L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a decent makeup. I was able to find my match easily and it looked good on me, but the coverage is not great. It is very sheer and made my skin break out constantly. I have combination skin (oily in my t-zone, normal on cheeks). So this is not ideal, but for someone with normal skin it's an ok daily foundation.

You definitely need concealer because this doesn't cover blemishes or hyper-pigmentation. Also, there is no pump. So the product just spills out. I got used to it and figured out how to measure a good amount, but the packaging is not the best.

A little background: When I first bought this foundation, I wasn’t a huge fan of it. But that is my fault. I bought it during the summer when I was much more tan. I also bought it when I originally believed I had cool undertones. I have now realized that even though I have some red areas on my face, I have neutral undertones. After getting a high dollar coupon and the foundation going on sale, I decided to give it another try. (Especially because of so many YouTube bloggers have given it great reviews!)

The Review: The foundation is very liquidy and I am not a huge fan of the packaging. I would love to see a pump vs. the bottle for cleanliness reasons. I shake the bottle and use what is collected in the cap and put it on the top of my hand. I then wash and dry the lid to prevent contamination to the rest of the bottle. I like a light to medium coverage so a little goes a long way. I take what collects in the lid and put it on the top of my hand. I apply it with a slightly damp ELF powder brush. It blends very well. This foundation makes my skin appear even and is a perfect color match. It doesn’t oxidize and turn orangey whatsoever. It feels very lightweight and not like I have a pound of makeup on my face. Overall, I love it and plan to repurchase.

on 2/26/2015 10:37:00 PM

My skin is a complete mess so it makes getting foundation very difficult. I have an oily tzone but a very dry face overall. I have lots of texture issues because of my acne/acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. I'm on accutane now so it is making my original dry skin go to even drier skin with flaky patches. I have a Walgreens down the street from my house with SUPER nice makeup employees that helped me go through the "try and return" method to pick the best foundation I'm gonna get with my crappy skin. After buying and returning 5 different foundations, we finally came across this foundation! It's by far the best I've ever tried! I still don't look like I have perfect flawless skin, but that is simply caused by having a terrible canvas for a face. There are many things I like about this foundation, and a few I don't like :)

Pros:
-Very little goes a LONG way! (I only pour out about a dime shaped amount with a height of about 2-3 dimes on the back of my hand. I like to use a beauty blender for the best coverage)
-It dries at the perfect time to allow you to put on a layer. If you want to build it up, let the first layer dry a bit before putting on another layer, but be careful! Too much makes it look very cakey.
-Like the name says, it's SUPER blendable. Take your time with this though :)
-It has a wide range of shades. I use neutral soft ivory shade which is pretty close to my white skin :) I think it adapts to your natural color pretty well too :)
-It lasts longer than I expected. About a good 5-7 hours.
-It feels very natural on the skin! It doesn't smear when the skin is rubbed like a lot of liquid foundations. It has medium coverage while feeling very light on the skin :)

Cons:
- Pouring it out :( it's very liquidy so it makes it hard to pour out the right amount without it dripping off your hand.
-I forget what I paid but I know it was a bit pricy. I got it at Walgreens which is pricy in itself but I guess it could be a lot worse!
-For the price, I wish it was a bigger bottle. The glass bottle is only about 2.5 to 3 inches tall.
-If you aren't patient with it, it's not going to look good so for those who can do their makeup in 5 minutes, I wouldn't recomment this for you :/
-If you love using setting powders-loose and pressed- don't use this. Since it dries really well, powder only makes it look dry and cakey. I'm not sure about setting sprays though :/

The only thing I have trouble with is covering my drier acne. My spots tend to flake with different layers of skin and heal with thick layers of skin. I think it helps to use a very good moisturizer (helps combat the dryness of accutane).

