December 20, 2014 | 1474 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Base Lumiere - Illuminating Makeup Base

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this product is still on the line. The new Le Blanc primer is 1000x better. This is thick and my foundation never blended well over it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I. Love. This.
I wasn't even sure how I would use it and was very skeptical, but I finally gave in and brought one home. I am so glad I did!

I have tried other 'illuminating' type things, but either see nothing, or see sparkles and/or shine. This is hard to describe, because illuminate sounds shiny to me. For me, it gives my skin a dewy look (not oily). It makes my well aged skin look healthier. Maybe glow is a good word.

I use two different foundations. It works differently with each.

With my IT CC cream, I mix them together on the back of my hand. Wow. Just love it! It's subtle, but I am so happy with that little oomph it adds to it! Yay!

My Laura Mercier Crème Smooth does not mix with it. They don't play well together if I try to mix them up! Even if I can get them to mix, it goes on streaky and blech. But! I put it on under the LM and, we have a winner! The LM goes on easily and has that extra oomph that is what will make me continue to purchase this product for a long time.

I don't mind the bottle. It's not fancy or pretty, but I'm so happy with the product I don't care.

I'm so happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First primer I truly enjoyed using. I've used a handful from L'Oreal, Hourglass, Nars, etc and this one actually made a difference in my skin. Just wearing it by itself gives my skin a slight ethereal glow. It appears to blur or soften my skin imperfections. I could go out just wearing this. With foundation, the wear is much dewier but keeps it from oxidizing. I just hate that there's no pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having problems with your foundation? This base is your solution! I do, however, think that it is best suited for Chanel foundations. I was struggling with the oxidation of Vitalumiere Aqua, by noon it would be two shades darker than when I first applied it, but with this base I have no more oxidation. My foundation goes on smoothly and lasts all day. If I want a little extra luminosity, I tap a very small amount over my foundation. I will definitely repurchase when I run out which won't be anytime soon given that you use so little of the product each time you use it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Britta8988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product it works so well for my combination skin, it's a gel like consistency and it just sinks into the skin without discoloring the face what so ever, like some primers can create white or other color casts on the face. I do use all Chanel products, primer, foundation, and powders and the brushes. They work so well together. And, I work at a cosmetic store that has other high end prestige makeup lines, but unfortunately we don't have Chanel, but because the quality of each and everyone of the makeup tools I use from Chanel, I don't care about not getting that discount from the store I work at, because Chanel has the best makeup and the quality is so worth the price. Especially this primer, it creates such a soft and glowing effect on the face prior to foundation application. The best part about this primer is that it also has great benefits including toning and hydrating combination skin without making it oily. But the BEST part is that the packaging is great and you only need such a little amount that it will last you so much longer than say smash box photo finish primer that is basically the same price but you will go threw that stuff and other brands primers like benefits "professional" primer 10X faster than Chanel primer and like I said, that's not the only benefit, it really does keep your foundation on until you personally have to take it off yourself. Will never change primers,foundations, or setting powders again! Chanel works for me and that's that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kitchiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Firstly, I am a Chanel Lover so I will say I am a little bias. Chanel is such a luxury brand and the packaging wins me over every time, The staff at my Boutique always make me feel so exclusive and give me lots of samples so I feel like spending a little bit extra on Chanel for the experience and freebies is always good, and that's before even getting onto how great the product actually is.
I have oily skin so I was advised to avoid using this on my T-Zone as it isn't mattifying, however if I use my mattifying "Moisturiser" to begin with, and just using a light amount it doesn't seem to add any excess or enhance the shine on my face.
It is a great primer, my makeup stays on much longer and really blurs out imperfections. It makes your makeup look flawless. I use it usually with Perfection Lumiere by Chanel (in Beige 30) and it's really lovely. However as it is summer in Australia I have switched to MAC's Studio Fix as it seems to have a better "Matte" effect. Both are great and because of that I will repurchase this Primer.
The only let down I will give it is that although it says it is a "Sheer" or "Translucent" primer, it really isn't. Unless you're using a tiny amount it does lighten your skin a little bit. It's not really a problem but I prefer a slightly more sun kissed look.
Overall, try it for yourself but I would recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by tiglitterxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the texture, the smell, the outcome of the product that makes my make up stays longer than before, the only thing i hate is the price and the packaging. The bottle is sleek but there is no pump and i have to scoop it out. kind of annoys me. But the product is great though.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

Bought this product recently after going on a Chanel splurge and I really like it. I have fair to medium skin tone and it doesn't make me look pale if I wear it under my foundation. It's definitely not a product that should go all over the face, I put a small amount where I want extra glowiness and it does exactly that.

Will keep buying, one of my favourite highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by 2012makeuplover

Don't expect miracle happens folks! This is a great product! I tried whole face on, half face with it, and the other half without it. Through the whole day the half face with it feels much more hydrated.
Pros: adds natural radiance to the skin
Smooth out the skin , makes skin looks more juicy w collagen
Helps makeup stay where it should be for longer time

Cons: not a huge difference , so don't expect tiny bit product to change the overall appearance of your skin!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

I havent really figured out what does this product do,i dont see any difference on my make up when i use it.Plus it feels steaky on my combination skin.I prefer the bronzing base of chanel.I wont buy this again.