, and it really did not work, it was clinging to my dry patches (I actually have quite oily skin). However, I didn't want to give up on it straight away, so I tried using a thicker moisturiser on my face and tried a different primer. I used the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and the foundation went on a lot easier, and looked a lot smoother! It doesn't offer a lot of coverage, I think if you have any blemishes or under eye darkness, you definitely need to use a good concealer with this. This product doesn't last very long, I always set my foundation with a powder, however within an hour or so I found that my skin started looking very shiny and oily! After a few hours my face just looked patchy and shiny, no amount of blotting or powder could fix that! I wish I could have written a better review about this product as I had very high hopes for it! It's a good foundation, however you have to prep and prime your skin well for it to work, and it you're looking for a long wearing foundation, I don't think this is for you! I will not be buying this product again in hurry.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by celina5847

It has freakin sparkles in it!!! Micro sparkles very noticable if you are outside in daylight.