Since getting foundation that has the right feel/look/coverage/shade for my skin is extremely difficult, I would definitely but this foundation again :)

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought one after reading a blogger used it. My skin is oily to dehydrated in the winter with dry patches. This foundation cannot be used in the winter, it is noticeable you are wearing something, I have some black heads in my nose and it is not good....since it has SPF not good for night shoots either, felt like I was a zombie, yellowy. I think this made me aged when wearing it. Probably, for summer works but then I get sweaty because my skin cannot breath with foundations in general. Test it before buy it if you can, maybe works well for others. The coverage is really good though, hope they improve the formula because the price and packaging is not bad.

on 2/25/2015 6:13:00 PM

Hated it. Looked mask like. Horrible orange shades . There was a glittery look in the sun. Forget the matching powder thats a total miss too.

on 2/24/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay so at first my sister bought this foundation when she was a little tan. She didn't really like it so she stopped using it. One day when I was playing around with my makeup, I decided to try this foundation on after seeing videos on youtube about how much everyone LOVEDDDD this product.

And I had the same reaction too!

This foundation is quiet liquidy, but it has medium to high coverage and it's super buildable and blendable. This foundation gives you a nice glow to your face and it has a sort of dewy finish which i LOVE.

it's totally worth buying and has a wide range of colors to choose from!

Seriously my favorite drug store foundation

on 2/21/2015 7:45:00 AM

Was really excited to try this foundation as it was recommend by beauty gurus on YouTube, I have the shade W3 which is very light for my skin, but as I lost my tan it became more wearable, very blend able, didn't like the finish that much, it stuck to dry patches and seemed to slip and slide on the oiler parts of my face which is not a good look. I tried it with a primer and moisturizer on and then I found decent results, needs to be set with powder! Good range of different tones and colours!

on 2/20/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really happy with this product. I haven't really worn foundation a lot because I find it tends to flake and cake on my skin; however, this one doesn't flake as much as others. I have tried the 'Wake me up' foundation that was highly praised but I found it cakey with too much shimmer, and it didn't not give much coverage. Wake me up only stayed for a couple of hours when true match stays for the whole day. It is very blend able, but it does tend to cling to dry patches and look quite cakey if you over apply or use the wrong tool. It has a great range of shades, but even the palest shade is too dark for some people I know, that's a shame as it's advertised as 'true match'. It covers blemishes very well, and often you don't even need concealer on top! It stays for a very long time, but it needs to be set with a powder. It is very thin so the real technique's multi task brush is nice to use. it's very good how it drys quickly, but it means you need to be faster with your blending. I find that beauty blenders tend to absorb all of the product so fingers or brushes are the best tools to use . I find it has quite a pleasant smell and it feels natural on your skin. As someone with very sensitive skin, i'm happy to say I had no irritations or breakouts from this product. I like the pump packaging, and it distributes a nice amount of product but I find it tends to dribble out of the nossle a bit that can be quite messy. Its a very good price for the amount of product and the foundation's quality. It's can be considered quite pricey for a 'drugstore' foundation though.

I can't believe I have never used this! And to date, I haven't used this on its own yet. I bought it in a lighter shade than my skintone to mix with the Revlon Colorstay that I have that's too dark. It mixes beautifully with the Colorstay to make a finish that isn't too matte, but stays put. I can't wait to try this on its own. I have to say that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. I hate bottles without a pump. I prefer to have pumps or, even better, a squeeze tube. I did try the Lumi version of this against my better judgment. I'm an oily girl and I should've known better than to use a luminizing foundation. But. Live and learn. This one is great so far!

on 2/17/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I can't blame a product for my bad reaction to it, especially when it provides as nice a finish as True Match. This applied and blended smoothly (best with a brush or fingers) and the color match was better than any other drugstore foundation, thanks to L'Oréal's attention to undertones.

It didnt oxidize or break down and still looked good (other than the allergic rashes) after several hours. I did set it lightly with powder because it did feel ever so slightly tacky.

I rate this a three because no thought was given to dispensing the product. I poured it on my metal makeup palette and always had some left over. Granted, it's easily obtainable and isn't that costly but a tube or even a squeeze bottle would be so much better. The size of the bottle means there's no pump to fit it. If this had worked for me I was going decant it to an airless pump dispenser.

Video Reviews & Tutorials