NARS Funny Face

4.4

WARNING! This lipstick contains high levels of lead.

Funny Face is such a beautiful shade, a dark fuschia bordering on violet on my pale, yellow-undertoned complexion. My friends are so used to seeing me wear red lipsticks but I always get compliments from them when I wear this. I think this colow would suit a good variety of complexions and despite being a bold color, it is still office-appropriate. Nars lipsticks aren't by any means inexpensive, but the quality is so superior and they last so long that I don't mind purchasing & repurchasing them.

I really like Nars' Funny Face. I was originally going to purchase the Schiap bright pink shade at Neiman Marcus, but the kind sales lady suggested it might not work as well for my medium toned skin and blonde hair.

I honestly could get away with wearing Funny Face every day. It's bright enough to make me look fun, but works for a casual run to the grocery store or for work, too.

This past weekend was my bachelorette party. I wore Funny Face. All my friends (an Asian, a very pale brunette of Irish descent, and a super pale girl of Finnish descent) all wanted to borrow the lipstick. Honestly, it looked SO good on all of us. It makes your teeth look whiter and just makes you look put together and chic.

Great buy.

The only thing that is worrisome is that the lipstick tube is really tiny. I mean, it is $26.00 compared to Nars' Audacious lipsticks that are $32.00, but still... Give me more product, Francois!

Beautiful hue, but I feel like I must have either gotten a defective one, or I'm going blind, because I find it difficult to get full opacity with this lipstick. Yes, in the tube it's a brilliant color, but when I apply to the lips I feel like I need to layer up in order to get the color pay off. Given the high dollar for NARS products and the need for me to layer application, I wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely fuchsia lipstick with a purple shimmer. It's a semi-matte and I love this formula because it doesn't shrivel your lips like the usual matte lipstick does but you still get the longevity. Although this is more of a spring/summer colour, I love wearing this during the fall. Of course, I do get into the dark lip too but for times when I want something brighter, it's Funny Face.

My only qualm about choosing a NARS lipstick is the smell. It's not a completely unpleasant smell but it smells a bit herbaceous to me and sometimes I can't stand it. The smell on the lips is definitely not as strong as in the tube but when you apply lipstick, you've gotta open the tube.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't know what else I can say that hasn't already been said about this gorgeous lipstick. I recently purchased and and fell head-over-heels for the color, texture and staying power and because it's such an incredible lipstick, on all fronts, I felt I should put in my two cents. If you're fair and want a 'statement' lip color, check this one out. (As a side note: for some reason, I cannot wear red lips without feeling that I'm in costume, so when I want my lips to be the focal point, I gravitate towards bright or deep pinks. If this sounds like you, then run, don't walk, to your nearest Nars counter!)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a fabulous color for anyone with fair skin! Its a bright, blue toned, fuchsia color. Good staying power, fades to a nice stain. Makes my skin look brighter! If I put no other makeup on, a swipe of this lipstick makes me look completely put together. It goes on smoothly and lasts for hours! It only needs a light touch up due to fading. Although it's matte, it doesn't feel drying at all ! I love this color so much that it has kinda replaced my red lipstick that I wore everyday.

I was really just joking around when I tried on this color. It looked like it would be completely over the top and ridiculous but my opinion was completely changed when I tried it on and I ended up buying it. This is a bold and bright fuschia but it has an elegance to it so that it looks classy, not cheap. At the same time it can look very edgy. It's like the fuschia version of a beautiful bold classic red. I've had this for a few years and I love it more and more with time. It is very pigmented, wears well and fades well. I like to apply one layer, blot and apply a second layer to make sure it wears well. It fades evenly and it leaves a kind of even stain on your lips. As with most traditional lipsticks, I do recommend using a lip pencil to outline the lips (and/or fill in if you like) to avoid any feathering around the edges. Even though this is a matte lipstick, the color is really not flat. As with most Nars lipsticks, I find there is a lot of depth/complexity to the color that makes it extra special. My lips get dry easily, so I won't say that this lipstick is very moisturizing, but its not bad either. The packaging is very modern like all of Nars packaging so its definitely worthy of being pulled out of your purse for touch ups in public (if that's your kind of thing).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay, lord help me. I love this color because my inner ratchet can rejoice in colors for summer while I still look classy. it looks very expensive (it is, nars pricing is ridic) and lives up to expectations. I wouldn't wear it to the club (too dark) nor work (too bright) but somehow I still love it. its good for everything else where you will be seen. I was afraid it would be too 90s power tie color but the brightness complements my tan skin so well I look much more well rested.

btw you need lip liner because you will quickly cross the line from class to trash without it. just take the time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oooooeeee! I love the bright pink fuschia shade of this lipstick. Very J. Crew spring 2011(?). It is an eye-popping hot pink with decent staying power..... Matte as hell, so it may dry those little smackers up. I have always loved NARS lipsticks for some reason, and i believe this one would be a great addition to your collection. I will definitely repurchase this shade!!

Recommended for Medium Skin