Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this shampoo really works well with cleansing my hair and making it feel soft. it has a natural fragrance to it as well

on 4/16/2015 9:26:00 PM

I use this once a week and it gets the gunk out and makes my hair soft. I'll keep buying.

on 4/16/2015 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I just washed my hair with this shampoo and then proceeded to use my regular conditioner and heat protectant. As I was drying my hair I noticed how incredibly SOFT and healthy it feels, it's like virgin hair! Silky, soft and shiny, this is a miracle for hair! My hair is light blonde, heavily coloured and heat styled, with greasy roots and brittle ends, and this shampoo made it feel like silk, it's amazing! And the bottle is huge and will probably last me a year. Awesome.

on 3/17/2015 11:02:00 AM

HG!!!!!!! Removes every trace of build up and leaves my long ish, straight, fine, highlighted hair clean, fresh, bouncy and full of volume. Brightens my blonde too which is a major ++++++++. I use it once every week or every two weeks, depending how much styling product I've used. The one small, itty bitty con is the fragrance. It's not very pleasant to me. But, I will gladly use it over and over for it's benefits anyway!

on 2/21/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff! I bought my first bottle last year, used it and enjoyed it for a few months and then when I moved I lost track of it. Lately my hair has been feeling as if it gets 'dirty' really quickly after showering, so when I came across this again I was super happy. I used it from roots to ends and then followed up with a deep conditioner and my hair felt soft, clean and smelled lovely. I don't think the scent will be for everyone, but I love it and it really lingers in my hair - especially if I let it air dry. I bought my 2nd bottle today after finally finishing the first. It's a great shampoo to use every few washes to get rid of product build-up, and it's really reasonably priced. This will be a staple product for me from now on.

on 2/6/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great shampoo for removing build up and taking a break from my regular shampoo so my hair doesn't get "used to it" (making it less effective). I use this maybe once a month, it doesn't dry out my coarse, frizzy, dry hair and leaves it soft and bouncy. The scent is nice, non offensive and not very strong. I don't shampoo the entire length of my hair with this, I scrub it very well into my scalp (I get oily scalp but have dry ends) and I figure the rinsing of my scalp will wash the ends, and it seems to. So my hair never feels stripped when I use this. Will repurchase but I will get a smaller bottle next time, the 950ml giant one is too huge for the shower with no pump. I'll look for a smaller bottle in the future.

on 1/29/2015 1:30:00 PM

My east asian hair has never been dyed, only processed with heat (straighteners, curlers, blow drying, etc), it is rather greasy, I wash it every other day, and it is extremely thick.
Before I bought the shampoo I noticed my hair was getting extremely greasy all the time even after a shower, it took me a while before I realized it was due to product buildup.
After using the shampoo I instantly felt the roots of my hair being (legit) "squeaky clean". I lathered the shampoo all over my hair, including the ends but focusing more on the roots (it's the greasiest there), used my tresemme conditioner, washed it out and my goodness my hair felt like the most amazing thing in the world. It was extremely shiny and soft and clean. Love this shampoo, definitely recommend it and would buy again <3 .

on 12/23/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My dubious introduction to this shampoo came when my colorist butchered my color. Medium golden blonde somehow came out medium ashy blonde with a slight green tinge. HATED it. My stylist (different person) recommended using a clarifying shampoo. I happened to have a bottle of this, which I stopped using when I started coloring my hair. Because it is great for the current purpose-stripping the offending color out of my hair. In the weeks I've been using it, it has lightened the color considerably. Not exactly where I want to be, but back to a more bearable neighborhood of blonde. To clarify my recommendation, I would probably not buy this again unless I was in the same situation again. This would be way too risky to use on a hair color I actually liked.

on 12/19/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Everyone needs a clarifying shampoo, and this is the one I choose. I have Type III-IV AA hair that I wear in its natural state, wash and wear. I use a multitude of styling products on it (leave-in conditioners, gels, etc.) so I find it imperative that I clarify to rid my hair of product buildup. I use this once weekly and also before deep conditioning to completely clean my hair and make it more receptive to conditioning treatments. I think you'll notice a difference in the way your regular products perform once you start clarifying on a regular basis.

on 12/19/2014 11:13:00 AM

Amazing stuff! Especially for the price. I use it once a week and it's really helped my hair. Especially on the day that I use it, my hair always looks amazing. I follow it with a really rich conditioner and always use oil in my damp hair before styling too.

I notice on the day I wash with the neutrogena shampoo, that my hair is softer and styles much easier.

The bottle lasts forever since you only use it once a week. Definitely get it!