Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour - Whiskey

on 12/4/2007 5:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I recently chose to purge this e/s, having tried a number of times to make something useful of it (mostly as a crease color). The shade is drier than most other LM matte offerings, so it applied streaked. In the end, the color looked darker on my eyes than it should've, due to its uneven texture, so I finally gave up on this one. Sadly, LM chose to discontinue several matte shades this year - Toasted Almond, Princess and Hazelnut - all of which, IMO, were far nicer, in both color and texture, than Whiskey.

on 12/24/2006 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a terrific staple neutral e/s, a perfect daytime lid/crease color. It's a matte, slightly cool beige. Texture is silky and wear is excellent. It's pretty close in color to the Frappe shade in BB's Chocolate Palette. For reference, I'm a light LLL with red hair, blue eyes.

on 2/2/2006 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the PERFECT crease color for my skintone! (MAC NC30) I can't believe how many versions of brownish eyeshadows I have tried, and they all have that hint of orange or red in them that give me the allergy-eyed look! BUT NOT THIS ONE! I LOVE this e/s! I love all of my LM eyeshadows, I still think Laura Mercier puts out the BEST e/s formula-- better than my beloved MAC, and better than Bobbi Brown and most other high-end makeup lines. LM eyeshadows rarely crease, go on smoothly, and blend like a dream! The choice of colors is great for gals who prefer a more natural look. (If you want dramatic colors, stick with MAC.) But specifically about Whiskey, this is a neutral-beige-brown that is very wearable in the crease for a natural, daytime look. Your eyelids but better! Lasts all day, and doesn't make you look tired or sick. Does what a good crease color was intended to do! :o)
I love Whiskey and will buy again and again as needed... continued >>

on 10/9/2005 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Basic subtle brown. Natural matte look. A classic keeper. Shows on really great with Wheat Eye Basics.

Great for work

on 3/21/2004 5:57:00 PM

Though this isn't a wow colour by any means, I think the intention was never meant to be a wow. :) It's a great basic colour that I found to be a near to perfect crease colour. It's not an overly warm tone but it's not a grey brown eithre. So it's very wearable for most people.

I'm a MAC NC30 and this is very close to be a natural crease colour. The finish is matte and you do receive a fair bit for the price. My only rant would be the packaging... in addition to the unflattering brown plastic packaging, the glue on the mirror has come off and now I have a loose mirror in the eyeshadow case. Oh well!

on 12/24/2003 9:49:00 PM

Whiskey is a pale brown color. It is not as pigmented as puppy but it is still very nice, very subtle. It is similar to Stila puppy and jane rock star.