Physicians Formula Yellow Concealer

3.3

on 1/15/2012 2:30:00 PM

This product is for yellow tone people or people who have very dark bruised puple dark under eyes. I have very very dark under circles for such a young age ( 14 ) And they are THE WORST!!
I bought this and I didn't know what to think of it so i stopped using it. But then I started again and it's pretty good!
First : don't glide this under our eyes, kind of smudge and dot this and build it up then pat pat under your eyes.
2nd : Apply a regular liquid concealer over this concealer base.
Your undereyes circles will be significantly reduced. The yellow kind of cancels the darkness a bit and the regular concealer conceals more and takes away the yellow tone a bit.
Rating : 3.5
This does smell weird...a bit...odd. But I don't smell it on my face. This may be drying to some people but just apply in small stroked and build it up around your eyes :D
My eyes aren't even cakey with this and regular concealer + powder!
My eyes are def. less dark and bruised looking
it's not full full coverage it's sheer/medium coverage.
Repurchase!!!!

on 9/24/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't like this product so much.. It melts off and smudges my eye makeup. The color is a tad bit too yellow. I like the idea of it but unfortunately this did not work out for me..but it has a lot to stand up against my love, mac studio finish concealer :) haha. Wouldn't reccomend this for anyone.. But I have also only tried this under my eyes as I don't get many zits on my face so haven't had the chance to try it out anywhere else. I prefer concealer in a canister so I can apply it with my concealer brush for smooth application.

on 12/7/2009 2:03:00 AM

I really like this concealor-- creamy and very smooth! I recommend applying with a brush for the most even application and for avoiding applying the concealor to the skin that isn't discolored.
The yellow neutralizes my dark purple/ blue undereye circles (and sides of my nose near the tear duct) extremely well. I usually apply and set with medium-coverage powder.
My only gripe is that it settles very quickly and easily into fine lines. I dab on eye cream 5- 10 minutes before applying, and the concealor still settles into my tiny undereye lines within the next 1- 2 hours. Darrgh.

on 6/10/2009 12:17:00 PM

♥ this was my second purchased on PF.. this was very effective for me.. it really neutralized my dark circles very well without looking yellow or some mask on my eyes! it suits my asian complexion so sometimes i dont need to put light concealer or foundation, i just dab it with my finger to even out then my powder and im good to go.. this was my second concealer that i finished from them.. im using their concealer rx and that is my HG now! i love Physicians formula! ♥

on 6/3/2008 8:38:00 PM

While I do like the hygienic packing (it's a rather large tube), the formula itself was horrible. I thought because of my yellow-based Asian undertones that this concealer would work well to cover scars or excessive redness. Rather, it was a too-thick formula that didn't blend well, even when I mixed it with a bit of lotion. It also settled into lines that I didn't even know I had. Perhaps I just got the wrong color or maybe it was an older tube, but I found this concealer horrible. I had such great hopes for it, too :( continued >>

on 5/22/2008 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If you have very dark circles under your eyes, this is a good way to off-set the color. The corrector neutralizes the color but doesn't conceal necessarily. You must apply powder or foundation over the concealer. The texture is not the easiest to blend but for the price, I'll work at it! It does a good job of concealing once foundation and/or powder is applied.

I got this at the dollar store and was pretty excited because it'd been something I'd been wanting to try for a long time. It's okay at covering up my circles but doesn't make them completely disappear (they're fairly dark), but I've found that my regular ivory foundation works just as well for me.

on 4/11/2006 6:11:00 PM

This product does not work for me at all! I have very pale skin with pinkish undertones and this doesn't cover up my dark cirles at all! It shows up on me exactly as it looks in the pot, yellow. I have since tried Bobbi Brown's Corrector in Porcelain Bisque and it works much better for my pink skin tone!

on 10/29/2005 10:58:00 PM

this has been the only concealer that actually hid my dark circles! the yellow does not stand out on my skin which has a yellow skin tone already. be sure your undereyes are well moisturized and the product will blend in easier. i use the tube with sponge applicator.. this works much better than the lipstick type applicator. if you use foundation (which i don't) you MAY have a bit of time blending them smoothly. but the coverage is FANTASTIC!!

on 3/1/2004 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The color works surprisingly well for dark circles but it's so creamy that it slides right off my oily skin. It also settles into fine lines.