April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Conditioner - Queen Helene - Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by StilettoGlamourBarbie24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, this stuff is amazing. I have dyed my hair every color known to mankind, bleached it, flat ironed it. .you name it. All this left my hair prettyy darn fried.

I've used a multitude of high end products and would even book weekly deep conditionings with my stylist at one point. This product saved my hair and left it soft and beautiful like no other.

The key is to use heat. After applying the conditioner, wrap your hair in plastic wrap and either use a blowdryer or a hooded dryer if you have access to one.

Do this 2x a week for at least 2 weeks and you should see some amazing improvements. Hey for less than $5 it's definitely worth a try ;)

-StilettoGlamourBarbie24 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I definitely could not live without this product for conditioning my chemically treated hair. I have been bleaching and dyeing my hair since I was a teenager and my hair can get very dry and damaged feeling and this product really just softens it right up and makes it feel so conditioned and moisturized! I really love using it as my primary deep conditioner of choice and the best part is that it is super cheap! But don't let the cheap price fool you this stuff works!!!!

I typically bleach my hair blonde in the spring/summer and then dye it a darker color in the fall and winter and my hair really takes a beating from all that bleaching and dyeing but what can I say I don't like my natural light mousy brown haircolor and I also get bored easily so I bleach and dye frequently and if it wasn't for this product I don't even want to think about what state my hair would be in! My hair gets really damaged from what I put it through and also can get very dry and after using this cholesterol cream my hair is transformed into soft, moisturized healthy looking hair. The thing I can't get over is how cheap this product is and believe me i have spent a fortune on all these pricey salon brand deep conditioners and masques and NONE of them are able to transform my hair the way Queen Helene does!!!! It is really nothing short of a miracle.....I highly suggest you give it a try if you have dry, damaged, or over-processed hair. the consistency of this product is super thick in fact it is one of the thickest conditioners I have ever used and it really coats my hair which I love and although it doesn't have the greatest smell in comparison to other conditioners but the benefits of this conditioner really outweigh any of the pitfalls....it is truly an excellent product!

This product can be somewhat hidden in a lot of stores and I personally did not know about it until just a couple of years ago and let me tell you I wish I had discovered way earlier than that, this product can normally be found in the ethnic hair section of most drug stores, mega marts, and beauty supply stores so just search it out and you should find it and trust me it's not just for ethnic hair it can be used on anyone with dry, damaged, or over-processed hair! And for the dirt cheap price it is definitely worth a try! I use mine as a deep condioner either before I shampoo and quick condition or after I shampoo and quick condition depending on what I feel like doing....either way it works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by leanedra

My hair used to be very damaged from heat and dead ends. AT that time my stylist told me I had to get my hair cut. Soon my grandmother bought me this product, and let me tell you, this conditioner has changed the look of my hair. I would recomend this product to any one who ask.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been meaning to write this review for a while. This conditioned is awesome it really softens and detangles my hair - and it doesn't have ingredients I usually favor in conditioners. I don't know how it does it Lol. I have red hair with blond highlights too and this really brings the highlights out. Also it is very cheap and lasts a long time. It is packed in a jar so if you are not careful it can get messy. There is not much of a fragrance but the smell is -meh. This does have lanolin so if you are allergic to lanolin be careful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Running with scissors by Augusten Burroughs shed a whole new light on "multi-purpose" with this product. It isn't terrible, per se, especially considering how long its been around, but it doesn't warrant a repurchase IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by paleandpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have super baby fine, dyed red and curly hair. My hair gets frizzy and the end become super dry. I noticed more often my hair is brittle and breaks when putting a brush through it or pin curling it. BTW, I do not use hot rollers/straightening iron etc... On my hair.
I have tried soo many conditioners or protein packs and nothing seems to make my hair feel or look any better or stop breaking. Until Queen Helene entered my life.
I bought this product for five dollars on a whim and desperation.
I have to say besides the smell of the product I am loving it!
I wash my hair then apply Queen Helene cholesterol Conditioning cream onto my wet hair and wait only one to two minutes then rinse.
Not only are are my tangles gone but makes my hair super smooth and a lot less breakage is occurring when pin curling or brushing.
Do not recommend using this everyday but once a week has made a big difference on my poor dyed scraggly strands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by lilfloridablondie

I've been processing my hair for years and wouldn't be without this. It truly is an inexpensive, great conditioner. It can be a little heavy if used alone, so I mix with Ion effective care treatment a 50/50 mixture and leave on for 20 minutes with processing cap. You won't go wrong with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Jlab25

I have kinky curly hair, that I typically style in wash-n-go's. As a result of excessive wash-n-go styling my hair has become dry and brittle. I decided to look for a product that would aide in protective styling and add moisture during the summer time. I found this product, which I initially purchased to detangle my hair prior to washing. Prior to applying the product my hair was a dry mess and impossible to comb so I got the product to alleviate my wash process. I started by sectioning my hair and applying the product generously to dry hair. Applying the product took about 35 min for my entire head due to the texture and length of my hair. The product has a nice light smell kind of like coco butter, I especially like the texture of the product because its super thick but spreadable. I have tried La Kair and it is watery/messy in my opinion. Any who after applying the product I did not sit under a dryer (as mentioned in the directions), after having the product on my hair for 35 min (application time) I jumped in the shower AND...Viola my tangles melted away! I ran lukewarm water over my hair and just like that I could run a comb through my hair minus the struggle and large amounts of shedding. Needless to say I highly recommend this product, especially as a prepoo product. Why I am particularly impressed by the product is the end result after the wash process. My hair was soft, manageable, and I had zero to no shedding while styling, definitely plan on repurchasing again, whenever I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by london1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies this stuff is AMAZING. This is how I do it and my friends have also done it this way without the greasy mess others are writing about. Put this on DRY hair slather it on and then put a shower cap on. I put a blow dryer on low and put it under the corner of the shower cap to heat it up. After 5 min of heat just leave it on as long as you can. The hop in the shower and under hot/warm water rinse it out. The hot water melts it so it rinses out. I then shampoo and light condition then rinse. This can also be used on the ends as a leave in just dont use loads. My hair has done a complete 360 since using and safe enough to use a few times a week. You cant overdo it! My friends and I would kill for this stuff. My hair is so much more healthy and growing like crazy. Get it and its a bargain I would spend LOADS of money on this if I had to,

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Bippityboppityboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I hate the smell(lanolin) but don't care because it really helps my fried bleached hair. Its not a great detangler but more of something i notice after i rinse it out and blowdry my hair. my hair looks less damaged.I used it in high school when my hair was not only bleached but falling out due to taking accutane. So my hair was so sad looking. I used this 2-3 times a week and I think it made my hair appear thicker as well as repairing it. Anyway I use it now for my full head of bleached damaged hair and it looks thicker now too. I just smear it on and let it sit for twenty minutes no heat. Overall it is a wonder product. So cheap. I think it was 3$ at Sally beauty. Who knew, cholesterol?! I think I bought this out of curiousity. Anyway it helps repair my dry thin fragile hair a ton.