November 28, 2014 | 1956 users online

Polishes - OPI - Edin-Burgundy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by nefertari786

Bought this colour after reading reviews over here. Must admit I was unsure whether to buy this colour or Malaga wine but this colour had slightly better reviews and I must say I'm not disappointed. It's the perfect shade of deep red I was looking for, was worried it would be on the brighter side but it definitely is a lovely deep red shade. Looks perfect with 2 coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by dodgygirl888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found Edin-Burgundy on my nails to be uneven in colour. I applied two coats. Maybe it's my application technique but i have not had trouble with uneven colour with others. I really do love the colour though and will keep practicing (I'm just getting back into nail polish!). Buy this if you want a beautiful deep/dark red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by HausKat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome shade of red! It's slightly lighter than "Chick Flick Cherry" and is a deep perfect cherry red (not at all orangey-looking like some reds). Evenly opaque in two coats and dried quickly. It's a creme (no frost or shimmer at all).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

This is my go to red n/p...deep red burgundy shade that complements my tanned skin. it's so wonderful in any season. i esp adore it during winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by BriChz

A lovely, very wearable shade of red. My only gripe is that it's a littler redder/brighter than it appears in the bottle. Definitely not a burgundy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by hecatemacbeth

This was one of the first polishes I bought after looking for a deep bluish hued red that would work with a pale girl during the winter without looking trampy. I had a theatre event to go to, and decided to find something that would go with a silver dress shirt since they were our school's colors. This is a very classy shade that looks good with any evening outfit or 4th of July picnic. I even have my mom going through my stash!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG red. I'm about 1/3 of the way through my 2nd bottle of Edin-Burgundy - that's a lot considering that I have about 100 polishes with +40 reds in the collection. Edin-Burgundy is the most perfect cool toned blued based dark red that doesn't lean pink for my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. Works well on both my toes and fingers. The application is smooth and streak free, I can get great coverage with 1 coat but I prefer 2 coats to deepen the red. The wear is excellent as with most OPIs, no complaints on this one. Edin-Burgundy was released as part of the British collection in Fall 2003 I think, it's still available online and in store. I've heard that Got the Blues for Red (Chicago, Fall 2005) is a dupe though I've not been able to compare them. Excellent color, a must have for red creme lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by thejadedstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG red vampy shade! I always get compliments when I wear this shade, which is always a plus. I'd say that it's a blue red, but only very slightly. Layering it can change the hue as well, and I find that 2 coats are perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a classic red. One coat is a brighter classic red, two coats makes it darker. It's more of a burgundy red, not bright like Double Decker Red. It is a great shade for fall or winter and would look great on tips or toes. It's one of those colors that you fall back on when nothing else jumps out at you. Edin-Burgundy is from OPI's 2003 fall/winter British collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by dctexan

The best red ever. No sparkles or shimmer, just beautiful rich color. I like to think of this as a pure red (not brown, or orange, or purple), but in reality it is probably a slightly blue/red. Looks amazing on toes and fingers year round.